RMOR86

Lets Talk...Drug Store Makeup

I've been such a slave to Sephora & Ulta that I no longer own any drug store makeup. I'm on a tight budget right now so therefore I must downgrade on a few items. What are you favorite drug store or department store makeups? Eyeliners/Mascaras/Gloss/Eyeshadow...anything...Thanks!

Joannimation

Re: Lets Talk...Drug Store Makeup

(0) Hearts

I've heard glowing reviews on NYX butter glosses and Milani baked blushes. I also love NYX slide-on pencils. They glide on so effortlessly.

dahlianoir

Something I really like from the drugstore is the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener in 003. It's a dupe for MAC's prep + Prime in Rose. I really love it, and it's great as a highlighter! 

I also love all the L'Oreal Extraordinaire lip colors. They're all so buttery and soft, and small enough to carry on your person at all times. 

killahbabe

I only use two drugstore products, but I love these more than mid-range and high-end products:

Eyeliner: Maybelline Ultra Liner. It's waterproof and doesn't smudge. I recommend this all the time on this page as it's the only liner I use and I use it every day for my winged look.

Lippie: Loreal Wet Shine/Aqua Lacquer. I've seen these with two different names but they're the same thing. They are an exact dupe of YSL's Glossy Stains (same formulation, staying power, and smell).

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I'm not huge on drug store products but I do have quite a few of the following: 

Jordana Lip Liner

Maybelline Vivid's Collection Lip Sticks

Maybelline Lip Laquers 

NYX Butter Gloss

Milani Baked Blush

Loreal Tru Match Lumi Foundation

EllaRigby

(0) Hearts

Lips: Revlon Laquer Balms are awesome, they're super pigmented and some come in matte, they're like $7.00. 

Eyes: Maybelines precise liquid eye pen is such a great product it was my first liquid liner and is perfect for thin lines, thick wings etc. 

Revlon 3D Mascara is absolutely awesome as well. 

I also suggest looking at beauty vloggers, they always talk bout drug store products. Makeupbytiffanyd is a good one to follow. 

beachyt

(0) Hearts

I'm generally not an E.L.F. fan (maybe I've just tried all the wrong things?) but I can't get enough of their new Ex-tra glosses. On par with, and if not better than, MAC, Lancome, etc. Seriously, I can't believe how good they are, and only $2. The drawback is that the shade range is super limited. I would Google for swatches instead of trusting the little color square they have on the website.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/lips/gloss/ex-tra_lip_gloss

I also like Maybelline's Color Elixir glosses, Physician's Formula eyeliners, L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows, and a bunch of Maybelline's mascaras. :smileyhappy:

IAmLadyLiterary

I love Nyx for lip products, specifically gloss.  I also love EcoTools brushes.  

jobro1027

I highly recommend Maybelline mascaras. My HG mascara is The Rocket (the one in the blue tube). I also love Loreal Color Riche Lipsticks, they have a nice scent, and the colors are nice (though they do have to be reapplied every couple of hours if you plan on talking...)

firefly02

• Maybelline gel liner - unlike my Mac one, this one does not dry up, and it's really nice. The only problem is I have to go back to Mac for unique colors, the Maybelline range has like 3 colors or something like that.
  • Maybelline mascaras, especially The Rocket and the Falsies in the yellow tube.
  • Maybelline Color Tattoos are a really good dupe for Mac's paint pots, and I like them more actually (the paint pots just look really dry on me for some reason and wouldn't blend as much)
  • Loreal Infallible eyeshadows are basically the only regular drugstore e/s I own - I have really oily lids, and nothing works other than these ones. And they have really pretty colors.
  • Rimmel had my favorite drugstore mascara but they discontinued it, but they still carry good mascaras and eyeliners.
beautyjunkie990

NYX also has dirt cheap single eyeshadows in neutrals that are great as brow powders! I apply it with a wet angle brush for a more precise line or dry for a natural look.

The Jumbo Eye Pencils are so versatile as well. I use 'Milk' for a brow bone/inner corner highlight and as a base for bright eyeshadow looks. You can even use it to waterline for that awesome 60's mod doe-eyed look (I have been a big fan of this lately!)

dolceloure

Some of my favorite drugstore products:

NYX:  

-slide on eye pencil (reminiscent of Urban Decay liners)

-eyeshadows: Love in Paris palettes, Love in Rio palettes, Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Pearl Eye Shadow (these are the only ones I've tried and I like them all)

L'oreal:

-Colour Riche Extraordinary Lip Color

-Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lip Stain

...I'm currently crazy about these two in particular; they're so smooth and buttery, and the lip stain is very similar to Yves Saint Laurent's. 

tessie84

If you're into gel eyeliners, I really like L'Oreal's Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H -- it has great pigment, is waterproof and long-lasting. My only complaint is the brush it comes with, but you can probably find a cheap drugstore substitute.

I haven't used drugstore mascaras in a couple of years. (I've gotten so many mascara samples from Sephora that I haven't had to buy any for a quite a while.) However, I've heard many a great thing about Maybelline's Falsies mascara. When I do eventually have to buy some again, my plan is to try this out.

Lastly, if you're into tinted lip balm, I would suggest Maybelline's Baby Lips. Fresh's Sugar ones use to be my favorite, but, after they changed their formula about a year ago, this is now my favorite. Long-lasting, moisturizing, and in great colors.

HelloCoffee

I'm also loving the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms (they have lacquer balms too). They are similar to Clinique Chubby Sticks, but have excellent pigmentation and a nice minty sensation.

kso1225

Foundation: Maybelline SuperStay for a full coverage, long wearing, transfer resistant foundation.

Lip Stain: L'Oreal Caresse Wet Shine Stains. I'm obsessed with these because they don't get that weird crusty/uneven texture when they wear off like many lip stains and they don't transfer onto cups! LOVE! I have all but 2 colors!  I also love the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains in Honey. I love this color and the texture, but it does come off on my cups which I hate.

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte

Gloss: NYX Butter Gloss

Balms/Lipstick: Revlon lip butters

I don't have any mascara recommendations...unfortunately I have hated every drugstore mascara I've tried, even the ones that are supposed to be dupes for my high end favorites :-(

tanyab84

I have yet to find a lip stain I am happy with so I'm anxious to try these L'Oreal ones now.  Thanks kso!

annypoo

[ Edited ]

Eyeliner - Milani liquif'eyed eyeliner, Wet N Wild gel liner, Physician's formula 2 in 1 eyeliner pen, Rimmel scandal eyes eyeliner

Gloss - Revlon Super lustrous lipgloss, NYX butter gloss, Milani glitzy glamour gloss

Eyeshadow - Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette, L'oreal infallible eyeshadow,

Blush - Milani baked blush, ELF studio blush, NYX blush

Lipstick - Revlon Super lustrous lipstick, Milani lipsticks, Revlon lip butters, L'oreal color riche lipsticks

Concealer - Maybelline instant age rewind concealer

Bronzer - NYC sunny bronzer

Check out this thread too! It has drug store products under $20

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/The-best-of-the-drugstore-UNDER-20/m-p/1311106/highli...

tanyab84

I second the Wet N Wild Contour palette.  It is possibly better than all the high-end palettes I have!

beautyjunkie990

Awesome suggestions! I can totally vouch for the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer...amazing coverage and so creamy and blendable! This stuff is honestly better than most of the high-end concealers I've used. Love the applicator as well.

tanyab84

(0) Hearts

Ooh, want to try this now!

HelloCoffee

I have awful dark circles and I have a ton of expensive concealers, but I come back to this one all the time. I have a backup one in my drawer at all times.....I'm terrified of this getting discontinued. 

bellarob

Some of the drugstore mascaras are great. Maybelline has good ones. I like to get the waterproof during the summer when I am swimming or at the beach and don't want to wear expensive mascara. I am always taking my daughters EOS lip balms too.:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • tanyab84
    • dolceloure
    • kso1225
    • neko333