Looking for a Good Duo Fibre Blush Brush

(0) Hearts

I have a number of blush brushes but my old duo fibre brush is on its last legs and I'd like to find another. This one was from a set and a no name brand - not great quality but I do love the effect of the duo fibre. I've read a lot about the Mac brushes and I'm OK with paying a little more if the brush is good quality. I just can't stand brushes that shed!

Anyone have a favorite duo fibre blush brush? Thanks!

Re: Looking for a Good Duo Fibre Blush Brush

MAC 159

I love the Real Techniques duo fibre brushes! I don't think they sell them individually but they have a set of 3 for sale at Ulta. They're great quality, super soft, and they aren't ridiculously expensive. Hope you find a brush you like! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Thanks. Going to look now!

I love Laura Mercier's Fan Brush that you use for apply powder or blush I've had it about 2 years and never had any problem with it shedding. Hope this helps!

Shedding can happen naturally over time as a part of wear-and-tear; however, a good quality synthetic brush can be a tad more sturdy as the bristles don't dry out like natural hair and snap.

I love the brushes from Too Faced (Retractable Kabuki, Retractable Stippling/Bronzing, powder brush, eye brushes, and even ones that come in their kits). The bristles are super soft and I've had my kabuki from them for over 6 years and maybe have seen it lose 4 hairs. It's a super versatile brush too, use it for powders (setting and foundations), liquid foundations (buff onto skin for a soft diffused look), retract it up to a nub and use it as a more dense concealing brush to cover larger areas, or flatten it and use the sides for bronzer or blush.

I've read a lot about the famous Teddy Bear Hair! I will have to check them out at Sephora. Do they work like a duo fibre brush? I want something that will be good for lightly applying blush.  I have some brighter/bolder blushes that need a light hand.

If you want something that applies a fine amount, try a fan brush or the TF Stippling/Bronzing brush which has varied bristles to pick up just light amount of product, perfect for brighter or bolder blushes! 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation