MK89

Limited edition items of the past

Hi ladies! (and some gents :smileywink:)

So recently I developed an obsession with getting my hands on the LE MAC Archie's Girls collection. I finally got all the items I wanted from Ebay, so I wanted to share! My last two looks on the What Are You Wearing Today thread used the blush in the picture. How cute is the packaging? It brings back teenage nostalgia for me. I'm sad I missed out on it when it was released, but I just wasn't that into makeup at the time and didn't know of its existence.

Anyway, this got me thinking...what item or items, now discontinued or hard to find, have you been obsessed with getting your hands on? I know for some people, it's Meteorites, and I also saw a LE Tom Ford blush in the hauls thread!

Feel free to share pictures if you have them :smileyhappy:

Zpsid91

Re: Limited edition items of the past

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Those are super cute!!!

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Correction: 2008

kellsmuneoka

I had an obsession with Heatherette (collection from MAC) and I made it my mission to get all of the lippies! Got all of them and sold all of them recently except for Lollipop Loving which I cannot bring myself to get rid of. I was super obsessed with mac lol. 

MK89

(0) Hearts

Oh no, why did you sell them?

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

People actually buy them for 75 dollars each! I just grew out of hot pink you know what I mean? I kept one just as  a collectors item hehe.

MK89

(0) Hearts

Oh wow haha! Nice. 

mrsbaine

I have the Proenza Schuler Ocean City blush and Recently got the Chanel illuminating powder. I bought the YSL Fall 2014 Coture oalette but it's being returned. I have every color in it. 

MK89

I saw your picture of the Chanel powder! *drool* Wish the Ocean City blush wasn't so hard to get. I'm going to be more proactive about purchasing LE collections from now on!

mrsbaine

The Chanel Powder is worth every penny. I'm glad I jumped on OC when it came out. 

starsandbucks

[ Edited ]

Sephora released a set of Disney princess compacts that were gorgeous. I'm not into Disney princesses at ALL but I have to admit that whenever I see them mentioned in passing on a blog or YouTube I wish I had snatched them up. People went wild over them, particularly the Ariel one if I'm remembering correctly. 

Editing to add pictures. Pretty!

image.jpg

image.jpg

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Yeah I saw them and basically had to have them.  I got Jasmine and Ariel on ebay.  Someday, Cinderella...

CuriousCannibal

I'm so glad I got the Cinderella one, but honestly at the time I didn't realize how crazy everyone was over these, I just needed a new compact mirror xD

Looking back, I wish I had bought the Jasmine one before it sold out :smileysad:

MK89

I forgot to mention this as well! I got the Jasmine one on Ebay a few months ago. I SO wish I could get my hands on a Cinderella one. They're so pretty!

killahbabe

The Cinderella mirror is the most difficult to find. As someone who spent over 8 hours calling Sephoras around the country to get that mirror and had zero problem getting the other two in the collection, I can attest to the rarity of the Cinderella one.

MK89

Killah, I remember you posting that story sometime back! Crazy. Glad you got it though, after all that hard work, you sure deserve it :smileywink:

killahbabe

Thanks, MK! :smileyvery-happy: It was a pain in the booty (I even made my husband call around), but it was worth it! :smileyvery-happy:

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I tried and no luck. :smileysad:. I wish I'd spend more time calling.

rjamlt

Now it's lost to the land of over-priced ebay....sigh :smileysad:

starsandbucks

I just perused because I was getting itchy bidding fingers. But, yeah, too rich for my blood. 

redwagon44

I've been dying for these ever since I first heard of them. upload_6393775116777161541.jpg

talinder

I have Daddy's Little Girl and have never opened it. Also things from Rihanna, Proenza Schouler, Marilyn Monroe, Style Seekers, Alluring Aquatics, etc. all unopened. I just like to collect I guess. I've done a much better job this year.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 67 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • malday
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • talinder
    • mrsbaine