Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Re: Let's talk about Surratt!

@ashlynaf I own around 20 of them and they're nice shadows but they skew on the side of subtle.

If you like super pigmented, rich, dense eyeshadows, they probably won't be to your taste.

They're kind of soft (in texture and pigment) and good wash of colour kind of shadows. There are a few exceptions in the line, but for the most part they're semi-opaque.

What colours were you thinking of?

@Mochapj Thank you for responding! I am usually a fan of more subtle eyeshadows.  I really enjoy the Surratt blushes, and I feel like they are similar to what you are describing.

The shades I'm looking at are:

-Renard Roux

-Zibeline

-Haute Chocolate

-Brunatre

-Soie

-Brun Noir

-Truffle

-Chocolate Noir

@ashlynaf ok, if you're already familiar with the blushes, the shadows are the same sort of situation pigment-wise.

With the exception of Soie, I think I have all those you mentioned (possible not Chocolate Noir, I'm not 100% on that)

Of those, my personal faves would be Zibeline and Brunatre but you've got some really solid neutrals there, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you've selected.

@Mochapj Great! Thank you again, I've decided to place the order.

The new Les Lumieres colors are live on Sephora:

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-lustre-P394180

IMG_0112.PNG

RE: Let's talk about Surratt!

Coming soon

So my Surratt palette is ALMOST complete.  I just got Rosatre today, and am waiting for Ingenue to arrive so I can fill the gap (I had credits and a 20% off code to Spring so I basically got them for like $6 each).  I wish I had a palette which fit them perfectly though... They currently live in the center of a large z palette.

Also, I swatched Rosatre.  It's so beautiful and creamy omg.  I didn't expect it to be so amazing.  It is in the middle of my swatch, while on the left we have Colourpop wattles and on the right is Nars Kari.

surratt.jpg

suraaat.jpg

@sabrinas Ooh, how did you get them to fit in the Z-Palette? I've been holding back on these because someone told me they don't fit due to the plastic cover 😕

PS: I'm pretty sure the etsy seller jominguez is talking about is Glamtech 🙂

@sabrinas How is the wear/longevity/pigmentation? On that last one, I'm not expecting insta-level pigmentation because that's not quite the look I'm going for, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you love his eyeshadows! I've only got two so far (Truffe and Patine) but I've yet to try them!

Also--there's an etsy store that sells custom acrylic palettes if you're looking for something that's a perfect fit for your Surratt shadows! 🙂

@jominguez I havent tested them without primer as I never wear shadows without it, but they are very pigmented and last a full day on my eyes. When I say very pigmented though, it's definitely not over the top and in your face, it's NOT anything like insta-level stuff, and they feel sorta creamy in a way even though they are powder. I do get a bit more fallout from the sparklebomb but that's because it's basically all glitter (Starr).

Ohhhhh can you please let me know what etsy seller that is?? 😄 Thanks!

This thread kind of died, but let me just say that Surratt's Grisaille is the ONLY blush I've ever panned/use almost on a daily basis. 

I'm actually quite sad that it's been on backorder for some months now!

I feel like Surratt makes amazing stuff 🙂 I love the eyeshadows!! @jominguez

Has anyone tried his blushes? There are a few I'm interested in, but I thought I'd ask here first!

I recently purchased his foundation wand and it is so beautiful! As far as similar foundations go, I like it more than the By Terry wand, but I also like it more than quite a few of my other more "traditional" foundations. Initial impressions are very positive.

@ashlynaf I have a few! They are some of my favourite blushes to use. As Mocha mentioned, I find the ones I have have a very pretty luminous finish to them. 

I often use La Rosee du Soir (such a pretty nude blush - without being too bronze or muddy on my skintone), Barbe a Papa (a very pretty cool pink), and Cherubique (the shimmer in this is so lovely with the rosy blush).

@lachaton Thank you so much! Barbe a Papa and Cherubique were two I was eyeing!

I have a number of his blushes (swatches can be found further back in this thread)

I like them but they are very subtle blushes.  They have a really nice luminosity, though.

@Mochapj Thank you! That actually sounds very much like something I would enjoy. I am a huge fan of luminosity, and I also prefer my blushes to be subtle and understated.

Any Surratt fans in NYC? I wish I could go to this. If it were a weekend I would make a day trip out of it.

20170216_002251.png

Does anyone have a swatch of Tu Me Fais Rougir, the blush?? 🙂

@Mochapj I think you have your eyeshadows from surratt in a z palette, correct? I was hoping maybe you could provide some insight! I have 16 eyeshadows of theirs and want to transfer them to a z palette but I'm not sure what size would be best, do you have any ideas? Thanks a bunch 😄 Or if anyone else knows that works too!

@sabrinas sorry, I don't have mine in a z palette.

i use the L size MUFE empty palette because I travel with them and the MUFE one is better padded.

with any palette you'll probably want to glue a magnet on the back of the pans because the little sticker backing is pretty useless 

Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png
  • IMG_2599.JPG