aran01

Looking for a concelar for undereye area that is not cakey.

Looking for a concelar for undereye area that is not cakey. My undereye area is dry and I have fine lines. I have tried many concelars with no luck. I moisturize and prime but the area always gets cakey and never smooth. I have very light skin.

poemelyric

Re: Looking for a concelar for undereye area that is not cakey.

(0) Hearts

I went through the same thing with my concealer.  I bought MUFE's concealer but it looked too masky but MUFE is meant for more dramatic wear.  I have since moved to Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.  I think it works wonders and it moisturizes my skin.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

After trying several high end brands and having the same problem, I found a drug store brand that really works for me "Max Factor Master Touch - under-eye concealer" It goes on super shear and they also have it in more shades (for example: I have really white skit, but with green, not pink undertones, and so most concealers look orange on me, but I found one to match my color really well) 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I too tried a bunch of high end concealers and didnt find what I was looking for.  But I do like It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye- only use the tiniest pin pick of an amount.

I also really like Garnier anti-dark-circle roller ball in sheer tint and maybelline dream lumi touch highlighting concealer in radiant. 

I tried samples of about 10-12 concealers and the concealers above are the ones I found worked best for me.

Also, I know a lot of people say that you really need to "set" your under eye concealer with powder... I have tried many powders to set and they have always made my under eye area look horrid (cakey, accentuates any line, etc).   

What works for me is to just use the least amount of concealer to do the job and no setting powder. Touch up once mid-day.

blucoke

(0) Hearts

Try Cargo's OneBase concealer (http://www.cargocosmetics.com/products/face/onebase).

I don't wear makeup every day & like a more natural look when I do put on makeup for important/formal occasions & whenever photo taking is needed.  A Sephora sales recommended Cargo's OneBase when I asked for help looking for more liquid-y or not as creamy concealer and I have been using it for 4 years now.  This product is Cargo's bestseller  & here's a little more info about it from its product description:  OneBase provides natural-looking coverage in key facial areas and formulated to blend out invisibly with your natural skin tone. Fragrance-free and packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients.

I too have lots fine lines all around my eyes & this is how I prep my face before makeup:

1. Wash face.

2. Put on a very thick hydrating face mask for 15+ minutes (I use Asian brands that has thicker gel like face mask) - this step will plump up your face A LOT.

3. Apply primer... find the kinds that features ingredients that can fill-in pores/fine lines (to name a few popular ones i.e. Smashbox, Benefit, Too Faced..etc).

4. Then apply concealer & the rest of your makeup routine.

Hope this works for you too!

janinebt

Hi aran01,

The new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is the complete opposite of cakey. It's extremely hydrating and smooth.

swfupload_384981456425989938.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
LizzieWilde

My favorite concealer is Mac Prolongwear because a little goes a very long way and i don't find it drying or that it settles on lines, might be worth a shot. 

starletta8

I've personally found success with this combo: Shiseido Beneficiance Eye Contour Cream + Benefit Boi-ing Concealer. 

That said, many people swear by the new Benefit Fake-Up- it's got concealer wrapped in moisturizer.

beautylovingirl

Some great suggestions for concelaers for your under eye area would be:

1. Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflauge.

2. YSL Anti-Cernes Multi-Action Concealer.

3. Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightner.

Hope this helps!

lylysa

Try a super smooth liquid like Amazing Cosmetics or Smashbox. Both offer fair/light color options and aren't heavy.

The Amazing Cosmetics concealer does offer fuller coverage than the Smashbox one, but both work well!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • poemelyric
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl