Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

so i got the 'rue allent' velvet eyeshadow duo from the charlotte gainsbourg collab. i know some people have had mixed experiences with it, but i love it !! they're definitely soft and more sheer than the usual formula, but this is the intended effect. i'm rather heavy handed (i love an opaque blackened racoon eye, really!), so this is a refreshing addition to my collection. it looks very chic on the lid--smokey yet understated (very charlotte gainsbourg).

pics are under artificial light.

rueallentjpg

i would describe the dark side more of a black with green undertones (as opposed to blue or red). one swipe swatches:

rueallentswatches.jpg

Love love love. I can't wait for my order to arrive!

Oh that is a beauty of a shade!!!!  It's so smokey looking just in the swatch!!! I need to scour my eyeshadows to make sure I don't have something like this already first but oh my!!!!  

Jem, that green's gotta look killer on you. I wish it stayed green-colored on me!

This duo feels so you Jem.  I can't wait to see it on!  

@jemly I agree with you too! I think it is so so pretty for a more translucent look which I love for eyes and lips, all of it. I wish the shadow lasted a bit longer tho I do anchor it with Nars creme shadow as a primer but I just love this entire collection and bought backups good grief. Lol Thinking I prob have to try the other eye duo as well. Face glow, eye liner, lip and cheek tints which I use on lip too over the lip tint! Wish it was permanent! 😢

How's that white shade working for you?  I love NARS, and I'm a sucker for olive and blackened greens.  (I have so many olive shadows and liners that I don't want to think about it.  I'm wearing Nudestix Queen Olive as I write this!). But I don't wear white.  I think it's too harsh.  I mean, I own 1 white shirt and zero white socks, sneakers or undies!  So I'm fascinated by the green but can't imagine I'd EVER use the white.  Is it worth trying?

I realize I need to find someone who wants the white but not the green so we can split the duo, because this happens to me a lot with NARS duos/palettes.  We need a matching service for people who only want one shade!

hi @Askenjuri ! well, i've only had this for 24 hours; today i wore mostly the dark side while putting just a hint of the white side on my inner corner and a little bit as a cheek highlight. but one thing i've learned from the nars duos is how well they layer brilliantly on top of one another (rather than blending certain colors in certain sections). i haven't tried it yet, but i intend to try putting the white on top of the black/green for a glossy sheen. i'll try it soon. i anticipate it will work out well but i'll report back !

That is a good idea!  Can't wait to see it.  Thanks!

@Askenjuri hope ok to chime in ☺️I think the white is also very sheer and is a pretty wash of highlight on the lid, so pretty on its own with a strong lip or as @jemly said over other colors for a glossy effect. It's not jarring at all rather a translucent, flattering wash. That's just my take. 🙂 

Another swatch of the orgasm lipstick

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 5.36.29 PM.png

These are live now on NARS website!

multiple shades of liquid blush coming

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 5.34.28 PM.png

These look so pretty!! I love the pump packaging.

These look amazing. I can't tell from the photo, but it sort of looks like there isn't as much sparkle in the liquid version of orgasm.

I just noticed that Liquid Orgasm (ew?) is already available as a sample choice at Nordstroms online

I'm really liking the look of the Dolce Vita one! It would be a nice fall/winter blush. 

These look lovely, but liquid blushes just never work out for me 😕

what a SURPRISE ! orgasm looks lighter and less corally here ? not just in that swatch but in the bottle, here, too. hmmmmm.

i'm apparently a huge sucker for frosted glass packaging.

Torrid looks really lovely. I'm not sure I can justify any more liquid/cream blushes though with my RdF and Glossier collection growing monthly haha.

9 Replies
testing