chupi

Love for the Sephora Collection

Anyone else buy Sephora's make-up and/or brushes?

I just bought the Color Anthology because it was only $20.

I really like their Jumbo Eyeliners and Color Lip Last.

Not a fan of the nano liners, though. 

michmo

Re: Love for the Sephora Collection

(0) Hearts

Those look so interesting to me.  Maybe I'll have to pick one up now that I hear they are good.  

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Love the brushes and the eyeliners (liquid and pencil).  

I like the nano lip liners a lot.....(the nano eyeliners are a little dry compared to the other full-size pencils).

I really like the eyeshadows, too 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I love their waterproof 12 hr liner, I find the nano one kind of dry. I also love their airbrush foundation and hour foundation. 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I like Sephora Collection products when I'm unhappy with all of the options in the mid-to-high range options that are far more expensive. If it's only going to be kinda-sorta, Sephora Collection is going to be more satisfactory than paying mid-to-high range prices for something with a glaring flaw. To that end, I use the Sephora Collection Perfecting Primer and Waterproof Makeup Remover. I used the nano liners until Kat Von D started making the minis - the nano liners go bad crazy-fast in my possession for some reason (I mean, they smell like rancid crayons inside two months but at $5 each, I don't care that much.)  I use their potted eyeliners because I scrape off the top layer frequently and don't want to spend a ton on something I'm going to throw away a fair bit of. 

SDdenm

(0) Hearts

I have been using the primer for about 2 weeks and so far I like it!

ireneh

LOVE the sephora brushes! theyre awesome and durable :smileyhappy:

mityren

(0) Hearts

I love the nano liners! I do tend to lose them alot though. I really like the jumbo pencils to but I find the lids to mine come off easy so I don't carry them with me. Or maybe I just have a rambunctious life and they can't hang. X) 

butterblume

(0) Hearts

What do you use to sharpen your nano liners? I've picked up a few but the small sharpeners always seem to be out of stock and I am growing desperate!

HelloCoffee

Honestly, I only use the small Sephora ones because I've broken several of my nano lip liners on other sharpeners.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

That's what I thought! COME BACK IN STOCK, TINY SEPHORA SHARPENERS! i neeeeeed you

cpeezy

Sephora brushes rock! I've been using their pro foundation brush I got maybe 3 years ago, off and on since the. Can't find a better one!

doriangray

(0) Hearts

I love their Waterproof 12 hr Eye Pencils.  I think they're as smooth and lasting as UD, more in some cases.  

I use a lot of the brushes, not the standard line, but the Pro ones.  I bought a big set of the duo fiber brushes and they are superb.  

A liquid concealer I bought on sale for $5 is my #1 favorite.  It's discontinued now and I hope the new one is just like it.  

I don't like the lipsticks and glosses I've tried but I bought a clear lip liner that I do like.  

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

I have formula x (beta to sephora x) nail polishes and brushes..the antibacterial ones keep their softness. Also have bought the sun kit and favorites sets - good way to try an array of products.

MK89

(0) Hearts

I got the Holiday Light Show Brush Set- it's gorgeous and works great too! The brushes are sooo soft

ljp93

I just ordered the Color Anthology! I haven't received it yet, but I'm soo excited to play around with it! And I love their brushes! Their pro crease brush #10 is absolutely amazing! :smileyhappy:

chupi

I am looking for a good shadow brush! Thanks!

Alygal90

I like Sephora's nail polishes - OPI and the Formula X. I also like their retractable eyeliners.

I think it's an affordable way to really play around with make-up that is a step-up from drugstore lines.

mityren

(0) Hearts

Ooh I forgot about the nail polishes! I love OPI and I just got 3 set of the formula x which all 3 shady totally exceed my expectations.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I liked their polishes too!

And I've had good luck with their brushes, I am in love with #59 for bronzers and blushes. I've had some good lipsticks from them too.

Their eyeshadows and mascaras have been low quality things in my experience.

Alygal90

Yeah, I've always thought their eyeshadows we kind of, meh... I'd rather invest in a nice palette that will last me forever. Their mascara did nothing for me and dried out really quickly.

spacesuit

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have a couple of their regular pencil liners that I'm pleased with: a taupe (5th avenue) that I wear all the time and a bright yellow one a friend bought me. I also have a travel brush set I bought on sale last spring that I like. I would avoid their liquid liners though, they're the dip kind and tend to get too much liner on the felt tip which can get messy (though it looks like they're discontinuing the old applicators?)

When you get the Color Anthology could you share what you think of the quality and pigmentation? I was curious about that one too, one of my friends raves about the big blockbuster sets and I was considering this one because it's only eyeshadow and thus won't have any lipgloss pots to get gunked up with the excess powder.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • chupi
    • bombshell30
    • ladymeag