Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Ah good to know, thank you for the clarification! 🙂

I went back for Laura and Hel; and swatched these for curious people 😉

image.jpeg

Thanks @Mochapj. So Carina looks like a "true red"; is that what it looks like in person? It looks almost like it leans pink. 

@mrsbaine It is a true red, neither very blue or very orange.

i think the best descriptor would be a cherry red

Secret Salma 

I was worried about this one, that it might be too dark, but I'm a fan!

IMG_0485.JPG

I love how this shade looks on you! It looks a little less pigmented on me, but is my favourite of the two I bought.

these all seem made for you

Ugh!!!! Looks sooo good on you!!

Again, AMAZING on you!

Secret Salma is my favorite one on me! It's beautiful on you too! It's not too dark at all! 

Is there a lipstick that doesn't look good on you?! 🙂

So this is mostly a #CTFAIL. I purchased Hot Emily, Super Cindy and Tell Laura. 

*disclaimer- excuse the way I look in these pics; I was pissed. And it was the end of the day... and .... I was pissed. 

I hate Hot Emily on me; it's that neon white base that doesn't look good on WOC IMO. (that's the first pic on the left) Under that is Super Cindy. I'm smiling a little because I don't hate it. It will work as a nude on me. The pic on the right (largest pic) is Tell Laura. I was and still am on the fence with this one. It's... bright. It's more orange than red on me. I prefer TF Wild Ginger to this one. 

From a formula perspective, they all feel great. It's j ust a color issue for 1 and a half of them. 

CT2.jpg

I love Laura on you too!  These were hard to choose well.  It's so much easier when we can test them in person!  

@mrsbaine for whatever it's worth, i LOVVVVE laura on you. you're glowing. in a good way 🙂

@mrsbaine I like Tell Laura on you! I love TF's Wild Ginger too, and I have found it to be the only flattering orange/orange-red on my skintone. 

Thanks @PavYellow! Wild Ginger is so much better than this one. Laura is a little bright in person. It 'almost' has that white base effect.... 'almost'. In pictures it looks fine, but even my husband said "well that's orange". I don't think that was good. 😕 

Hahaha! Good eye!

Thank you, @mrsbaine! I was debating Hot Emily but I can't stand these white base brights on myself either. You helped to make up my mind! ♥

No problem @Gwenhwyfar. It looks beautiful on some people, but it's just not for me. 

Oh boo! I see what you mean about Emily - so sad about that! 

Cindy is a pretty pinky-nude on you. And I really love Laura - it's bright, but I think it looks so lovely as a bold lipstick on you! 

Thanks! I'm considering trying Laura on again with my hair down. Things look different that way (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). Emily is absolutely not for me. I thought it was goregous on you though! 

testing