Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

So these are not exact dupes, but because I don't tend to wear blue shadow, these are close enough for me. Nars DI Arcturus, Giove, and the blue from Viseart Dark Matte. There are probably some more, but I'm in my warm, comfy bed, and my eyeshadows are all the way across the room ... 😄 @njattana

Thanks @TKLJ

Another question, you mentioned fallout but was that just in application or did you have issues while wearing it as well?

@njattana Application only. I can't recall any problems while wearing it. I wear UDPP, if that helps give a point of reference. 

That helps thanks! 

I was just about to pick up Old Church, so I really appreciate your thoughts, @TKLJ! I think I can safely pass. I'm sure I have dupes anyways 🙂 and if the formula isn't different or spectacular, I'm less interested. 

IMG_20170427_112759.jpg

Hit pan (and THEN SOME) on shade IV from the Sarah Moon Give in Take palette already! I would probably otherwise feel accomplished, but now I am kind of sad I did this to this awesome LE palette......

I love that you love your palette so much you've hit pan!  Hitting pan on anything makes me so excited!  It means you spent your money well!   Besides, we can help you find the perfect dupe once you've reached critical levels:) 

I come here just for this picture. 🙂 Dont be sad.  It is well loved.  What good would it be if a good palette just sitting there and collect dust? I want to do that with all my loved items actually 😉

@KatieKabamyou know what i love more than a perfectly curated and designed makeup item ? a much loved and used perfectly curated and designed makeup item !

i totally understand the resistance to using LE things, they feel precious and why would we want to, essentially, destroy preciosity ? but we live once, and i find it rather tragic to leave things unused for the sake of sentimentality. enjoy !!!!!! ❤️

You are so right! I tend to try to preserve them but like you said, for what?! Need to use those babies up 😄 

This palette was definitely well worth your money @KatieKabam

Thank you, @jemly, for the positive perspective! You are so right.

51GCnpIbO+L._UX425_.jpg

@KatieKabam - love that movie!

And definitely no regrets - I love that you have loved and used this palette!  I'm always too afraid to use my limited edition items, which is silly - I should enjoy them!  🙂

Beautiful palette.  That shade would be the one to go first for me too.  Looks like a nice, buttery, all over neutral.

I would like to buy a replacement to the highlight included in my steve klein palette ? Do you know the name of the highlight ? I am sorry, but i am not able to upload a picture of my palette. Thank you for your help 🙂

Hi @missjulied, it depends which palette you mean. The highlight in the One Shocking Moment palette (7 pans) is one half of the Paloma contour duo, which is permanent. The highlight in the Despair palette (4 pans) is Nico, which is also permanent. Hope this helps!

Thank you @LolliLove! I have the One Shocking Moment palette. I really appreciate your help!

FYI, I just saw the display at the Newport Sephora (although they didn't have any actually product).  It looks like Sephora is only getting two of the lip tint, two multiples, two eyeliners, the shadows and ONE shade of the hydrating glow tint (in fair at that).

Does anyone have any tips for making Sheer Glow last longer? My usual various methods just can't get it to last longer than 4-5 hours on my skin before it gets patchy. For reference my skin type is dry/combo.

I've tried various layers/combos of LM powder, UD all nighter spray, TF hangover, Hourglass Mineral Veil, CoverFX setting powder, fingers versus brush versus beautyblender......

Any HG application tips out there?

Also decided to see how the red ones compare to Cote Basque sheer pop.

(beverly Hills is the old formula of multiple tint)

IMG_0198.JPG

@MochapjThank you so much!! Wow, I'm really enamoured with how all of the new Multiple Tints look on your skin. *__* Now I want all three... I must stop myself, haha.

1 Reply
testing