fluffymuha

Looking to buy my first Guerlain Meteorites! Help! :)

So I finally decided to splurge on some Meteorites. I got a sample of the Clair 02 balls with the promotion a month or so ago, and I've since realized that I need these balls in my life :smileytongue:

However, I have no clue which ones I should actually get. I'm not fair-skinned, I'm closer to a medium (I use Nars concealer in Custard). The Clair 02 have worked pretty nicely, but I usually tend to go towards warmer pinker hues. 

I've been looking at the Medium 03 & the Perles du Paradise. I've noticed that the Perles are bigger in size, and seem to be more glowy, which is what I want.

What would you guys recommend from experience? :smileyhappy:

chocopudding

Re: Looking to buy my first Guerlain Meteorites! Help! :)

fluffymuha, since you already have the Clair 02, why not get the Perles du Paradise? :smileyhappy: I suspect the Medium 03 and Clair 02 aren't really that different once you put it on. AND the Perles du Paradise has such nice packaging! =)

fluffymuha

I'm probably going to end up getting both, but I'll start with the perles :smileyvery-happy: 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

What do you guys think of the "old" 2013 perles and the new 2014 perles? I saw some reviewers say they liked the 2013 ones better. 

annypoo

I have the old formula ones and it seems like the new ones have a bit more shimmer to them. It's not like chunks of glitter or anything, but def more noticeable shimmer than the old ones. Also the old ones had 1.05 oz while the new ones have less.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Hmmm the first thing could be good or bad I guess. The second part is a little annoying, I also hear the price went up.

chocopudding

I don't have the old ones, but I can definitely say that the new ones are very powdery! In fact, the first time I removed the puff, this VERY visible "poof" of powder came wafting through the air. Even when I was using the brush to pick up the powder, you can see a little cloud of powder around the container.

I don't know if that's a plus or not...some people said that the old perles were too hard, so their brushes didn't pick up enough product, some say that it's TOO powdery. I'm using the meteorite brush designed for the new perles, and they're working fine for me so far.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I heard that there was less and then you use more which annoyed people. 

chocopudding

You're welcome. I guess you would use more if they were softer...but realistically, I think they would still last a long time! Don't people say that a container of Meteorites have lasted them for years? :smileyvery-happy:

meagboho

Haha yes! I guess I'll just choose based on packaging...

chocopudding

Haha, that's what I did...I figured the new box is so pretty and sturdy that it'll make a nice jewelry box or something IF I ever finish a box.

Let us know what you get in the end! =)

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I have to wait a week though, since I just spent a lot at Sephora and on that vanity this week! 

Chickibum

I use custard as well and have been trying to figure which meteorites to get. Can't decide! :smileysad:

heartsmyface

the puff is just there to stop the balls from moving around I think, unless you're not storing it with them.  I wouldn't want to use it and put it back on my makeup without washing it. 

ChicDabbler

I think the medium is warmer while paradise is pinker. Paradise is also slightly more shimmery than the regular meteorites.

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Hehe, that's what Guerlain states, but I kind of wonder if there's any major difference between the shades once you apply it, aside from the level of shimmeryness (<--is that a word?)

ChicDabbler

I just did a gigantic Guerlain Meteorites post on my blog* where I compared the different ones I have. There is a slight difference in tint between different shade I would expect, but not drastic enough that anyone can't use all 3 shades. There isn't really a color difference for teint rose vs. Clair, I looked at it pearl by pearl, while I heard that the two darker shades are actually darker and gives it more range for the new ones.

*it's ChicDabbling, the latest post.

chocopudding

Sweet! *scurries off to check out blog* :smileywink:

kalex

I think you'd be happy with either one!  The Perles du Paradise are Limited Edition so you may want to grab it now and think about it later.  :smileyhappy:  The only thing I didn't like about Perles du Paradise is that they used their old, cheapy cardboard packaging.

annypoo

But it does come with a nice puff instead of the makeup sponge-like puffs the regular ones come with :smileywink:

fluffymuha

The puff is making me lean towards the perles :smileyvery-happy: It's too cute to pass up!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex
    • ChicDabbler
    • annypoo
    • chocopudding
    • heartsmyface
    • redwagon44