Let's talk about men.

Spyski

Let's talk about men.

Sometimes it aint easy splurging on beauty products when you have a "peeper" awaiting at the door when the UPS man arrives before you get home to hide your Sephora box somewhere safe in a dark place until the coast is clear :smileywink:

*Life would be a little easier if Sephora didn't advertise it's name on their shipping boxes* lol

Anyway, I know some of us has had their man give the "Why are spending your money on beauty products speech" before and was wondering what the culprit to this was since our men have their own interests they spend money on which makes them happy and so do we. Hehe

My question is, what does your honey think about your makeup routine? Does he get annoyed if you spend too much time on your face every morning? Does he prefer an au natural look, a colorful unique look, a dark mysterious look, a sultry sex goddess look, etc. What I'm trying to say here is that many of us play up our looks and our partners don't even like it. For instance, I have a pretty natural makeup look, but like playing my red lips up. I love highly pigmented lipsticks and sometimes it can be very transferable which is a BIG no-no in the relationship world. Is there anything about makeup or the way you apply makeup that your man dislikes, but you absolutely love? 

annonymous1

Re: Let's talk about men.

[ Edited ]

Thankfully, i get my orders shipped to my job :smileywink: very sneaky, lol but i mean we both work and we both spend our money on what we like, my boyfriend is actually very supportive, he knows makeup makes me happy and i enjoy doing it, so he would never stop me from doing what i love, thankfully, even when it comes time for gifts he knows excally what gift card to get me :smileyhappy:

i usually go to my nearest sephora about once a week, its not too far from me, and i usually make him go with me, he doesent mind, and its cute he acts like he knows what i'm talking about, like he'el see me buy alot of tarte and he'el walk over to that section and be like "babe, do you need more of this? or this would be pretty on you" 

its really cute

he likes when i wear really light natural makeup, he thinks the smokey eye and stuff like that is pretty but he would prefer me to not look like a racoon (in his words) for nights out its okay, but not for the daytime

i love lipstick as well, but my boyfriend really doesent like me to be wearing it, it transfers very easily, but i found some matte lipsticks are less likely to transfer, so i usually opt for those :smileyhappy:

Spyski

Sounds like a match made in Sephora heaven. lol

What kind of lipsticks do you recommend that aren't transferable? 

annonymous1

i'm very grateful, this also means i can't complain about being bored in places like home depot, or game stop -.- which is our trade off lol. 

the limecrime lipstick called velvetines is amazing! its so matte and it actually doesn't dry out, mac makes a couple good matte lipsticks, but the only one i'd actually recommend would be "Ruby Woo" but KVD makes the everlasting liquid lipstick which is also matte

Spyski

(0) Hearts

HOLY MOLY! I just did a google image search on the velvetines and those are so stinky gorgeous! Must have SUEDEBERRY! Thanks for that suggestion :smileyvery-happy:

annonymous1

i use the red velvet one, i love suedeberry its more of a light red-pink though, the whole brand is cruelty free and vegan too which is a plus :smileyhappy:

clarks18

My boyfriend has finally caved and accepted my beauty routine.  He knows I enjoy it and am truly passionate about it.  I told him he can't complain when he ends up loving the final look!  My boyfriend didn't even know what eye shadow let alone anything else.  He likes the natural look but also likes bolder looks like a cat eye or drama wing or intense shadow.  He really likes purple eyeshadow ha!  He will even comment now on looks he sees on tv or out and about.  We were at a restarurant one day and he looked at me and asked "do you think our waitresses shadow works with her eye color?"  HA!  I was so impressed.  He's come a long way and I don't have to hide the Sephora bags as much anymore.  He will even go with me to Sephora.  Only because there is a Mrs. Fields cookie stand right outside of my local Sephora. 

Spyski

That is great! I'm glad it is working out for you and that he is understanding the color scheme of makeup more and more. That would make sense to build a cookie store or some kind of outdoor or auto parts store next to a Sephora!

LCResz

My husband is used to having our house overrun with boxes from Sephora, Birchbox, Hautelook, well you get the idea. He is ok with it because he has his own interests and knows that everything I buy is put to good use. While he likes my natural look it also makes him happy to see me happy when I try out different looks.

The only thing my hubby isn't crazy about is the overly flushed cheeks look. He loves dramatic/exotic looking eyes best.

Spyski

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

All about happiness :smileyhappy: What are overly flushed cheeks anyway? 

LCResz

When your cheeks are really pink and it looks kinda like you might be running a fever or having an allergic reaction! A very pretty look on young girls or on magazine covers, but in real life it can be a bit much on me.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Oh gotcha, thanks for explaining that to me. 

caitlinashley

(0) Hearts

Yep. My sephora ordering is one big reason my husband and I are now separated :smileysad: But I can't give up on my makeup addiction!!! :smileyhappy:

LCResz

I'm so sorry to hear that! Spending habits can be a big hurdle for couples. As long as your Sephora purchases aren't affecting your ability to pay other bills and they make you feel good about yourself then you just have to keep working on communicating with one another. Good luck (hugs).

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Oh no! I hope you guys mend it out :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 186 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex