Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

If/when I get any more details on the fragrance I'll share 😉

@AnneMCC Please do! I imagine it to be very feminine and maybe a little spicy? 

@natalie12 I can't wait!

I'm pretty excited about the fragrance! CT always kills it with the packaging so I know it will be really pretty 🙂

I just got the email about it- it says it's a micro brush with sculpting gel.  From the before and after photos, it appears to be tinted.

Thanks for the picture. The brush does look small. I have long eyebrows hairs so I don't know if this will be helpful for me. 

I like the looks of the brush, so I will probably try it. My brow are super thin, and most brushes aren't precise enough for me. Plus, I really like the mascara.

@Mochapj I feel like everyone is coming out with a brow gel. I might pass on this one. I need something to give me more definition. What do you think of it?

@natalie12 I'm not 100% sold on it.

Here's the promo photo - before on the left.

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 11.05.34 AM.png

Instant Look in a Palette is back in stock at Nordstrom in case you missed it.

Coming back to summarize my thoughts on the new mascara.

Basically, the TL;DR - I really like it.  

I've tried it several times, and I specifically wore it to work on Friday to see how it lasted through the sweaty, greasy heat of the kitchen.  It did so without getting messy, smudgy or flaky, which is pretty impressive, IMO.  

As I mentioned before, it is super black, which is great.  I don't think it's marketed as waterproof, but it is pretty sturdy and sort of tough to remove at the end of the day. If you accidentally get some on your lid or whatever, it is tricky to clean up.  

I've tried out both the 'wing lash' and 'doll lash' techniques that CT demonstrates in her promo video, and to be completely honest, I didn't really see too much of a difference between the two.

Overall, I really liked it, though.  If I had one (tiny) complaint, it would be that I didn't like how it doesn't hold a curl.  But otherwise, A+. 😉

Got the new mascara; so I tried it out last night

image.jpeg

I was watching her video how to make doll eyes and she was saying there's an ingredient to help lashes grow or at least nourish them? Or something?

Thanks! How do you like it compared to other mascaras? Is it better? Worse? I was debating whether or not I need this.  Well I don't need ANY mascara considering I have 15 unopened minis... 

@sabrinas I only tried it on last night; didn't wear it for long, so I don't have many impressions just yet.  I'm wearing it for real today though, so I'll come back and update.

first thoughts were that it is the blackest mascara I've ever used, and it doesn't make my lashes crunchy - they stayed very soft.

this morning I tried her suggested 'wing lash' technique with it, and other than repeatedly stabbing myself in the eye doing it, I like the results 😉

image.jpeg

How did it hold up throughout the day? Tempted to buy it but I heard it may smudge!

@jmore4 I didn't have any problems with it smudging, but I've seen quite a few people that did.

The only problem I had is if I accidentally got some on my lid while applying it, it was really hard to remove.  But as for wear throughout the day, I didn't have any flaking, smudging or anything like that.

I like how it elongates your lashes and doesn't look clumpy. Is it waterproof?  Thanks for posting! 

@TraceyEB I don't think it's waterproof, but it isn't easy to take off.

That's good to know! After seeing Lullesbelle wearing TF Waterproof Extreme Mascara, I ordered one (coming today).

Ohh thank you! Ok I think I'll be ordering this today, eeee, yay! Well, either this or one of the new YSL mascaras... Or both. Hmm.

6 Replies
testing