Answer
adureeuh
Looking for a great makeup kit as a present?

Hi! I'm looking for a really great makeup kit for my sister that will be a present. She has trouble finding good bulletproof makeup because she has oily skin and doesn't really ventue into many brands (right now she uses mainly clinique along with drugstore brands). Does anyone know of a great makeup kit I could get her that will be bulletproof and easy to use? I would really like to introduce her into primers for her face and eyelids, so I would love the kit to have them in there. She needs makeup that really stays there until she decides to take it off. She works full time and is a busy mother so she doesn't have time for touchups or checking her makeup. Thank you for the help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
lylysa
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try this kit!

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-the-bride-P290637?skuId=1332725

Though it's got "bride" in the title, it has a good variety of products to try and though make up kits are normally geared and targeted to skin types right off the bat, the kit has a primer for the face (Benefit Porefessional) that is dimethicone based so the silky texture forms a barrier on her skin to prevent oil from wearing through make up and it can even be tapped on oily spots throughout the day to absorb oil/control shine rather than caking on powder. It also has blotting papers (Boscia), a basic eye primer (Bare Minerals, it's not my fave, but it'll give her a chance to play with eye primers if she never has, as well as soft and subtle make up colors like Josie Maran's color stick (for cheeks and lips), a Buxom lip pencil, a waterproof black eye liner, and Stila eye shadow (Kitten is their signature shade and a flattering nude shimmer she can just sweep on for on the go).

It's a pretty good steal and a good way for basic start offs, plus she can bring the voucher in for a make over at Sephora to try new products too!

There's also this kit from Benefit:

http://www.sephora.com/sexy-little-stowaways-P375794?skuId=1457548

There's 2 face primer options (one brightens the other is the Porefessional, mentioned in the previous kit), eye primer (this one has a matte, nude tint), eye cream (help perk up tired eyes, face highlighter, cheek and lip tints (long lasting), and more. That one would be good if she wanted to stick to one line.

iheartsephora09
Answered
(0) Hearts
What a great time for this question with so many great Value Sets Out. One I tried that is for Lips only is Bite's Line and Defined. Coupled with Bite's primer/liner and a little dusting of powder over the top, stay all day lip color. One I want to try and based on the reviews, it may fit your sister to a tee, Tarte's The Luxe List Amazonian Clay Color Collection with Clutch. It includes 8 products for a full face look. I would also recommend Urban Decay's De Slick. My sister has oily skin and lives in Las Vegas. She swears by it to set her make-up. Best of luck and I'm sure your sister will be happy and look beautiful no matter what you decide!
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • iheartsephora09
    • lylysa
    • adureeuh