Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

oops forgot to post here too - Orgasm lipstick - May 15th

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 6.34.43 PM.png

For some reason I thought this already existed but I must be thinking of the gloss

So I went to Sephora today to try to find a dupe for my Paloma highlighter in my Steve Klein palette (i still have plenty of bronzer) The Sale associate told me it doesn't exist. Is this really the case? I would like to find a white and not too gliterry highlighter. Thank you !

It comes together in the paloma contour palette. It's a duo.

@missjulied it's not sold as a single of just the highlighter.  It's included in this product:

http://www.sephora.com/contour-blush-P386664?keyword=nars%20paloma&skuId=1614031&country_switch=ca&_...

checkout tjmax website...they just added nars contour palettes..you might find it there too!

@Mochapj @v0ltagekid Oh! Do you know a highlighter that would be similar? I don't need the other part of the duo. Thank you for your help.

@missjulied here's a dupe list from Temptalia (link altered so it won't get deleted):

http://www dot temptalia.com/makeup-dupe-list/nars-cosmetics-contour-blush-highlighter/paloma-highlight/

Hopefully one of these will be what you're looking for.

Thank you for your help 🙂

I only see some of the items from the Charlotte Gainsbourg Collection showing up, I wonder if that means Sephora won't be getting the entire line? I'm dying to try the glow tint and the multiple I wanted is not listed! Mysteriously, the entire line was available on Nordstrom yesterday, but as of this morning, it's not even coming up in a search...

On Sephora Canada, I see all the items except for one of the Kohliners (the grey one) currently listed! Hopefully the US Sephora site will have them all up by now too? 

Only a handful of items are coming to the store.  I've seen the display at two Sephoras now and it's about 2/3s of the collection.  It look like the hydrating glow tint will be coming to stores, but only in the lightest shade.

Ahhh, the Charlotte Gainsborg collection is supposed to be releasing for real today, correct? (May 1) Really hoping it does come online (and on Sephora.ca too), I've already whittled my list down to three items from the collection I really want.

I'm waiting too! I see that it's up on the Nordstrom site, but still MIA here on sephora...booo

@concreteroads yes, it's supposed to be.  

It's also available at the Bay already, FYI

@MochapjThanks for the tip! I might pick it up at the Bay, but it looks like they're already sold out of some of the collection items online. 😞 If I end up buying it from The Bay/Nordstrom, I will probably do so in person. For now I'm aiming for Sephora to get the points + Ebates cashback!

@concreteroads  If you can wait until Wednesday, Nordstrom is having their triple points event thru until the weekend.  They are confirmed to carry the complete line.  Counters also have gifts with purchases.  Let me know if you need a good referral.  Good luck with your makeup hunting!

A dupe question from a fellow NARS fan.  I love the copper shade in the Chiangmai Mai duo, but utterly loathe the turquoise shade.  So I won't get it, but I figure the copper is pretty dupable.  Any suggestions, makeup mavens?

Off the top of my head, and sticking with Nars, St-Paul-de-Vence, Hammamet, Alhambra, and Nepal. And probably a few more—Nars really seems to like this color. Temptalia should have more dupes and comparison swatches. @Askenjuri

I was able to snag the two NxCG shadows during the spring sale, so I thought I'd add my two cents. Unfortunately, I don't have photos because it's been too overcast to take good ones.

Old Church Street: I was surprised at how powdery this was, and how much fallout it had, especially the blue. I had to go back with a q-tip and clean blue shadow speckles off my face. However, on the plus side, it's very blendable, which can be difficult with some dark colors. The copper is nice, but dupeable, and while I like the blue, I have similar enough shades that I don't need this one as well. However, I like the blue in Old Church Street much more than I like the green in Rue Allant, so I'm more tempted to keep this one.

Rue Allant: Again, the shadows (especially the green) were powdery and had fallout. I don't know if this is because of the different formula—if it's a flaw of the formula, or if I'm packing too much on my brush—but I'm not impressed. Speaking of the new formula, while I do find this and Old Church Street to apply smoothly and blend well, I wouldn't have been able to tell you that they're different from the regular Nars shadows. They're a hint silkier, but just as some of the regular shadows apply smoother, I thought these were the same. I'm disappointed that the green looks like a dusty gray on me. I've checked Temptalia and MBB, and I think it's just my undertones affecting the color. I barely see any green when it's on my eyelids. I don't like gray shadow, so while I liked the frosty white (nice, but also very dupeable), I will return this.

TL;DR: I'm disappointed in the formula (powdery and fallout) and the colors (dupeable or not true-to-pan on my skintone), so I will be returning both of these. I like Old Church Street more than Rue Allant, but not enough to keep it.

Hey @TKLJ what dupes do you have/recommend for the blue one? I dont think I have anything like it but if I can find a cheaper/better quality dupe...

Temptalia's dupes I found were either LE themselves or too off 

testing