Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@mrsbaine - you always have a beautiful golden glow! do you mind sharing a breakdown of everything you're wearing here..pleaaase?

Thanks @PavYellow! Sure! 

Base: Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow and Nars Tinted Moisturizer (Malaga) 

Blush: Tom Ford Wicked

Highlight: Pat McGrath SkinFetish Nude

Eyeshadow: Chanel cream- Mirage

Eyeliner: Charlotte Tilbury Barbarella Brown

Mascara: Givenchy Noir Coture

Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury Secret Salma

Thanks @mrsbaine! I have Wonderglow, I'm going to mix it in with my base tomorrow. I've been wanting to pick up Barbarella Brown for the longest time, now may just be the time 🙂

@PavYellow, Barbarella Brown is my all time favorite Brown eyeliner. CT's liners are my favorite pencil formula. I just love them! 

Ooh! Love this!

Thanks Spry! I love it on you too! 

Thank you for the swatch, @mrsbaine! I think I'll try this one for sure.

My 3 arrived this morning

i have some thoughts

image.jpeg

my 3 don't feel like the original matte revolution formula. They are much more emollient and therefore they slide more on application and it was tougher to get even coverage.  For the arm swatches it took 5-7 swipes to get them evenly opaque and don't even get me started with how many swipes it took on the lips.

from my initial application I'm kind of disappointed, but I haven't worn any of them through a day yet

They are look great on you Mocha.

Thanks for the swatches! I agree; the formula is different than the Matte formula and the KISSING formula; it's something... else. But since I don't love matte lips, I'm good with this hybrid! 

i like secret salma. kind sad because I have about 6 of the matte revolution lipsticks now but i'm wary of this collection if the formula is not the same! 😞 

edit: now reading their introduction post it's supposed to be a hybrid of the kissing & matte revolution. I only own the matte so no idea how the other formula is!

@shirleylin88 that's weird - on the boxes they came in, it says they are matte revolution, but that would make sense given how different it feels.

oh nevermind, I misread, but to me it sounds like some sort of hybrid lol!

hmmmm. @Mochapj...i guess this begs the question: "if it looks amazing once fully applied, does the tree actually exist ?"....wait i don't think that's how it goes 😉

i'm surprised they're a bit difficult to apply, but i *do* think they look great and i like how matte they look. 

LOL @jemly 😄

I was totally surprised by the difference in formula.  The 'old' Matte Revolution shades I have (and I've got like 8 or 9, I think) are super smooth and velvety and are 1-2 swipes, tops for opaqueness.  

I think part of my disappointment also stems from the fact that none of them look anything like what the promo material indicated (I know, big surprise) 

They are all much more muted and less vibrant than I was expecting, and the Cindy shade seems much more peachy than 90s brown.

I think if I'd received that how the color looks on you thing last week (posted below) I probably wouldn't have bought any of these, as for how they look on, I have dupes of in my collection already.

TL;DR, I won't be purchasing any others until I can see them in person at the CT store next week.

@Mochapj

I got 2 of the hot lips.  Secret Salma and Kidman's Kiss.

I never have tried any CT lipsticks before so I have nothing to compare with.  I thought i was imaging it when i tried swatch them when it arrived.  Although the color is very good, as you said, both of them took at least 4 to 7 swipes to get them evenly opaque.  Especially on Kidman's Kiss as i have pigmented lips.  I kind of disappointed too.  I also have not tried wearing them through out the day yet.

Thanks for sharing @Mochapj! I'm kind of surprised - Secret Salma looks pinker than I was expecting. You don't by any chance have Tom Ford Pussycat or Bite Pastille to compare, do you?

Pretty much @njattana lmao!

@Libellules I've ordered Salma and have Pussycat so I can compare for you once I have Salma.

Thanks @lachaton!

@Libellules unfortunately I don't own either of those.  

I think it is going to end up being similar to an MJ I own, but I haven't had a chance to sit and swatch anything.

21 Replies
testing