JayReed

Live Feed from VIB Rouge Event 03/30/14

Hi Ladies, 

I thought it may be good idea to hear from other fellow Rouges across the country and let us know what is going on at your event and what goodies you get, if any?! I would love to hear any of the following! 

• Where is your store located?
  • What Reps visited your store? 
  • What kind of food was there? lol
  • Did you get any exclusive goodies besides the free makeup bag?
  • What was in your haul?! (What you went in for, but really left with?) Please post pics!! :smileyhappy:

Please no Drama! Happy Shopping! 

mollybb

Re: Live Feed from VIB Rouge Event 03/30/14

(0) Hearts

I love pink in Paris! It's a perfect neutral color for me and the formula is fantastic.

Natalian

Nice samples, 

They gave you reusable bag, instead makeup bag

anyway, still good

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

They gave me the makeup bag, but they didn't give one to the non rouge guests, so I gave mine to her. :smileyhappy: 

krissynita

My Sephora stand-alone store is over an hour away (I usually shop online or at the SephoraJCP) so I didn't plan on attending but was definitely thinking about the event this morning! It's snowing and freezing rain here so better that I didn't RSVP. That being said, I was a little bummed not to be there! So, to make myself feel better :smileywink: I decided to rummage through my stash of samples, (forgot I had that Murad eye cream!) and indulge in a facial: Ole Henrikson's Blueberry Enzyme mask (love the lavender scent, so calming,) lather my feet in Soap & Glory's Righteous Butter, throw on my socks and slippers, and hit the couch to check out the event here...happy Sunday, beauties! <3

P.S. Jellybean germs... ew (I hate an all-hands on food offering!)  

Yuumei

I attended the event today in Crestview Hills, KY. My first thought... I was impressed by the radiant orchid smiles on all of the staff's faces! I wonder if it was a requirement for employees to wear the color of the year? It was really cute, and I thought it was a great way to show how the color will look on many different skin tones. Second thought... unfortunately, I was pretty much avoided the whole time I was shopping. It's not a huge deal since I didn't 'ask' for help, but it would have been nice to be approached since I have never shopped in an actual Sephora store and had no idea where to look for things I wanted. Each time I walked toward an associate, they wandered away in the opposite direction. I definitely felt avoided... but they smiled at least as they turned away... so I guess I should say I was politely avoided :smileyhappy:  Lastly, at checkout I actually hit Rouge again for 2015 but it was never mentioned in the slightest... no re-qualification gift, no extra samples, no congratulations... not even this little rouge water bottle I keep reading about LOL :smileyhappy:  I wasn't expecting balloons to float or confetti to pop but this being a ROUGE ONLY event I thought that maybe I would at least have felt appreciated in the moment and had been saving that final purchase. Oh well... I love the perfume I bought at least :smileywink:

cdiamond

MY store doesn't carry most of the products that I was interested in but I wanted to see what the event was all about. They had a raffle for trying out all the Tech stations which was nice. There was a rep from Clarisonic which was cool but I already have one. I left with 2 fragrance roller balls and one of the YSL glossy stains in the color of the year (the only YSL products my store had). I will place my purchase online for Ebates!

I saw the coffee and snacks in the back but no one was really reaching for them - I had already eaten. Overall it was a nice experience however my store is really small so rarely do I make large purchases there!

laura86

I am SO disappointed. I never ever post but felt obliged to. I went to the Roosevelt Field location. Anytime I go into Sephora, I am usually ignored to the point of frustration when I actually need assistance. Today, it was the complete opposite. I was bombarded with help, it was a bit much, but I'm not going to complain about people offering help. I wanted the new fragrance sampler (which is listed as being in stock in this store). I drove about 25 miles just to pick it up. I spoke with 5 different people, all who said they have never even seen this before, am I sure it's a Sephora product (I had pulled it up on the app to show them prior to them asking this), etc. Super convenient that it isn't on the floor or online during the 15% off sale! They would not check in the back for me either.

My husband grabbed us coffee and muffins while I shopped around. He said they only had chocolate chip, so not an assortment. I picked up a Smashbox BB cream and an Origins acne spot treatment. Almost everything else I wanted was out of stock, so I pretty much gave up looking. Absolutely no brand reps, and no additional samples other than the foil packets and the bag. SO not worth it! I was highly disappointed because about a year and a half ago, I went to this location for the Skin IQ "event" they were having, and I received this amazing makeupbag FILLED with HUUUGE samples of skincare products. 

I am even more angry now seeing how some of you managed to get that fragrance sampler AND received loads of samplers!!! :-(

hackneyfl

Lots of South FL Ladies I see reporting in ... Hello from Pembroke Pines! I didn't attend my event but did walk up there with my puppy and it seemed ok, the lady at door said they only had the one rep - benefit. We Florida ladies should do a lunch and have a make up swap. I was a part of one about 6 months ago from another beauty blog and it was wonderful!

feline5190

[ Edited ]

I went to the event at the Baton Rouge store.  There was coffee, donuts, water.  They also had stations throughout the store where you could get makeovers, facials, hair styling, etc.  

The free goodies I got: various samples including deluxe size Diorshow Iconic mascara and Clinique repairwear laser focus.  

IMG_1070.jpg

Things I purchased: 

IMG_1077.jpg

Really excited to try out the Hourglass Ambient stuff.  I don't wear blush because my skin is already reddish/ruddy, but after reading reviews I'm going to give the Hourglass blush a try.  Has anyone by any chance tried the Sephora Mirror Shine Top Coat?  I'm on a hunt for the perfect top coat.  I'm also excited to try the Fresh Seaberry oil, since I didn't intend on purchasing that, but after talking with one of the Sephora reps she convinced me it may be a good thing to try, especially since I have oily skin with acne scarring.  

Overall, I thought the event was well-organized and low-stress, which is ideal in my book.  So I was very pleased and happy :smileyhappy:

Natalian

they gave you a mirror too... you are so lucky 

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

Which Hourglass Blush and powder shades did you end up with?

feline5190

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I got the Diffused Light powder and the Dim Infusion blush.  I also have the Ethereal Glow blush I purchased previously, but haven't used yet.  I'm having a hard time deciding which ones would be best for me, since I have fair/light medium skin, but some days it can be quite ruddy/reddish.  

biancardi

I went to the one in Dedham MA.  It was not that big of a deal - some dunkin donuts coffee and bakery items from a grocery store - still in their grocery store plastic containers - not even put out on a plate.

Brand reps?  Didn't see one.  I was almost ignored, almost - because there weren't that many people in the morning, so the reps there had to pay attention to the few women that were there.  But it was a half hearted attempt and nothing more. 

many of the things I was interested in purchasing were out of stock - such as the divergence collection - totally gone.  Bite beauty new lipsticks - gone.   If this was supposed to be a huge event, you'd think that they would have stocked up on some of their showcased items.

Samples - I had to ask for them.  Other places gave out tons of samples and I got a bare minerals foundation in golden dark - when I am pale skinned.  Huh.  I didn't get the compact mirror that others got in other stores.  The little free bag was nice - it is sturdy but getting up early on a sunday morning - this wasn't worth it.  there was no extra bags given out, like others have shown here.

This was my first VIBR event and I was disappointed.  I spend a lot of money there today as I saved up to go this event, and it really wasn't anything special.  Sorry, but the Dedham location really was bad.  There is too much difference, it seems, from one store to another.  That isn't cool, Sephora.

itscarin

(0) Hearts

"still in their grocery store plastic containers - not even put out on a plate." -- Thank you!  So glad I'm not the only one who was off-put by the presentation of the food at this event.  I was at a different Sephora, but it was still plastic trays with croissants in them.  Kind of ghetto.  It's like they didn't even try. 

feline5190

(0) Hearts

That's disappointing :smileysad:  I was very pleased with my store and the sample goodie bag I got at check out.  I thought the goodie bag with samples would be standard at all the stores, but now that I'm looking through everyone's reviews there seems to be a lot of variability.   

mpolansky

AH just got back from the Ross Park location in Pittsburgh. Amazing! I've never had such good customer service. Didn't notice any specific brand reps there. They had coffee and small treats (nothing looked that great but wasn't coming for the food anyway)

Here's a picture of the damage I did :smileyvery-happy: I had the absolute SWEETEST woman helping me (if anyone knows Jocelyn - tell her how amazing she is!). She even pulled out the Too Faced Melted lipsticks from the back for me - I was the first one to use the testers! 

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Only went in for the MUFE Flash Palette for myself and the Prada Candy as a surprise for my mom. Couldn't resist snagging the last hourglass ambient light powder in Dim!

I really don't think the samples were especially fabulous... but I will say the customer service aspect was worth it alone. I have never gotten that much personal attention as a shopper. I'm in my early 20's and am often overlooked when shopping. So this was a really nice change.

JayReed

Ahh!! So jealous you were able to get the Melted!

mpolansky

I was surprised at how much I liked them! I wasn't sure about the applicator at first. But they're so comfortable! I was the first to use the ones at my store so it was nice to see how they applied straight from the tube :smileyhappy:

StyleLynn

I've been eyeing the MUFE palette for a while! Great haul :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

So have I! I couldn't stand just looking at it anymore, I had to have it :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

Forgot to mention. I showed up promptly at 9 AM... My store was listed as one that was at full capacity so I was anticipating a long line. Guess who was the VERY first one there. Literally all the SA's stopped and pointed - "look we have one!". Slightly embarrassing haha but I got quite good service! A line started shortly after I got there, but I was surprised that there weren't more people there. Anyone else find that their store wasn't packed?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 379 replies
  • 633 hearts
  • 144 in conversation
    • kalex
    • meow123
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire