Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@Mochapj wow you can REALLY see the difference in the formula here ! hooray !

Is Sephora selling the NARS Sarah Moon Holiday 2016 Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set again? I found 6~7 of them at my local Sephora today.

Swatches of the new multiple tints @concreteroads

IMG_0138.JPG

@Mochapj I'm sure it's somewhere in here - but when is this collection available?  I'm REALLY loving these multiples!

@Mariahk83 it's already out at NARS online and their counters.

It launches elsewhere on May 1st, but if you're friendly with a NARS Bay counter, you may be able to get them before then 🙂

I am really thinking Alice is different enough from Jeanette that I need that one too! It is gorgeous. Jo seems very similar to Motu Tane that I also picked up from Pop the Easel Collection so I will pass on that one.  Really hoping Nars continues with the Multiple tints.. 

@blushnglow I was curious if that was why I liked Jo so much (because I LOVE Motu Tane)

IMG_0170.JPG

There are some similarities in shade, though Jo is brighter and MT is paler and shimmery.

I think since this is the second time NARS is releasing Multiple Tints (there was a collection of 3 for summer 2010) it's possible they will bring them back again at some point. I don't think the 2010 ones were well received (personally I found them like Chapstick on my face; so sticky) but these new ones seem like a big improvement, texture-wise.

I'd really love it if they expanded the Sheer Pop range 😊

Anonymous Insider

Wow. I think Alice needs to come home with me. I've been loving exhibit A for a natural flush, but it's easy to overdo. I'm hoping this will be slightly more forgiving!

Alice and Jeanette are gorgeous!

@Mochapj how do you like it? How is the texture? Does it blend easily? I've discovered that my skin looks better with a cream blush than with a powder one, and I've been wanting to try this one, or wait for the summer release of the liquid ones. Thanks!

@YoiFran On my arm they blend really nicely; the sticks are very, very soft and I can feel my body heat melting them a bit on contact.

i will be trying it on my face today and will let you know. I personally don't love cream blushes but I find most iterations of the multiples dry enough to work with my oily skin.

Hey guys, a quick question. How do you find All Day   foundation differ from Sheer Glow? Which one would you recommend more for combination skin? Also, does Velvet Matte Tint provide good oil control and coverage?

Most of the CG summer collab appears to be up at the bay, FYI 

The Bay in Laval is also hosting an event today. MUA said they were GWPs specific to Nars and general drawings for the whole department.  Most of the CG collection was avail but she didn't go into specific ones. I'm not sure if this is true nationwide. 

Anonymous Insider

I received my 2 pro brushes (small brightener and regular? brightener)! After the first use, I like them both, but especially the small brightener brush. It is so perfect for highlighting. Both kinda look like a writing tool. I think I'd use the larger brightener brush for finish/setting powder (and then my Tom Ford blush brush loses its purpose). I always prefer pointed dome brushes (like this one). I "think" the bristle is softer than TF brushes. Don't know why. 

And the CG collection isn't up anymore; it appears it was put up by mistake too early. For those that were able to place orders before it was taken down, let us know if your orders still ship.

FYI, a lot of the Charlotte collection is up on Sephora (just in time for the sale), despite this Nars email I got saying it would be Nars exclusive until May 1.

http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=charlotte%20gainsbourg&mode=all

@Mochapj @trishavt @KMariel I was able to order the two shadow duos late last night before everything disappeared, so let's hope Sephora honors the order.

@TKLJ My order was honored and I received it yesterday.  Hopefully you will get yours too.

@blushnglow Thanks for letting me know! Neither of my orders (including the Nars x CG one that I placed moments after the sale started) have shipped yet, so I'm still a bit wary.

@TKLJ I wondered about that too and I got mine the other day so I'm sure you will also! Woohoo! So pretty. Love the shadows, blush and lip!! Bet I loved your Besame red lip the other day! Gorg!😘

I just got my shipping notice, so yay! And thank you for the kind words, @Sunnysmom! 🙂

1 Reply
testing