JayReed

Live Feed from VIB Rouge Event 03/30/14

Hi Ladies, 

I thought it may be good idea to hear from other fellow Rouges across the country and let us know what is going on at your event and what goodies you get, if any?! I would love to hear any of the following! 

• Where is your store located?
  • What Reps visited your store? 
  • What kind of food was there? lol
  • Did you get any exclusive goodies besides the free makeup bag?
  • What was in your haul?! (What you went in for, but really left with?) Please post pics!! :smileyhappy:

Please no Drama! Happy Shopping! 

Kclr16

Re: Live Feed from VIB Rouge Event 03/30/14

(0) Hearts

Yes we do. But I'm saying that if they can offer a deluxe sample bag for VIB's without an event, you would think that they could offer something similar at a VIB Rouge only event...not something of inferior quality. 

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

someone posted this in another thread and said rouges should be able to use it once a year too- V436CB

Kclr16

(0) Hearts

That is a 10% off code that we get to use once a year right? I wouldn't use it now as we all have access to the 15% off sale going on for another week. 

saridyn

Where is your store located? Santa Anita, CA
What Reps visited your store? Fresh, Tarte, Lara Mercier, Benefit, Dry Bar, etc.
What kind of food was there? Water, Starbucks coffee, Scones, Croissants and some sort of pastry.
Did you get any exclusive goodies besides the free makeup bag? No. I got the standard goodie bag and only foil samples by request. Didn't see any of the brand reps passing out any freebies or any GWP. Disappointing since this being my 1st event I was expecting so much more..

What was in your haul?! (What you went in for, but really left with?) Please post pics!! Urban Decay concealer, DryBar 3-day blender, Hand & Glory Hand Cream, Hourglass Ambient Powder + Brush, Anastasia Wiz Brow, Clinique Moisture Surge, Tarte BB SPF30, MUFE HD Powder, etc. lol I've been waiting for this.. can you tell?

charpic

(0) Hearts

girl you were at Santa Anita?  So was I!

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Lol i felt the same way!! I wanted the Anatasia Brow Wiz and a couple other things from them, but both stores I went to were sold out in my color!! 

cmcalcag

Columbiana Mall in Columbia, SC.

This is the closest mall w/ an actual Sephora not a SiJCP.  There are only 2 actual freestanding Sephoras in SC and the other is another hr away from Columbia.  

Got there a bit before 9am and saw the Tarte rep arrive.  I had actually called the day before to see if they knew what reps would be there...they told me they couldnt confirm or deny but that there should be one rep for hair, one rep for color, and one rep for skincare....nope only Tarte.  She did have samples in a little bowl but she wasn't advertising these, we just grabbed some.  Deluxe size of tarte primers, mascaras, and a lip pencil.  

Food wise there was coffee from Panera, water bottles, scones,and muffins.

Took my mom to the event w/ me and we decided we would make a lap around the store scoping everything out first and then go from there.  Since we were one of the first in the door they SA asked if we needed any help. Not needed at the time but when we did need help later one everyone was always busy.  Though one of the guys was super helpful and helped us get multiple samples made up and helped me in finding a MUFE foundation shade that seemed to appear out of stock in my color.  Super helpful!

At checkout they already had the biggest sephora bags they offered filled with the free bag from the 20% off sale in Nov. but the SA did automatically get my free cosmetic bag and even though I didnt get anything the the color of the year line I got the radiant orchid makeup bag thrown in too.  Also got the pathetic sample bag (honestly better samples online).  Spent a good $275 after the discount and made an online order as well.

All in all I had fun because I like shopping in Sephora regardless of the extra stuff. Though after reading about all the reps and extra goodies and gifts with purchases that other Rouges got, it sucks that this wasnt a standard across the board thing.  I drove 2 hrs to this location, and in a way its almost like why should I not get the same special treatment just because I dont live in a huge city or have a bigger sephora near by.  Yes I know they dont have to give us anything free but its nice if they do right.

Haulage:

MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation

Josie Maran Bare Naked Nail Wipes

Caudalie Beauty Elixir (both sizes)

Beauty Spatula

Tarte Bright By Night Skincare Discovery Set

3 Sephora Eyeshadows for my mom (came w/ a free palette)

Origins MegaBright Skin Illuminating Moisturizer

Sephora Cleansing Wipes to Go

FAB facial radiance pads

Philosophy Falling in Love Mini Fragrance

Living Proof PHD Shampoo

Origins Acne Treatment Gel

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo & Hairspray

Tarte Energy Lip Set (lip mini & cheek mini)

Divergent Collecters Palette (the smaller one)

Geminichilde

I went to the Village Arcade location in Houston, TX, there were reps from Bumble & Bumble and I believe Dior   (maybe just a Sephora SA in a suit?) There was Starbucks, mini VIB Rouge bottle waters and scones and breakfast rolls.

No exclusives just the advertised make up bag, my plus-one also received a bag minus the foil samples with her purchase. My store did include a little thank you card with my name on it, which was nice.  

Not much of a haul really, I brought replacement brush heads for my Clarisonic, UD Deslick spray and UD Naked lipgloss in Freestyle.

I left after about 30min of browsing, honestly if I could have done it all over again I just would have stayed home and slept and made my order online in my pjs. It's not that the event wasn't nice, I liked shopping without it being packed and there was plenty of attentive staff but nothing made it feel so special to where I just had to be there.

sjpayne

"honestly if I could have done it all over again I just would have stayed home and slept and made my order online in my pjs. It's not that the event wasn't nice, I liked shopping without it being packed and there was plenty of attentive staff but nothing made it feel so special to where I just had to be there."

My thoughts exactly,

AznAngelLiz

Wow, so many different stories depending on the store. Fortunately mine went smoothly.

My best friend and I got there 15 minutes before 9, there was only 1 person in line and you can see through the doors that the staff and brand reps were having a meeting (they were cheering and clapping). At 9, there were a few more people in line; they started checking us in (giving us name tags and shopping baskets). food and drinks were pretty much the same as everyone else's.

My store had Boscia, Fresh, Shiseido, Perricone MD, Givenchy, Bite, Alterna, and another one I forgot. The reps were super nice, giving deluxe samples to me and my guest without purchases. We went around the store and I was telling her about pretty much everything in the store (she's not a makeup addict like I am!).

As we were walking around, the store manager saw me and said "Hey, I see you here all the time! Glad you could make it out!" This had me blushing because even my best friend doesn't know how much time I spend at Sephora! Then the store manager introduced us to the District Manager. We chatted for a while about how the event is going so far, talked about the,color of the year, and even talked about other department stores' events (Nordstrom's Trend Show). We pretty much stayed for the whole 2 hours and left when we got hungry! 

Anywho, I ended up purchasing Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Boscia Green Tea mask, Nars powder foundation, Clarisonic brush head replacement, Givenchy lip/cheek balm, Bite lip pencil, YSL volupte shine, and a Marc Jacobs blush. 

Freebies included deluxe sample for Bite lipstick (Fig), Givenchy lipstick (Rose Dressing), Boscia BB cream, Alterna shampoo/conditioner, and Fresh lip treatment (Berry). The Perricone rep kept on trying to get me and my friend to buy their products but we weren't interested. To be fair, she did have a GWP that would've been awesome if you were into the brand (half-sized moisturizer). 

When we checked out, they gave use the tote with the pouch inside, there was a ziplock bag with foil samples and they also had the Sephora Collection 500 point perk as a freebie! 

The only hiccup was that the girl who rang me up didn't scan my Rouge card, although I handed it to her, so my purchase didn't re-qualify me for Rouge. I was $134 away and spent over $250. We didn't notice this til after we left and so my best friend and I went to another Sephora closer to where we had lunch, I had to return/repurchase and this time I did re-qualify for Rouge. The SA at that store said that they hadn't gotten the Rouge nail polish in yet and I should come back in a week. Also, when I was returning/repurchasing, the girl felt so bad that I had to make an extra trip, she told me I could pick out a 100 point perk and she'd throw it in :smileyhappy:

Sorry for the super long post, but all in all it was a pretty good event. I will be going on a no-buy until June though :smileytongue:

image.jpg

biancardi

nice haul.  I wonder why the stores were SO different in what they gave out?  I mean, some of those things have nothing to do with sale reps...

sp2001

(0) Hearts

can i ask what store you went to?

AznAngelLiz

I went to Northpark in Dallas :smileyhappy:

sp2001

I spent about $300 today, and I'm debating whether that will be the last I spend here, unless it's a favorites set or something that isn't sold anywhere else. At least I'll still have BeautyTalk!

sephoralovex

I went to one in San Diego, CA. Otay Ranch specifically. I originally planned on Fashion Valley but that store is so compact compared the Otay one. I came a bit later and there was a SA at the door welcoming me. She continued to show me to the snack section. I'm not sure if I went too late or what, but I couldn't spot out any reps. At checkout the SA scanned my card but did not mention/apply the discount nor did she mention the bag. So I of course told her "oh i have a coupon" She waited for me to pull it up on my phone and then I guess she changed her mind and said "Oh I have one here, so it wont be a hassle for you to look for it" After packing everything up, I asked if they had anymore makeup bags left (when clearly I can see a bin full behind her. And she handed me one.

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

I considered this also, going to the Otay ranch store because the store is a lot more open but I went to Fashion Valley anyways because the Otay store doesn't have all the brands that the Fashion Valley store has.  I am now glad that I did. Thanks for sharing. Sorry the Otay one sucked. 

dbellissimo

(0) Hearts

I went...Thank you Alex for the makeover.Very Nice application...I spent around 280.I got a tote and mini makeup case and a clear sephora bag (ziploc type) with 4 packet samples...I didnt need to rush and reserve for getting 4 samples..not being grateful....just alittle realistic..when ya gotta spend $$$ alot

Towson,md store

sjpayne

I went to the Charlottesville, VA store.
They had a Stila rep, a Dior rep, and two Bumble and Bumble reps.
The food, man, that was disappointing.  Yeah, there was some Starbucks regular coffee, some orange juice and bottled water.  The food?  Just some scones.  Not a big scone eater.
I didn't get anything extra beyond the makeup bag and samples everyone got :smileysad:
I went in for ... Dior Addict Eau Fraiche, and eyelash curler, a B&B Cityswept for my mother in law, the Radiant Femme Artistry Set, and I wanted to at least check out the Electric palette.

photo.JPGThat is everything I got, save the Smashbox primer that I offered to my MIL when I gave her the Cityswept.

The B&B guys talked me into the Surf Spray, I had been casually eyeing Dior's blush for a while, and the Marc Jacobs nail polish was just amazing.

All in all, it felt more like a slightly overstaffed day as opposed to a big exclusive event.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

During my makeover with the Dior rep, she used the blush in the shade Happy Cherry on me, I loved the way it looked.  I am thinking I may purchase it online because I have yet to do an online purchase with the discount! :smileyhappy:

Marc Jacobs nail polish wears amazingly.  I love how shiny it is even without a topcoat.  I have it in Fluorescent Beige which is natural looking but interesting and unique because it has sort of a pink iridescence to it.

JayReed

Such a pretty haul! <3

sjpayne

Thanks!  When the SA showed me the MJ nail polish I said "Ohhhh I've been afraid to try Marc Jacobs.  Will this be the start of something new?"

After she put one coat on my thumb I said "Well sh*t."

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 379 replies
  • 633 hearts
  • 144 in conversation
    • kalex
    • meow123
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77