Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Oh and on another note, ct's perfume smells IDENTICAL to diors absolutely blooming!! I sprayed it and was smelling myself trying to figure out how I recognized it.  Also, I love it even though everyone else seems to hate it hah!

That's interesting, because I find those 2 scents to be entirely different on me. CT turns very clean (soapy) after a couple of minutes, and AB stays sweet (like fruit candy)

I hated it when I got a sample from CT direct (too strong & heady) but I was at a CT masterclass recently and they sprayed it around the room and also on a tissue for everyone to try. Then I thought it smelled amazing? IDK how I feel about it still but I'm definitely revisiting it.

I love it too, actually.  It's one of the few fragrances my husband has noticed and said, "what is that, you smell amazing!" Then he told me I must buy a full bottle, ha.

Lol that is a good husband.

Boo, I'm disappointed in the shade. I didn't expect it to be such a dark, bright pink on me (hope that makes sense lol). I don't wear this type of color 😞 ps i look sad in the photo but I'm just tired lol.

IMG_9497.JPG

@sabrinasstill a pretty shade on you! I was disappointed as well in the shade and thanks to you ladies skipped this one. It made me fall in love with MJ boy gorgeous all over again thought!

Here are some comparisons. It is most similar to NARS Greta and MJ Charlotte. Bite Quince pencil isn't far off either, just a touch darker.

image.jpeg

Mocha - I found your swatches!  Thank you.

As usual I am a day late and a dollar short...MrsB pointed me in the right direction.

I owned Greta once, but got rid of it.  I felt it was a tad too bright on me.  But that was ages ago.  I might try Queen once it comes to Nordies.  I think. 

@greenchilli!

This is actually the second time I've owned Greta.  I bought it when it came out but also thought it was too bright and got rid of it.

I ended up buying it again this summer.  It's still really bright, LOL.

Thanks for swatches @Mochapj It looks identical to Greta.

I agree @fatimamummy 

I think the only visible difference was how opaque they each were with the same # of swatches (NARS being more opaque)

Thanks much for the swatches.  It's lovely but now I am obsessed with finding a dupe for the redder shade like the promo pic..

@Mochapj Which formula is better in your opinion, MJ or CT? I'm leaning MJ as it looks a little less matte... (and I can sample the shade).

@TraceyEB sorry to get your hopes up on this, but the MJ is an England exclusive shade I picked up while traveling this summer - it was named after the latest royal baby, apparently 🙂

To the best of my knowledge it is only available at Selfridges or Harrods (I can't recall which I bought it at as I went to both) 

In general I do prefer MJ's formula because I've found the matte revolution formula to be inconsistent (the Hot Lips versions feeling markedly different from the original MR shades) but I wore The Queen all day yesterday and the formula wore well for me.  

Appreciate your insight, @Mochapj. CT lipsticks are hit or miss for me - much better if I try them at the counter. I might check my stash for comparisons first, as I'm sure I wear raspberry well.

Interestingly, saw that CT posted a pic of her lipstick and the Queen's portrait for inspiration, and the shade worn by the Queen leaned raspberry, not red.

@Mochapj Do you have Givenchy Framboise Velours (315)?  If so, do you think they're similar? I was wearing it yesterday when you and lachaton posted your pictures and I thought it looked similar, but it's hard to tell.

@Elles117 sorry, I don't.  

I don't love these type of cooler toned bright pinks on my skintone most of the year (probably why I didn't have many things to compare it to, LOL)

@Elles117 I haven't compared them yet, but yes, I think they're similar. 

I'm a little behind Mochapj the ever-speedy 😉 , but here are my swatches 

This one had that same silicone-like slip to it that the Hot Lips Mattes had. I also found this one to be sheerer than my others - arm swatches included so you can see one swipe vs my usual application

It is much pinker (more raspberry) than red, and lighter than I expected. As much as I like it, I'm still a bit disappointed that it doesn't look more like the ads for it. It is similar to Electric Poppy: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Let-s-talk-about-Charlotte-Tilbury/m-p/2512367#M109998

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

IMG_0927.JPG

I agree that it looks gorgeous on you. I may have a Chanel lipstick in the raspberry family but not sure if it's a duplicate or not.

Without having a Charlotte Tilbury counter nearby, I find her lipsticks hard to judge as the promo pics aren't true to shade.

Putting on the maybe list while waiting to see what is released later this week.

5 Replies
testing