MK89

Limited edition items of the past

Hi ladies! (and some gents :smileywink:)

So recently I developed an obsession with getting my hands on the LE MAC Archie's Girls collection. I finally got all the items I wanted from Ebay, so I wanted to share! My last two looks on the What Are You Wearing Today thread used the blush in the picture. How cute is the packaging? It brings back teenage nostalgia for me. I'm sad I missed out on it when it was released, but I just wasn't that into makeup at the time and didn't know of its existence.

Anyway, this got me thinking...what item or items, now discontinued or hard to find, have you been obsessed with getting your hands on? I know for some people, it's Meteorites, and I also saw a LE Tom Ford blush in the hauls thread!

Feel free to share pictures if you have them :smileyhappy:

hannasilkwood

Re: Limited edition items of the past

This isn't an item of a the past but it is Limited Edition and I wanted to make sure everyone gets a chance to check it out! Peter Thomas Roth's Skintastic Mask Set is amazing. Love all the masks and it is an incredible value. I highly recommend it, I will have to get a backup before they are discontinued. 

malday

Oh I forgot to ask, which shades did you end up getting from the Archie's Girls collection? I only bought one lipstick from it, I'm sure you could probably guess which one haha.

MK89

I'm guessing it was either Daddy's Little Girl or Ronnie Red? Probably Ronnie Red...hmmm :smileytongue:

I got Ronnie Red and Oh Oh Oh. The lip gloss is in Mall Madness 

malday

Yes it was Ronnie Red! You guys know me too well haha

weeeeweeeeeee

Sorry not makeup related. BUT Speaking of limited editions...
ice cream.jpg

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I saw ice cream in the thread and thought what is kssweetheart making me hungry for now.  So I was wrong on who it was, but was right that you're making me want it.  Sucks to want food you cannot have.  Ten years ago, soufflés (my favorite dessert) were on a lot of menus.  Now they are hard to find.  T minus 5 months until my next one (even though it will not be my beloved chocolate).

nishcakes

We can always make exceptions for ice cream!!!

MK89

(0) Hearts

yum!!! Have you tried it?

weeeeweeeeeee

YUP! The cherry swirl is like the cherry in the Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, with tiny bits of cherry. Surprisingly good! My sister is not a fan though because of the cherry.

HawaiianEyes7

The Cinderella mirror from the Disney collection. I have no idea how this happened, because I check Sephora's website every day for new things, but I completely missed the Cinderella collection and only found the Jasmine one by chance. I have the Jasmine and Ariel mirrors, and it kills me that I don't have the complete collection lol :smileyvery-happy: Not to mention it is sooooo beautiful! Maybe one day I'll be just crazy enough to buy one for $100 on ebay lol

twilightnicky

This is for Shrewdle: Hi there! Tried to reply under your post, but I got an error message :smileytongue: Anyway, I went to Amazon and found the Blue Lumiere palette from YSL 2014 summer collection :smileyhappy: Go take a peek

Shrewdle

(0) Hearts

Hey thanks for the message... I just tried searching for it on Amazon and there's only an "external website" listing available for the palette, which points to the YSL site (where it is sold out). And the only other listing is in the UK by an individual seller (it's probably just me but I only purchase from authorized retailers for anything cosmetic/health related), so I guess I will have to settle for just looking at online swatches/photos for this one! (If I didn't find the link that you were talking about would you mind sending me the link through a PM?) TY!!

talinder

Ugh this thread is torture, but I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane. I have the Disney mirrors and hate that I paid eBay prices for them. I also have the Jasmine and Ariel big shadow palettes. I haven't even opened my MAC Ocean City blush. I'm a sucker for LE and special packaging.

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

You have the Cinderella mirror?! So jealous. Only one I'm missing.

talinder

(0) Hearts

Yes, I got Cinderella on eBay after holding out for months. I thought the hype would die down and I'd get it for a reasonable price, but it never did.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

It is really pretty on everyone I've seen it on.  You should bust it open and start using it.  

talinder

(0) Hearts

I was big into orange/coral blushes last year, but not really this year. I think they tend to be too red on me. I'm pretty much on a blush ban. I do, however, need to find a light pink that is flattering on darker skin. I got NARS Mata Hari, but it's much darker than I expected it to be.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

This is torture for me too because I didn't know any of it existed til now!

malday

I think some of the first LE collections I bought from were the MAC X Heatherette one and the MAC X Fafi one. I have an eyeshadow trio and lipgloss from Heatherette and a lipstick and makeup bag from the Fafi one

h

h2

fa

faf

I would've bought more but I was an 18 year old jobless college student at the time haha.

nishcakes

I'll take the Fafi stuff off of your hands :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 67 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • malday