oklady2013

Let's start a positive thread: What is Sephora doing well?

I know some time we all vent our frustrations about Sephora and the positive can get lost in translation. So let's have a positive thread. I know I have. So let's answer the questions

What things do you like or love about Sephora? What are they doing well?

I've had great customer service from the VIB line.

Quick replacement of damaged items.

They have what is probably the largest selection of beauty items on the planet.. I LOVE having so many choices esp. of brands I can't find elsewhere.

Beauty Talk has been great for me.  

Very helpful mods on BT

Fabulous return policy.

What does every one else think?

bratknits

Re: Let's start a positive thread: What is Sephora doing well?

She meant calling, calling the police.  What she did to make said manicurist call the police should be a pretty juicy story... :smileywink:

lucyshnoosy

[ Edited ]

Yes, and wouldn't we just love to hear it?

hipquest

Leilani (hope I spelled it right), a Rouge CS that I have had the pleasure to talk to on the two times I've needed to call. Crazy that I got the same person!

Sephora in JCP, I had never been in one and took my niece this past weekend. They were awesome! The perks they had in-store were better than at my regular Sephora. Great service, so patient signing my niece up for BI.

Great selection but I will miss OPI.

The BI community, I've learned too much about too many products that I did not know I NEEDED!

sarinalove

- Really great customer service! I've only dealt with really nice and knowledgable sephora employees from day one. It also helps to know they do not work on commission so their suggestions are genuine.

- Really good return policy. I mean makeup is tricky and sometimes you come home and it really doesn't work and it's nice to know I can return or exchange it.

- Purchasing things online arrives pretty **bleep** fast!

- Variety of products and makeup brands...hello?! Tons of brands and products to choose from!

- Clean and organize stores

- Very helpful MODs who reply quick on BeautyTalk

ry22

Natural products- just the fact they have them, plus the filters and "What it's made without:" section

Beautytalk

Free shipping- I was looking at QVC at a $49 product, but it was over $60 with tax and shipping. Not cool

And more, but most have been said already...

missfawnie

I completely agree with everything here. BT is amazing, I love their website and stores and branding is awesome! And don't get me started on the free 3-day shipping and amazing return policy. 

But I also want to add the Rouge card!! I know I tend to get excited about thing easily, but oh my goodness. That card is gorgeous! It makes me so happy to shop every time I pull it out. 

I also love how they're continuing to add new brands. I would love it if they start selling more UK products, but I do love all of the new brands and the items that they've been adding. 

drrragon

haha i love my Rouge card too, it just makes me happy to see it in my wallet with my other (much more boring-looking) cards :smileyhappy:

drrragon

1. beautytalk times infinity!

2. best online experience in the industry, when I try browsing on other beauty online retailer sites I tend to get frustrated, their web designers are not as slick as Sephora's!

3. love the Q&A for each product, it's a brilliant way to capture useful feedback for customers who need help deciding whether to buy

4.  they're so good at branding....even though so many complain about the perks, etc, I still love shopping at Sephora just for the feel of it!  soooo much better than other online retailers.  and in RL, what's better than stepping into a big shiny Sephora with tons and tons of brands to play with?

properlylost

- I love the samples, it's helped me come across some products I might never have used otherwise.

- I've had pretty good customer service from them over the years. With online ordering I've only had a problem with getting the wrong point perk once and they refunded my points and gave me 100 extra ones for the trouble because it was out of stock after. And in store I've never had problems returning products that I had a bad reaction to or whatever, they've always been helpful with it.

- In store I've been recommended awesome stuff too, I got turned onto Urban Decay by some of the ladies in the Green Hills store near me which I'm definitely thankful for.

ChicDabbler

1. BeautyTalk - everything/one on here.

2. Fast shipping - 1wk shipping makes me impatient, 2wk+ shipping are excruciating now.

3. Swatch/samples

lecia1167

My Sephora ladies are awesome! They give great advice on products to fit your needs!

LCResz

BT

Samples (when they are actually sent :smileywink:)

BT

Fantastic mods and customer service

BT

So. Many. Perfumes.

BT

SirenPrincess

I love BT!  I love the free makeovers anytime for Rouge.

oklady2013

Oh yes, glossyguru,  the loves list & basket I also really love.

brittany0859 some of the 500 point perks look interesting but none have strongly called my name yet.  

marydiva

Best return policy of any store ever, hands down

FREE SAMPLES!!!

Great rewards program 

Point perks!

Helpful staff

Online and in-store 

glossyguru

I love that I can keep a loves list and items in my cart without them disappearing if I exit out. I hate when they disappear on other websites, I'm just like, "excuse me I wasn't finished!" But that's not the only thing. Of course I love BT and everyone on it, I have always felt so welcome here and am so grateful to be a hall of farmer (as of yesterday if you hadn't noticed) and so much amazing beauty discussions happen here! And it's also great to talk to people who are interested in beauty, none of my friends are and it's nice to talk about it with people. I also like how Sephora has lots of different brands. Since there's no Ulta near me, I would have virtually no way to get high end makeup (besides department store counters, which are very intimidating and not so friendly to teens like me). And I mean, no matter how many bad experiences I have or how many orders I hear get lost, I'll keep coming back because I mean, it's Sephora! Thanks so much for posting this oklady!

brittany0859

This was such a good idea! I really don't have many complaints about Sephora because they have so many good things.

Return policy is amazing

Mostly very friendly and helpful employees

Large selection of items and brands

Beauty talk is awesome

Free samples

Point perks (although the 500s could be better)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 90 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • anaa
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • drrragon
    • ry22