Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Great summary!  Sounds like a fun event, even if it was in an awkward venue.  Did you end up liking the brand more after?

Thanks @meganlisa! In general, not really but I got to check out more of the products than I had previously. The liners and color chameleon pencils seem really nice. Have you tried the brand?

@lipstick4soul I have.  I also went into a local Nordstrom that carries it.  The lipsticks are lovely; I like the mattes but the formula is inconsistent (I'm a sucker for creamy mattes).  I was iffy on the eyeshadows (shimmery, sometimes the whole palette) and the eye pencils wear an hour or two on me.  I do like the blush.  And I love the Norman Parkinson collection.  Adored it.

So, overall, I think the brand has some lovely products but is inconsistent.  So amazing you got to see/meet the founder herself!!!

It was an amazing opportunity!

Any thoughts on the new Magic Foundation? There are not a whole lot of shades, but it seems nice.

I watched a Thrift Thick video where she tested it for the whole day. She has really oily skin with dry acne patches, but it still looked really good on her the whole time.

I didn't love how it wore throughout the day - it had a few dry spots on my skin 😕 

With that being said, it was light and thin in consistency. And the light shades were fairly light and weren't terrible matches on me! So that's a plus.

Thanks lachaton! I was concerned about shade match. "Not terrible" isn't a selling statement haha. I'll probably stick to the million base products I already have. 

My apologies, @ShannonAlexis!  I actually did mean "not terrible" in a good way 😉 The two lightest shades were a tad too neutral-yellow for me but they were light (which impressed me, because the struggle is real). I'm just pretty pink 🙂 

If I was picking a shade, I'd go with the lightest. I think this is worth trying for you, if samples ever pop up again. I'm just not sure if these are the best fit for my skin.

Unsolicited lipstick swatches 

very victoria, walk of shame, Burkin brown, between the sheets, kiss chase, amazing grace, lost cherry, 1975 red, red carpet red

image.jpeg2404162

@fatimamummy 😉

Thank you @Mochapj 🙂 Do you own Marc Jacobs No angel ? How would it compare to very Victoria?

@fatimamummy I do.  I may already have a comparison.  Will check and get back to you 😉

Thank you 😘 @Mochapj

Kiss Chase and Lost Cherry ❤️

Walk of shame looks nice, I want to get Birkin Brown since I'm lacking an actual brown lipstick. 

BIrkin brown is a very intense dark brown. I returned mine because I looked like I had chocolate on my lips. Lol 

lol @natalie12 - that's actually what I love about it! 😄

@Mochapj Haha, I'm glad you can pull it off. I just get cravings for chocolate! 

Great swatches Mocha. I am kicking myself for not getting Between the Sheets.

@virgo87 was it LE?  I thought both of them were being added to the permanent lines...

@Mochapj They were LE as far as I know, as they were names picked by fans. They are no longer available on the CAD CT website.

testing