chupi

Love for the Sephora Collection

Anyone else buy Sephora's make-up and/or brushes?

I just bought the Color Anthology because it was only $20.

I really like their Jumbo Eyeliners and Color Lip Last.

Not a fan of the nano liners, though. 

michelle283

Re: Love for the Sephora Collection

(0) Hearts

I've recently become cash poor ( going back to school at 30 is expensive... WHO KNEW )?  I purchased the Sephora brand 10 hour foundation instead of my go-to MUF Mat Velvet to save a few bucks.... and I LOVE it!  It was the least expensive option of my Color IQ selections, and I figured I could always make a return if I hated it.  It's actually pretty great.

jenjendoitagain

[ Edited ]

Personally, I adore Sephora's line.

I own quite a few... ok a lot, of their shadow singles and palettes. A great variety from mattes to shimmers. I know a few people don't like the Sephora shadows, but they work well for me.

I agree with you on the liners, I have never quite liked them myself. They just don't do it for me.

My personal favorite is the Color Reveal Lip Balm! Very hydrating and give my lips the perfect pink color! I wear this more than lipsticks or any other lip balm now. That little thing and me are in a serious relationship. I have been obsessing over him ever since I met him. :smileyvery-happy: I have even bought a few extras (For $13, who wouldn't?) to keep for back ups because it says its LE, so I don't know how long it will be available. I think they should keep this permanently :smileyhappy: I adore it.

s1363134-main-hero.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/color-reveal-lip-balm-P304833?skuId=1363134

Their brushes are wonderful quality too! I love 'em! I think my next purchase from a brush on their line will be the "Flatter Yourself Contouring Brush Set". I wants it bad! :smileyhappy:

The foundations, are just "meh" for me. I can't seem to find a foundation of theirs that just wows me that I can see myself wearing a lot. I do have the powder, and I like that. I also use their Anti-Shine foundation primer and that really does work well for me. I stay oil free and it gives me a semi-matte look.

Overall, I think they have a great line! For people who can't afford high-end, but still want the quality, look, and feel of high-end makeup, Sephora achieves just that! The prices are great, so they are accessible to just about anyone's budget and you get great quality. The variety is endless and they offer many choices.  And, if by chance, you don't like it, Sephora has a the best return policy of any place I know.

I got your back Sephora, don't worry. :smileywink: hehe :smileyvery-happy:

mberteig

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes, lots of love here!  I like their eye shadows, both in palettes and individual ones.  The Sephora and Pantone collaboration items are also really nice.

I also like their foundation, the microsmooth powder foundation is one of my HG products.  I use it alone as a powder foundation or as a setting powder over a liquid foundation.

I also really like the new jumbo eyeliners, they last!  They can be used as eyeshadow or liner and work great for either.

I also really like their lipsticks and highlighters, as well as the pro line of brushes.  The airbrush pro #56 is my HG brush for applying foundation.  

I am very tempted by the Color Anthology palette - I want it but I really don't need it, sigh!

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

I grabbed a bunch of their metallic finish glosses from the sale section, For $5, they are a great deal.  Pretty foil finish, great opacity, no funky smell (sorry NARS).  

The folding metal lash comb is also nice.

bfuller

(0) Hearts

I wasn't impressed with their nano liners (lip or eye) either.

But their shadow, blush and lip color selections... MEGA variety!  And the shadows are pretty decent in color payoff.  Lip gloss was so-so.

I have to say their professional brushes are high end quality in application and softness.

You've made me curious to check out their jumbo liners!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I do like the professional brushes, and the "airbrush" line of brushes.  I also use a nude liner from Sephora brand because options in that color were so limited (esp in matte). 

Happy with these items from Sephora!

btmod2

Hi chupi,

I love the Sephora Collection brushes! They are amazing quality, very soft and seem to last a really long time. My other favorite product from Sephora Collection are the Glossy Lip Pencils! They are hydrating and come in some beautiful colors! I also love the packaging and how easy they are to apply. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

DitzCore

(0) Hearts

I'm actually a huge fan of the white nano liner. :smileyvery-happy:

Otherwise I LOVE the eyeshadows. They have the bright, fun colours and great pigmentation for a budget (vs Sugarpill, SauceBox, etc).

srikandi

I'm in love with their cream lip stain! They last so long. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

I will check those out!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

yeah i always buy the brushes, and i have their smokey eye pallete and rouge shine lipsticks.

HelloCoffee

Yes, the Jumbo eye pencils are awesome! They look so dewy on the entire eyelid in the summer, love it!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I really love all the Sephora brushes, they last a long time with hardly any shedding.  I am in love with their liquid liner even though they discountinued my favorite one because they released a 24HR wear instead of 12hr.  I like the new one but I am still heartbroken that they thought they needed to change it.  The Sephora Anti-Shine primer is great too!  Sephora+Pantone also make amazing little brush sets.  I am not really a fan of their eye shadows.  I just don't feel like they have the same staying power as other brands.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

Some of my favorite lipsticks ever are from the Sephora collection! I adore the cream lip stains (awesome pigmentation and lasting power) and the color lip last lipsticks (love the lightweight matte texture).

I'm thinking I may have to try some of the jumbo pencils.

I wish some of the eyeshadows were a teensy bit more pigmented though!

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

The brushes are good, Oh and I have a couple of those single chromo eyeshadows that are wonderful.  

michmo

I just recently got an airbrush blush brush that I really love from the Sephora line.  

I agree that the jumbo eyepencils are really great.  They compare to brand names that are double the price.  

Overall, I feel like they have some really good products that get overlooked.  

HelloCoffee

The airbrush concealer brush is wonderful.....it really helps my under eyes look more blended and not so cakey

michmo

I have that one too and totally agree.  

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

yea, it's one of those things you don't think to get....when a SA showed me, I was like, where have you been all my life!

And I agree, the Sephora line is totally overlooked

bombshell30

I like the brushes and am LOVING the new matte luster shadows!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • chupi
    • bombshell30
    • ladymeag