Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I've heard that Miranda is an almost exact dupe for Lost Cherry and Temptalia's comparison seems to back this up. Miranda was the other one I was drawn to—we always want more of the lipstick colors we already have.

This is so true, considering the number of corals, berries and purples I have.

Temptalia has Tarte Top Down as a close match to both of these, I love Top Down but won't need Miranda too even though I love how it looks on mocha!

This is true.

I have both and was disappointed in the similarities.  

I put my low buy aside to place an order for my first CT lipsticks... I wanted to order nude-ish/classic shades that I would wear often!

I got Very Victoria (the regular Matte Revolution formula since I read the Hot Lips are slightly different?), Sexy Sienna and Bond Girl. Excited!

I only own VV out of the ones you've mentioned, but it's my fave nude from her line!

Yay, I'm glad! I have lots of pinky nudes but this seemed to be more of a...neutral browner nude of the CT nudes available?

Excited!

@k617 on those in a medium/tan/olive spectrum, it seems to come off less brown and more peachy.

I was sort of bummed because I was expecting 90s brown from it.

I adore Bond Girl. VV took me a second try to come around on, but now I really enjoy it. I hope you love them!

@TKLJ I was deciding between Walk of Shame and Bond Girl and honestly the name ultimately won me over 😛 I'm a huge fan of Bond movies (Daniel Craig is absolutely my fav. That may be an unpopular opinion but there's just something about him...)

I can't wait to see what Film Noir looks like !

I made my first trip to a CT counter yesterday (I've bought everything else blind). The SA tried to sell me on the whole collection set ... nice try. 😉

I may return Kidman's Kiss and Super Cindy and swap in Miranda instead. I'm not one for lighter colors and I have Audies that serve as dupes. But I'll give them another shot first.

IMG_3693.jpg

From top: Kidman, Cindy, Salma, Hel

CT swatches.jpg

Salma and Hel's are incredible on you. Just perfect!

Thank you! I just tried on the other two again, and I'll be returning them. Why keep something I don't love? I popped Salma on instead and love it.

Hel is one of my surprise favorites from this collection (also Laura)

I was so disappointed by Cindy - it isn't at all what I expected for a 90s style nude 😞

I do really like Kidman on you though!

Salma looks nothing special in the photo, but I ❤️ it. Hel's a close second. 🙂

And I was expecting more brown in Cindy. Alas.

I'd be worried that your Cheshire grin would lead me astray but I fell down that rabbit hole already.

No, you NEED to keep Cindy. Need. To.

Cindy is closer to staying than Kidman is. 🙂

Also from that I'm a beauty geek website, looks like a new lipstick is coming for holiday:

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 12.39.55 PM.png

This looks pretty. I can't wait to see a real pic of it. Opium Noir makes it sounds dark and vampy. 

From the stock photo it looks like a darker Walk of Shame, but Opium Noir definitely sounds darker than the picture would indicate.

Swatches of the new legendary muse palette from really ree

image.png

2 Replies
testing