Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

So who has bought the Legendary Muse palette? Do you love it? Like? Trying to decide if I want it..I have Nude Dip so I already have one shimmery palette...Thoughts?

@AnneMCC I don't think I love it, but I like it.

The only color I find unique is the top right shade, as it is a slightly different gold than what you normally see.

It's a nice palette but there isn't a ton of variation and there are no mattes (if that's important to you)

@AnneMCC I swatched it today and tried it at Nordies, its a lovely quad 🙂 But the shades are warmer that nude dip.

Here is a swatch but I do think its dupe-able.

20160916_202034[1].jpg

@AnneMCC @dioradict I'm still sort of wanting this palette.  But, I really shouldn't.  It's so lovely since I like the lighter shades.  But I do think it's highly dupable...which makes it a pass for me.  Sadly.

@meganlisa maybe the CT gift will tempt you? It's 3 minis with $150 purchase..

Thanks @dioradict it is warm. I think it's too warm for me..did you get it?

@AnneMCC & @meganlisa - I played with quad and I almost got it. Since I also liked secret salma (thats how i ended up with picking 3 shades), then my SA suggested I can wait and get the Dreamy look set coming up around october for holidays. We have a CT master class for the trend show event on Oct 29, so its perfect time to get the set 🙂

Was on Bloomingdales website today and they enthusiastically welcomed Charlotte Tilbury's brand.  More options for buying CT!

Thanks for posting. They have 1 free sample of CT products such as pocket pouch lip samples in Miranda May, Electric Poppy and Kim K.  for any beauty purchaseThere is free shipping for Loyalists if you go all the way just before the checkout it appears. Make sure you are signed in as a loyalist.  I got a $5 face mask, free shipping and a CT sample that I have wanted to try

Yay! Thanks for letting us know!!

Is the new Legendary Muse Quad LE? Thank you.

Yes, that's how they've been referring to it on the CT website @Vineetha

But it is also in an upcoming holiday kit

Thank you! its now available on nordstrom so i might as well order! 😉 

Thank you for the swatches.

Interested to hear other's experience with the CT look book from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  Initially I loved it but then I noticed the blushes were nothing too special or different from my collection, the highlight doesn't really show up on my light skin, the eye shadow colors except the middle one are dupable.  Am feeling like I should return b/c it's $75 and to stay in my hoard you either have to be special or be a lip product.  Thanks!

I'm happy with the Instant Look In a Palette bought during the Anniversary Sale. The big surprise for me was that the bronzer leans red on my skin (perfect!) and the highlighter is different from the 1st palette and the CTxNP highlighter. Overall, the palette allows me to minimize the amount of makeup that I bring when traveling and I don't need to buy the bronze and glow, so it made this and the previous Instant Look a good deal for me.

BUT, if the highlighter doesn't show on your skin tone and you aren't fond of the blushes, then you may not be getting good value for your money.

I picked up it and I quite like it. While I agree most of the eyeshadows are dupable I like it for the convenience and the looks I have done from have it have all been really nice. I didn't have any issues with the highlight showing up on my fair skin. I personally haven't been that let down by Charlotte's products (usually just a lipstick color that doesn't look good on me is the only issue) and they last really well on me so I tend to buy most of her new products.

Sorry to hear that you didn't have such a great experience with it.

CT's lipsticks are hit and miss for me, too (mostly because I don't have a counter nearby or bought a "package" and the lipstick shade came with), though other brands that come to mind when I feel like a new lipstick.

I was very happy with it but then I started second guessing it b/c I have so much stuff.  Need. To. Stop. Buying. Makeup.  Also b/c I love the filmstar bronze and glow so much that I started rethinking the bronzer and highlight in the palette.

I hear you, I have so much stuff too.

The bronze and glow is amazing stuff, the highlight in the palette is similar in feeling to the Norman Parkinson one but not exact on me (I have the Norman Parkinson one also).

The highlighter is not exact on me either, to my pleasant surprise and the bronzer leans red on me, so different from bronzer/highlighter in the 1st Instant Look Palette and the CTxNP collection (including the cream bronze and glow). I'm satisfied with both and feel no need to buy more Instant Look palettes. 🙂

Saw a few looks from this palette on Instagram by sashakeenmua; also posted under #thedreamylook.

testing