lillyjumper

Long Lasting Makeup

(0) Hearts
So for those of you have been paying attention to all my recent threads, I am going to a competition soon, and have figured out my skincare... Now onto makeup!! I would love some long-wear makeup suggestions! Need recommendations for eye shadow, blush, pencil eyeliner, concealer, lippies, and possibly powder would be awesome! Even if you can not name things for every category, any suggestions would be awesome! The area is going to be dry, so oily skin will not be a major problem, just long, hot, dry days filled with lots of running around!
tracygirl64

Re: Long Lasting Makeup

I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush! You might want to consider giving them a try! :smileyhappy:

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I do love those, and I also have one of their old cheek stains, which works well!!!

comfyrock

Whenever I try liquid liners, they end up in my eye and it burns!  This is due to my lack of skill in application.  Hands as steady as Billy the Kid in Blazing Saddles :smileyhappy:

I've not tried gel liners so cannot compare but I love UD 24/7 eye pencils.  Have the Black Market set and Perversion as a single.  No raccoon eyes so far.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have wanted to try those, but have forgotten to put them on my loves list! thanks for the idea!

comfyrock

Whichever individual products you end up choosing, I recommend UD's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray as a finisher.  Keeps my makeup from melting off my face over a long day and in warm environments.  Love it!

BaByKiTTy214

I second this! I love UD allnighter setting spray!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I do have an Urban Decay setting spray that I love, so I will take that with me!

Melpri

Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is amazing. I know it's not a pencil eyeliner but I think it's so great and you should give it a try. I cannot go a day without it. I've always had problems with eyeliners not staying and smudging and coming onto my upper eyelid but this eyeliner does not budge. It's so easy to put on and it lasts the whole day. 

BaByKiTTy214

(0) Hearts

I prefer this liner too compared to other liners I've tried.

missey1973

Bobbi Brown makes gel liners and cream shadows that last like no other I have ever used.

meow123

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliner lasts all day for me with no smudging.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I forgot about Aqua Eyes!! Good idea to look into!

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

In the same line you should look at the aqua shadow sticks. They never move on me! I recommend the taupe shade

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I haven't heard much about the Shadow Sticks! Will have to look at them as well!!!

mychoi

hi lilyjumper!

have you ever tried tarte's smoldereyes eyeliners? I just started using them (with toofaced shadow insurance under) and I just pat on some tarte setting powder on top of the eyeliner and it does not budge for over 12 hrs :smileyhappy: also, i love that they're super creamy, both the skinny and fat liners!

as for lips, UD's revolution lipsticks are always failproof for me.  just use that one trick where you line, apply, blot, pat on setting powder, apply again, and blot again :smileyhappy:

BaByKiTTy214

(0) Hearts

I use that same trick and it works all the time :smileyhappy:

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I will have to try it this week! Thank you for that amazing trick!

lillyjumper

haven't heard that lip trick!! What a good idea!! 

As for eyeliner, I have tried the pot liners, but not the smolder eyes! I will have to look into them!!! Thank you for your help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • meow123
    • tracygirl64
    • lillyjumper
    • BaByKiTTy214
    • mpolansky
    • mychoi