joeanne

Looking for a Good Duo Fibre Blush Brush

(0) Hearts

I have a number of blush brushes but my old duo fibre brush is on its last legs and I'd like to find another. This one was from a set and a no name brand - not great quality but I do love the effect of the duo fibre. I've read a lot about the Mac brushes and I'm OK with paying a little more if the brush is good quality. I just can't stand brushes that shed!

Anyone have a favorite duo fibre blush brush? Thanks!

BlushHoarder

Re: Looking for a Good Duo Fibre Blush Brush

MAC 159

halloweenbaby36

I love the Real Techniques duo fibre brushes! I don't think they sell them individually but they have a set of 3 for sale at Ulta. They're great quality, super soft, and they aren't ridiculously expensive. Hope you find a brush you like! :smileyhappy:

joeanne

(0) Hearts

Thanks. Going to look now!

beautylovingirl

I love Laura Mercier's Fan Brush that you use for apply powder or blush I've had it about 2 years and never had any problem with it shedding. Hope this helps!

lylysa

Shedding can happen naturally over time as a part of wear-and-tear; however, a good quality synthetic brush can be a tad more sturdy as the bristles don't dry out like natural hair and snap.

I love the brushes from Too Faced (Retractable Kabuki, Retractable Stippling/Bronzing, powder brush, eye brushes, and even ones that come in their kits). The bristles are super soft and I've had my kabuki from them for over 6 years and maybe have seen it lose 4 hairs. It's a super versatile brush too, use it for powders (setting and foundations), liquid foundations (buff onto skin for a soft diffused look), retract it up to a nub and use it as a more dense concealing brush to cover larger areas, or flatten it and use the sides for bronzer or blush.

joeanne

I've read a lot about the famous Teddy Bear Hair! I will have to check them out at Sephora. Do they work like a duo fibre brush? I want something that will be good for lightly applying blush.  I have some brighter/bolder blushes that need a light hand.

lylysa

If you want something that applies a fine amount, try a fan brush or the TF Stippling/Bronzing brush which has varied bristles to pick up just light amount of product, perfect for brighter or bolder blushes! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • halloweenbaby36
    • lylysa
    • joeanne
    • beautylovingirl
    • BlushHoarder