Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Thanks for letting me know, @mrsbaine. Of all beauty brands, CT is the most difficult lipstick for me to just unless I'm at the counter.

I couldn't wear lipstick to the gym... I'd get it all over my squeeze water bottle! 😄

But agreed with you that Super Cindy doesn't look anything like the promo pics. It was on my to-buy list when I was deciding which CT lipsticks to buy, but the more photos I saw, the more I was deterred from getting it (especially seeing Temptalia's swatch)

I love mocha's deal below, but now I'm sitting here having a hard time of resisting! I really want the spy who loved me duo it's coming out to $42.36 for me...I put myself on a no-buy just a couple days ago dear lord

someone "denable" me! I want to tell myself the film stars on the go is no good but from what I've seen so far(and there isn't a lot) it seems good!

@Cupcakecandy if it helps, I have that duo and I really don't love it. Wasn't that pigmented nor did it blend that well. It's a cute idea but it creased sooo easily as a shadow on me. 

Not sure if this helps or not in this instance but for sales my general rule is to only get things I was planning on acquiring at some point anyway.

I received an email from CT direct this morning with the promo code CTIBIZA30 - for 30% off select summer makeup essentials.

im subscribed to the .ca .com and .uk though, so I'm not sure if it's only applicable for one or all.

ETA: these are the items it applies to, but good luck getting onto the website, it's been crashing all morning, so I'm still not sure which sites the code works on

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 8.00.55 AM.png

Update: I received the email with the code this morning and there are a few more items listed as eligible on the Canadian site. I don't know how to screenshot & post on my phone, but there are 2 more shades of Colour Chameleon (indigo & violet), Eyes to Mesmerize in Veruschka, and Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Medium/Dark 🙂 

Oh gosh I have loved that Bathing Beauty bag from afar for so long. Unfortunately it's still not a good time for me to buy it. I already made a purchase today and yesterday (one of which was the Kim K.W. lipstick so I'm not TOO pouty!), but that's awesome for anyone who got that beautiful bag on sale! I just love it.

For anyone who watches salihughesbeauty YouTube channel, she does a series where she interviews notable beauty experts about their beauty and skincare products in their bathroom. She interviewed Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends and she had that bag on a shelf in her bathroom and I fell in love with it immediately and have wanted it ever since! 

Thanks for the code, @Mochapj ! So happy I got to snag some more awesome CT products at a discount which seems so rare. I went a little crazy and got everything available on the .ca site except the bigger NP bag (I did get the smaller one though lol). I wish the Filmstars items were available on .ca too because I would be all over that. Can't wait for my order to arrive! 

I want to use this but I already have the products I want most. Filmstars Rebel Without a Cause could tempt me but it is gone. Oh well. Thanks for sharing, @Mochapj! 🙂

Thanks for posting @Mochapj. Not that I need anything from Charlotte but at a discount there a few things I have eyed for a while.

Thank you @Mochapj !! I bought Eyes to Mesmerize - Bette, and resisted getting a backup of Dreamy Glow 😅

Thank you so much for posting this, Mocha! I had been eyeing the NP bags forever but couldn't bring myself to buy them at full price. Just picked them up along with the Formentera beach stick - I didn't have any issues with the .ca site, so that seemed to work fine (at least on my end!).

NP collection a lot more attractive at this price. I got the coupon to work for US but gave up trying to check out with site crashing. 

I got the UK email and it seems to have worked on the US site.

We'll see if the order actually went through. PayPal says it did but I didn't get a confirmation from CT so... 

Recommendations please BT ladies! I'm thinking about getting my first CT lipstick(mainly because I want one of those beautiful rose gold tubes in my collection) and I need suggestions! My complexion is med-tan and I have black hair and dark eyes if that helps! I'd like a shade I can get a lot of use out of but still not too common place. What are some shades you all enjoy?😊

I second Walk of shame. I'm a bit darker and it wears sorta like a muted berry on me. I could wear it everyday! 

I also like Stoned Rose. It's a nude but not a complete wash-out nude. I love the color but the formula for me is a bit patchy. 

Walk of shame or amazing grace!  Both are sort of berry shades and quite lovely!

i have no recommendations for non mattes though 😞

My favorites from the original collection are Lost Cherry, Love Liberty, and Walk of Shame. I wore all the CT lippies I owned in a row a few months ago, and they're tagged #CTLipsChallenge on IG if you want to search for on-lip photos there. The three I mentioned are a bit bolder and I think would look good with medium-toned skin. And I've only owned them for a day, but Secret Salma and Hel's Bells from the new collection seem amazing so far. I have photos of those a few posts down, and I know I saw some other photos of those in this thread. 

Close call between amazing grace, lost cherry, and Salma! Also like the looks of Miranda featured in the website! Thanks for recs! I may have to go in store and swatch between them.

@Cupcakecandy here's Miranda and Lost Cherry

One is on top lip and one is on bottom.  You can barely see a difference in color, it's mostly in finish

image.jpeg

testing