Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

this is just such a chic collection. kind of a missed opportunity to not call it (or something in it) 'la collectionneuse' !!!

Spoiler
I collect many things
And keep them all close to me
To the ceiling from the floor
I'm tripping on them constantly

Pixelated faces play
On the blown out TV screen
Footage from a camera,
These days I'm fast-forwarding

I see a pattern start to form
Over time it's surfacing
Like a face I recognize
It never says anything

I add up all these moments
In a long narrow ledger
Decimals of pain
Integers of pleasure

The sum of all these parts
I don't know how to measure
They keep on adding up
They just keep on adding up

The collector, la collectioneuse

J'ai cueilli ce brin de bruyere
L'automne est morte souviens-t'en
Nous ne nous verrons plus sur terre
Odeur du temps brin de bruyere
Et souviens-toi que je t'attends

J'ai eu le courage de regarder en arriere
Les cadavres de mes jours

Que lentement passent les heures
Comme passe un enterrement
Tu pleureras l'heure ou tu pleures
Qui passera trop vitement
Comme passe toutes les heures.

Et toi mon coeur pourquoi bats-tu?
Comme un guetteur melancolique
J'observe la nuit et la mort

Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure
Les jours s'en vont je demeure

@jemly And now I have AF607105 stuck in my head. 🙂 (The opening chords of 5:55 are so relaxing.)

This is why I lurve you

Interesting that the multiples are all multiple 'tints' and the lip gloss looking products are something new called 'lip tints'

I didn't think that formula did particularly well the last time they released it so I hope they've improved it.

@Mochapj my first thought was i wonder how they'll work with the most mysterious products of the collection: the glow tints ? WHAT ARE THEY I NEED TO KNOWWWWWWWWW

I think I missed the conversation on the pop goes the easel spring collection which I think is Nordies exclusive for U.S but did it come to Canada at all and is it also available at our Nordies or coming to another retailer? I wanted to pick up a couple of the sheer multiples. 

@Anewxa This whole collection is available at Nordstrom eaton centre ( So it must be up at Yorkdale as well) . I picked Cote Basque other day. Let me know if you need contact information of a SA.

Another photo of the Gainsbourg collab courtesy of makeupandbeauty blog. Comes out 4/15 at Nars and 5/1 elsewhere

IMG_9452.PNG 

Anonymous Insider

I love the NARS orgasm products.

IMG_1544.PNG

😲 wow, I was not expecting brushes. What an interesting looking set. Thanks @KMariel!

More photos of the Gainsbourg collab

IMG_9305.PNGIMG_9306.PNGIMG_9307.PNGIMG_9309.PNG

Thanks, @Mochapj! I think I'm in trouble with this one...I love the eyeshadow duo on the left.

Dates for the NARS x Charlotte Gainsbourg - Summer 2017

April 15th - Nars

May 1st - Sephora

The bottle below is called hydrating glow tint

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 2.33.44 PM.png

Hey guys, quick question for NARS lovers:

I've been using one of the NARS dual-intensity blushes and I've noticed that it hasn't really added any color to my skin. Today when I saw it in sunlight, I realized that it looked like glitter had been poured on my cheek. What kinds of brushes do you use with the DI blushes, and how dense would you recommend that the brush be?

@KellW

I wore the NARS DI blush all week - from the Sarah Moon palette.

I use an Eco Tools dual fiber brush.  It does exactly what I want it to do - I find it ideal.  I swirl it around with a medium pressure in product and buff it into my cheeks lightly.  I have no complaints.

I have a back up of this brush too.  I might have a picture somewhere (of my cheeks I mean).

A beautyblender woks well with dual intensity blushes (since they are wet/dry format)

@KellW

Which blush are you using? I wouldn't necessarily describe most of them as glittery, unless they're being used wet which definitely makes them more metallic.

as for brushes, the DI brush that Nars sells (which I use for some of the firmer ones) is a round, flat head, tightly packed and the size of a quarter or so. The small size is due to it needing to fit into the dual pans, but the denseness of the brush helps to pick up a decent amount of product.

except for the softer ones (some of mine have a firmer press than others) which I can use a fluffier brush, I always use a dense, scratchier brush for best results.

Is that the nars wet dry brush?

@Mochapj I have the DI blush in Frenzy. Either way, I'll try a firmer brush tomorrow when applying it. Thanks!

testing