Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@veronika23

Wonder why so many colours look exactly like each other.

Just Push Play and Starwoman

Starwoman and Don't Stop

Just What I need and Slow Ride and similar if not close

American Woman and Walk this Way

I am surprised in the similarity of shades within the same collection.  

@greenchilli  yeah I wonder. The differences are very subtle. I wonder how much that comes into play once they are on the lips... by that I mean, with lets say my lip coloring, could one color look better vs the other even though they look almost the same... you know. That very subtle undertone in the color could possibly make a difference. 🤔🤔🤔

425a7945-e8c2-4f4e-bfa6-f917b6eff1ef.jpeg

Names and swatches from Spektra!

• Wild Night - Van Morrison (although I'm in the middle of a discussion of whether it might be John Mellencamp. We don't think it is John, though.)
  • Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
  • Rock With You- Michael Jackson
  • Low Rider - War
  • Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley
  • Under My Thumb - Rolling Stones
  • Light My Fire - The Doors
  • Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac OR (Don't Stop Believin') - Journey
  • Just Push Play - Aerosmith
  • Starwoman - (Starman) David Bowie
  • Give It Up - (Got to Give It Up) - Marvin Gaye
  • Warm Leatherette - The Normal, covered by Grace Jones
  • London Calling - The Clash
  • Save the Queen - (God Save the Queen) Sex Pistols
  • Done It Again - (I've Done It Again?) Marianne Faithful, covered by Grace Jones
  • Get It On (Let's Get It On) - Marvin Gaye OR (Bang a Gong (Get It On)) - T-Rex
  • Slow Ride - Foghat
  • Walk This Way - Aerosmith
  • American Woman - The Guess Who (probably not Lenny lol)
  • Just What I Needed - The Cars

These look pretty!!! I think bite is coming out with new ones too it will be hard to choose haha

Wow these look so different that the other swatches and not for the better 😞

Where are the great purples from the other swatches ? Sad....

It would be a great perk if you got this list of songs in a digital play book with purchase. A great way to educate the younger generation to what great music sounds like. 

Spoiler
I also vote for Van Morrison over Mellancamp

I'm also voting for Van Morrison over Mellancamp. I don't know, I think VM seems more plausible (if we're pretending NARS himself actually chose these, which TBH I don't think he did) than Mellancamp does.

I wish he did, I'd want to raid his record collection if so...

my vote is van morrison.

i also think 'don't stop' is likely fleetwood mac, not journey ? 

done it again was a cover grace jones did of marianne faithful. 

i'm not entirely convinced 'get it on' is marvin gaye over t-rex but maybe. i just feel like marc bolan is particularly on-brand !

I agree with the Van Morrison.

I didn't even think of Fleetwood Mac! No idea why.

Yes! I did notice that (I actually had to google that one so I wasn't 100%)

I'd still like to disagree with it being T-Rex, despite my love of them and Get It On being half of the song name. Maybe it's because Bang a Gong is the main title part so I'm stuck on that? I'm actually a bit torn between the two ever since you mentioned it. Marc Bolan is definitely on brand! That I will forever agree with haha

they've taken liberties with some of the titles (knocking off words, 'starwoman') so i don't think it would be too weird for them to use the parenthesis part of the title (maybe a copyright thing ? who knows). plus marvin is already represented ! but i don't think it really matters -- just as i don't think them choosing two songs that grace jones happened to cover is a coincidence either ! (because she's the REAL DEAL).

I figured since I saw a few doubles that it might be Marvin again haha, but I agree with you. (Still sad I missed Grace live last year, I deserve punishment)

Does anyone know if the bord De plage palette will be available on Nars's website? It is sold out at Nordstrom.

@Ashletta216 I'm not allowed to say much on this but let's just say you should just keep checking the website for when it does reappear... I put the palette in my wishlist before it went "out of stock" so I can keep tabs on it easier. If you want to search for it and do the same, the item number is: 5407202.

Will do. Thank you.

@Ashletta216 I don't know for sure, but the Pop collection was first offered at Nordstrom and then did appear on the Nars direct several months later (available now!) and the Charlotte Gainsbourg Collection dropped early a couple of days on Nordies, then disappeared, then showed as "sold out" then reappeared available. So keep stalking 🙂

I certainly will and certainly hope that's the case. Thanks.

Hopefully it will be on Nars/Sephora direct soon.  I'm having hard time to say no to this palette

@blackkitty2014 @Ashletta216 typically when a product has become available at a specific retailer but not on NARS direct, that means it's a retailer exclusive.

They don't generally release to a retailer first and then on their own website.

I hope they find some more. But, I thought the shadow sticks went along with the palette. I never saw them. So hopefully, this palette will make another apperance. But if not, I guess I just saved 60 dollars. Thanks.

@Ashletta216 it's possible that Nordies released it early accidentally.  

When I google the product page on Nordstrom it does say this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.55.10 AM.png

so hopefully it will come back for those who wanted it.

testing