Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Thanks @KMariel!

These seem to be coming out much sooner than I expected.

From what I can make out of the blurry writing, it looks like:

Slow Ride, London Calling, Walk This Way, Under My Thumb, Get It On

Warm Leatherette, Save the Queen, Low Rider, Give It Up, Get Up Stand Up

Again with the song name references 😄

And looks like that brochure says 20 shades?

@Mochapj Makes sense as there looks to be 20 swatches?

@KMariel Thanks! I love the purples and that random coral with the purples!

PLEASE if anyone knows the shade names of these two can you let me knowNars.jpg before the app release 🙂

That whole hand of colors is calling my name. So pretty.

I'll write the names of the shades I can see down for everyone, and the artist I THINK they are by (some of the names are cut short so it could be something other than what I took from my memory). 

Slow Ride - Foghat

London Calling - The Clash

Walk This Way - Aerosmith

Under My Thumb - The Rolling Stones

Get it On - Marvin Gaye (Let's Get it On?)

Warm Leatherette - The Normals/Grace Jones (Thanks @jemly)

Save the Queen - Sex Pistols (God Save the Queen?)

Low Rider - War

Give It Up - Marvin Gaye (Got to Give It Up?)

Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley

FYI all - I was in a Nars boutique last week and one of the SAs told me they are discontinuing the Pure Matte lipstick line as of June 2017.  I'm personally really sad to see the Pure Mattes go - they were one of my favorite Nars offerings :((((  I wonder what they'll be replaced with?

@jeveux i'm so sad to hear this ! i love that range. wholly underrated during the matte lip craze. thanks for the heads up.

In case anyone is curious about prices on the Floral Redux gifting collection, I found these listed on a Singaporean site!  Unsure whether these prices will translate exactly to the US but it doesn't seem like a bad assumption?

Spoiler
Angel Pride cheek palette - $110narsfloralredux1.PNG
Spoiler
Mustang & Tribulation velvet matte lip pencil sets - $90 each
narsfloralredux2.PNGnarsfloralredux3.PNG
Spoiler
Fox Dancer mini multiples coffret - $70
narsfloralredux4.PNG

I bought the liquid blush in Luster yesterday and wanted to say that this is such a beautiful colour! If I wanted a true natural blush, this is the one. I never thought pinks really looked "natural" on me (they make great blush colours of course that I have many of!).

I have never used liquid blush before and will be experimenting over the next little while to see what the best way to apply is.

Today I put one tiny pump on the tip of my finger and made 3 dots along each cheek bone. I tried blending with a blush brush (Charlotte Tilbury) as well as fingers. I think next time I might try fingers first then buff out with brush as it looked a tiny bit splotchy today.

I have bronzer on in this photo as well (Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil)

IMG_1387.JPG

Thank you @TamTam01 @katgoulding @Anewxa @jemly @blackkitty2014!

BEAUTIFUL!  @k617

Again, you look gorgeous! I love the way orangey tones look on you 🙂 

Wow you look so bronzey and pretty! The blush goes so well with out loud! Do you think the blush will work well with a beauty blender @k617?

I don't see why not? It should work, beautyblender does have a blusher blender too right? I think as long as you make sure your sponge is saturated and squeezed out properly, it should work well! 

@k617 you look beautiful, and i think luster was made for you. you did a great job ! as a rule i always recommend at least trying NARS products (as far as liquids and creams go, at least) with fingers, as i've noticed that's what their own artists so often use themselves !

I applied with fingers first today then buffed with a brush and it worked much better!

Thx you!!! I've been waiting a review from BT on the liquid blushes 😉  You look beautiful.  I want to get Luster but now i also want Torrid. Ugh! 

Sabrina at thebeautylookbook has all her review up of the new Orgasm collection and ugh --- everything is beautiful!

IMG_2310.PNGIMG_2306.PNGIMG_2305.PNG

The mini multiples are adorable 😄

1 Reply
testing