Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I caved and pre-ordered the new Legendary Brows product. As happy as I am with my dip brow, I'd love for something super easy when I'm lazy.

I was so excited about it...till I read the ingredients. Castor oil? NO. Especially not at that price point.

You will have to let us know how it works @lachaton. I got the email about the pre-order but I have so many of my favorite brow pencils stocked up right now that I figured I didn't need to get it.

I adore this new product. I use CT's  brow lift or a Bobbi Brown eye shadow with BB's eye brow brush. I have some lighter brow hairs, so need a brow product to cover all hairs. For me, the legendary brow product mimics a brow tint without the excess dye on your skin. I love it. The wand it really neat, too. It's easy to build up and hard to overdo.

Absolutely! I'm very new to brow products so I'm excited to try this. And I love CT's look of more natural looking brows, so I'm hopeful that this works well for me.

@lachaton I'm curious too! Please let us know! 

@njattanaI have not had trouble with smudging at all, but it is a wet formula (not as wet as NARS Audacious Mascara) so I have to separate my lashes after applying to avoid clumpiness (I just don't like the clumpy/spiky look on me...).

@njattana It didnt smudge under my eyes, but it DID smear onto my eyelids!! I have long lashes which touch my lids when my eyes are open, and after 6-7 hours I can see black smears all over my lids, and no other mascara I own does this 😞 It happens with OR without primer which blows.

First look of Kim KW from the hot lips collection on someone. Fyi, she's also wearing pillowtalk under it though. 

image.png

They must have edit it. When I first saw it the description included Kim KW lipstick. 

@njattana I tried it and it was very clumpy for me. I had a hard time separating my lashes and the end of the day I had flakes everywhere. That's my own experience though. Full fat lashes was fine for me. 

@njattana If it helps, I also felt meh on FFL

with LL I didn't have smudging or flaking once it's on, but in the instance where I am clumsy and get mascara on my lid with the brush, it is hard to remove those types of smudges

if I try to apply it the way I apply most mascaras, it could get clumpy, but having tried the 3 methods CT recommends I have better luck

@njattana I'll be honest, when I typically apply mascara, I either do the technique she uses for 'false lash' (the wiggle) or I just brush it through straight holding the wand horizontally.

I'd never even thought to use it diagonally or vertically, but those work best for me with this particular formula. 

@njattana A lot of people like legendary lashes too. Do you have a Nordstrom or something similar close by so you can try it and return it if it doesn't work out? 

@njattana if you aren't in a rush to buy it, I put a mini LL in the Canadian TSB - might still be available when it gets to you, if you can hold off on purchasing to find out! 

My 2 cents - the mascara is okay, but it isn't my favourite. It clumps easily on me so I have to be careful not to over-apply, and it smears a bit under my eyes (which isn't a super common problem for me). It does wipe away really easily. The brush and formula reminds me a little bit of MJ Velvet Noir (which I also dislike, moreso than LL)

@njattana Let us know what your thoughts are if you do try it! 

Ct posted on Instagram and Twitter that her legendary brows are coming out soon? Any thoughts on it? It looks like maybe a brow gel?

The Legendary Brows product is basically a castor oil infused version of Glossier's Boy Brow.  She lost me at castor oil.

I'm friendly with my SA at Nordstrom and this is what he told me is coming this summer- the brow product, hot lips lipsticks in July and a Fragrance at the end of the summer 🙂

Can't wait for hot lips, hope I can get a few off her website. I wonder what her fragrance will smell like.

@AnneMCC A fragrance? I wonder what scent it'll be! I'm sure the packaging will be beautiful too! I love rose gold just as much as CT does! Lol

testing