Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

We need to discuss the Unfiltered 2 blush palette.

I purchased this online after seeing people rave about NARS blushes everywhere, and when it arrived it swatched terribly. However, I was willing to give it another chance due to the fact that i spent 50 dollars on it.

Lo and behold! It's gorgeous on the skin! My everyday go to, plus golden sands makes a killer highlight.

@TayllorM, I'm glad you like it! The first brush I used did not work well with it so I didn't think much, but when I went back with a different brush and it worked so much better! I'm so glad I did that. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

I had the same experience! A fluffier brush I normally use didn't apply the colour well, but I went back in with a denser brush and it applied beautifully. 

IMG_1674.PNG

The swatches @Vineetha mentioned from Makeupandbeautyblog

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.35 PM.png

@Mochapj

I like the idea of this collection a lot!  I have my eye on Alice, Jeanette, a Glow Tint (if I can find more swatches of all shades), and Blindfold.

I don't wear NARS Velvet matte lip colours as I find them drying.  But Blindfold is so beautiful, I might make an exception.

I'm curious about the glow tints but I KNOW I'm going to be somewhere in between Light and Medium, what a weird jump...

@malday

I am very interested in the Glow Tints as well.  It is the type of product I would get plenty of use out of.   I am not sure if I could use a Medium, or I might need the Medium-dark (or perhaps in between).

I wonder why PR packages did not include the Medium-Dark tint.  I have found plenty of swatches of the 3 glow tints, but not the darkest one.  

@greenchilli This is actually from the Nars site itself and you may have seen it, but given the Glow Tints page won't load for me via the site right now, may be worth a shot. (Pure white background either very helpful or not helpful at all.)upload_4765372032550151205.jpg

@kathmb

I saw that picture as well - some blog had captured it.  Thanks for sharing. 🙂

The #3 looks too light, and #4 looks a bit dark for me.  I am sure since these are tinted creams that they would accommodate a wide shade range.  I just not sure if my shade will be covered by #3 or #4.

If there were reviews by folks with deeper tones, I could have an idea...

Honestly, I'm pretty convinced at this point that the Medium-Dark was a last minute addition when they realized that it wasn't on-brand for Nars to have no darker colors. No bloggers seem to have it and all the promo shots show three bottles of the Hydrating Glow Tint, not four.

@tamikat I've been wondering if it's because the product is so sheer that it barely shows up at all on the lighter bloggers I've seen.  If it barely shows on them, what hope is there it would show up on a darker complexion.

In the past I haven't seen NARS working with many darker skinned bloggers.  I wonder why that is...?

So thanks to @veronika23 tip off I was able to do some digging on Temptalia's site to find out what the Gainsbourg collab is made up of.

Looks like there are a few new product categories, and an old one returning;

- the gloss looking items are called 'lip tints'

- there is a 'hydrating glow tint' (not shown in her swatches, yet)

- the multiple tints from years ago have made a return, it seems

- the eyeshadow duos are labeled as 'velvet eyeshadow' 

This collection has a lot of new formulations, it seems 😮

@Mochapj Karen from makeupandbeautyblog has the whole details , swatches and review of the collection up! The brush set is apparently priced at 175 and the new skin tints are available in 4 shades!

Ouch! That's a pricy brush set 😮

Thanks Vineetha!

@Mochapj But look at those marble handles! 😭

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but BT won't let me get past page 2 of this thread 😩

For those who have gotten the new NARSissist fully loaded eyeshadow palette--how are you liking it? I'm lusting after it, but the first narsissist palette a few years back was really disappointing 😞

I just purchased this so I will let you know how I like it! the palette looks gorgeous so hopefully pigmentation is good. 

Yes! Let me know. I just need one more good review before I pull the trigger 🙂

From Temptalia - NARS Charlotte Gainsbourg collection

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.30.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.26.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.27.08 PM.png

I have my eye on Blindfold and Old Church Street

3 Replies
testing