Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Re: Let's talk about Surratt!

@Anonymous Product Q&A says it comes with one refill.

Grisaille is one of my favorite 'nude' blush colors for when I just want a tiny hint of color on my face.

From his blush line I also really like Aureole for highlighting - it's just such gorgeous and refined shimmer.  I own most of the original shades, and can't really complain about any of them.  

I'm really looking forward to the 6 new blushes making their way to Sephora.  I asked them on IG when, but they weren't sharing 😉  At the moment they're only available at Barneys.

Re: the pans, they sell empty compacts that slot 2-3 blushes into, but they're expensive.  

Eta: I posted this on IG and it occurred to me it might be useful here

Aureole, Grisaille, Cantaloup, Parfait, Ponceau, Guimauve, La Vie En Rose, Rougeur, Se Pomponneur 

i2404163mage.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Oh this is too enabling...Love that La Vie en Rose...and Rougeur...

@Mochapj Because of your swatches, I just ordered Aureole and La Vie En Rose! I can't wait to try them, thanks so much for this!

@jominguez you're welcome!  Hope you like them 😉

Oh my gosh... now I want Rougeur REALLY bad... that is exactly the shade I have been looking for.. I wish I had seen your awesome swatches before I bought Ponceau, I would have been even happier lol 😄  ... hmmmm... I might just have to switch it out of my compact (only room for three) 😉

I ordered two of the new shades from barneys a couple weeks ago after seeing swatches on temptalia, and they are so pretty! 

@moxiepancakes which ones did you get? I was almost going to order from Barneys yesterday, but one of the ones I wanted was OOS.

De Cherubique and Barbe a Papa 

@moxiepancakes do you love them both?

I love De Cherubique as a blush Barbe a Papa is more of a highlight color on me and I don't like it as well as De Cherubique.  

Swatches: top De Cherubique bottom Barbe a Papa

I've been wearing them in some of my what are you wearing today and color challenge photos.

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

Thank you for the swatches @moxiepancakes

These are both ones I was considering but if Barbe a Papa barely shows up on you, there's no chance in h#ll it's going to show up on me 😞

What about Flamme?  That looks like it would be super flattering @Mochapj

I wonder if surratt will ever make a red shade with a similar shimmer? like Exhibit A + sheen 

@moxiepancakes LOL, Flamme is one of the others I was considering, actually 😉  I was pretty much debating all of them except the 2 'highlighting' ones (Coup Genie and Halo).  

I'm hoping they show up in Sephora sooner rather than later so I can swatch them, because ordering from Barneys to Canada is cray-zay expensive :S

I would love it if they made that kind of red.  I have something sort of similar to Exhibit A with sheen from a Japanese brand, but it doesn't have quite as much sheen as I'd like, either.  

hint hint makeup companies 😉 

The brushes are for sure some of my Surratt favorites because they are super soft.

I have the blush in both parfait and rougeur and they're great. They're not super pigmented, but I feel like that is not a con because they're buildable and is great for those with an otherwise heavy hand 🙂 I want to pick up ponceau but when they were first available on sephora, that one was always out of stock.

I've also tried the concealer, but I don't feel like it was anything extraordinary.

I want to pick up some of the shadows eventually and the new foundation is on my list! It reminds me of a ByTerry foundation that I picked up a while back, but this one from Surratt comes in a wider range of shades! http://www.sephora.com/surreal-real-skin-foundation-wand-P407377?skuId=1686781&icid2=brand%20content...

I'm super interested in his foundation too, ever since Lisa Eldridge used it in a recent video. I don't know how I feel about the brush though--I feel like it might be hard to clean.

The Surratt brushes that my BF got me for X-mas are amazing... SUPER soft... I never knew a brush could feel so soft! I also LOVE the blushes... I have Ponceau, Se Pomponner, and Grisaille and you're right they are excellent!! I also built a 4-quad eyeshadow palette but they are very sheer... very pretty but they're nearly invisible on me 😞

I read somewhere that Chikuhodo makes their brushes but that Troy himself had a hand in designing them. No wonder they're so good!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png