Jennifffur

Lost...

At this point, I dont know what direction I should be heading.

I had purchased the Smashbox primer, foundation, and powder. It looked great, but as time passed, I got oily and it seemed as if I was wearing no make up. So I was advised to use Make up Forever Mat Velvet since I love the Mat look with the powder and Laura Mercier primer... It comes off within 2 hrs and makes me look super shiny and orange. I have an oily t-zone. Im looking for something that leaves me with a mat look, medium to complete coverage with an all day wear that helps control my oily t-zone...

Please help.

beautylovingirl

Re: Lost...

(0) Hearts

@Jennifffur- Yes the powder foundation stays on all day and I don't touch up, I also use the Bare Minerals prime time underneath and it make my skin like satin. Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You should be looking at a Powder foundation. A great one is the new MUFE pro-finish multi use foundation. I also love the MAC studiofix powder foundation. It's the best I've ever used. Hope this helps!

Jennifffur

Does the powder foundation stay on all day?

jessica223344

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't have oily skin.  I have combo. and use Nars tinted moisturizer or Smashbox BB Cream.  I'm loving the Nars tinted moisturizer.  I use Nars light reflecting setting powder in the compact with mirror.  I love it.  It sets it and looks beautiful.  By using a settting powder you can absorb oils on your face overall.  Additionally, if you spread a little above the eye (where eye lashes hit... or mine do) and you will avoid any mascara from moving to your lid.

One last thought for you.  If you try a new face wash like Origins frothy face wash...you might also notice a decrease in oil.  I hope this helps.  Good Luck!

Jennifffur

(0) Hearts

I definetly have to look into a great face wash. Thanks.

Im looking for something with a little more coverage than a BB cream, like a foundation.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

My t-zone and beyond gets oily by lunch every day, and I think 3 things have changed it for me: 1) Murad's Time Release Cleanser and Age-Fighting Mtzr by day to keep the oil control down while stilly hydrating the skin with water, 2) Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation does NOT oxidize and turn bronze/orange even after 12 hours and keeps a great nearly-matte finish with buildable med-full coverage, and 3) Tarte's Finishing Powder that sets the foundation and then soaks up all the oil all day long.  Now, I only ever use blotting papers after that 12 hours and when I am going out at night after a day at work and want to refresh my flawless look.  Then, I just blot and reapply the powder.  Really happy now!

Jennifffur

(0) Hearts

I have heard many great things about Murad's line and I just have to try it now. Thank you!

helpful

(0) Hearts

I have an oily t-zone and use the following:
-Givenchy Mister Mat Primer
-Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
-Bare Minerals Mineral Veil or Tarte Smooth Operator Setting Powder
-Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray

I struggled with my oil for a long time and have finally found that the above combination leaves me oil free all day, I don't even have to blot or touch up anymore. I especially love the foundation, I've never gotten so many compliments on my skin!

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Jennifffur

Thanks fr replying. It helps a lot.

Quick question, do you use both the setting powder and the spray or is it either or?

helpful

(0) Hearts

You're welcome!! I use both- once my face is completely finished I use the spray- it helps set everything including eye makeup and keeps everything shine free. As far as the powder goes, you don't have to use much, just a very light dusting.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • jessica223344
    • beautylovingirl
    • helpful
    • Jennifffur