Long wear and good coverage!

I'm looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that will last all day, wont melt off my face, controls oil(this isn't too important but would be a bonus), and doesn't look too cakey on my skin. Please help me find this! thank you ladies!

You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4

Definitely check out Kat Von D's Lock it foundation if you can. It offers full coverage and a soft matte finish, and it is incredibly long wearing. The key to avoiding cakiness is to apply on small areas of you face at a time, because it sets quickly, and a buffing brush or dampened beauty blender are some of the better tools to apply it with. 

Lancome's Teint Idole is very good, and a my next favorite full coverage foundation after KVD. Although I find it transfers much more easily. But it does have medium-full coverage and a matte finish, it is long wearing (aside from any transfer)

I was also looking for all the same things in a product and ended up falling in love with BB creams... the only one on Sephora that I would recommend to anyone personally is the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen... it's the closest product to actual BB cream of all the samples I have tested from Sephora. I would say this is a buildable medium coverage, but what's awesome about it is the matte satin finish that dries like a powder... not cakey and great oil control. I use this daily as a primer base for another BB cream but I am a bit older (39) so I need extra coverage, but if you have fairly nice skin this might be the only product you would need... good luck, hope you find the perfect product Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Try out Estee Lauder Doudle Wear Foundation.  This does everything you described you wanted!  This is my HG foundation, and it really is gorgeous.  Go get a sample!

(0) Hearts

Liquid formula: Lancome's teinte Idole.  Powder formula: Lancome's Dual Finish.  (Am not a die-hard Lancôme fan, but it looks that way, doesn't it?)

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation