Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@KMariel, I wonder how close is this palette to Viseart's Warm Matte.  I've been eyeing the Warm Matte ever since it came out...now this palette too?? My low-buy 2017 is definitely in jeopardy...

IMG_9895.JPGJust wanted to say that the Nars velvet lip glide is the best formula I've ever tried holy grail level. Super pogmented one swipe does the job non sticky and it doesn't move, with other liquid lipsticks I feel the product move and slide from upper to lower lip and to the corners of my lips and inner lip rim it drives me crazy!!! None of that happens with the Nars velvet lip glide I forgot I was wearing it! It faded beautyfully just lost the shine after 4 hours but you could still see the color. Next sephora 20 off I'm getting a lot of shades!!! Better yet Nars please release sets of minis on this formula 😊

That is super pretty on you! 

Thank you! @starsandbucks this is a new favorite for sure

Looks great on you.  What color is this, please?

Thanks @spikeorrn this shade is Bound I was lucky enough to find one of the minis up for trade. Some Sephora stores had them as a reward for 100 points but not my store, I would spend all my points on these minis!! 😂

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for a dupe for NARS Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer.

I couldn't find it while shopping at the VIB ROUGE event and realized it was discontinued, likely to make room for the new three primer formulas. I swatched all three and none appear to be the same consistency as the old pro prime primer. It was my absolute favorite primer to use under makeup for a nice natural smooth finish before foundation and to hydrate my dry skin and cover any dry flakes. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 🙂

Holy wow these highlighters are freaking gorgeous. So smooth and pigmented! They definitely lean warm though (unsurprising, NARS tends to do that), so if you are fair and cool toned, I probably wouldn't recommend them. I will try to do some cheek swatches this weekend, since my arm doesn't quite match my face...  But I can't wait to wear them. Embruns (the rose gold) is killing me right now. 

As the cat tries in sneak in...

NARSFingers.JPG

NARSArm.JPG

I caved! Really looking forward to this! Thank you for the swatches @alexasteph They look beautiful!

@alexasteph Thank you for posting. Do you happen to own the Becca Champagne Glow Trio? (Jaclyn Hill) I believe it was from 2 years ago.

Do you think this Nars palette is similar to the Becca Trio? Thank you in advance

@friedrice I don't have the Becca trio, but I have Champagne Pop. When I get my life together I want to swatch this against other highlighters in my collection, but I think some of the Becca ones might be similar. Honestly though, these are way nicer.

@alexasteph thank you. I think I want this palette now! >.< hope they release a new promo code soon!

Wow so pretty, thanks for the swatches..I wasn't really looking to pick this up but now 💸😮

They are gorgeous! I wore Embruns today and was 😍

Here are some unsolicited swatches of the Unfiltered palettes on my skintone:

Spoiler
16228559_1103950163065431_4951286750354866176_n.jpg

@jesscheems you got both too? so did i! they're amazing aren't they?? so pretty 😄

Ya I got them as soon as they came out last year! I've been reaching for them over my other blush palettes and the powders are so nicely pigmented and blendable. I've been really happy with both purchases! Even with my skintone the lighter shades still work and look really nice! @flyte 

@jesscheems I wish they still had the unfiltered 1 in stock ... 😞

Oh no! I hope it comes back in stock. I know The Bay in Canada also carries them. @kromance

@jesscheems Nars direct still has them! Now im contemplating if i should get the lighter one too. Im around the same skin tone as you - does UnfilteredII show up good or is it barely noticeable? Lemme know mama!

@kromance Surprisingly it did show up!! I posted some swatches above. Aaandd believe it or not, the lightest shade (conquest) did show up on my cheeks and looked really sophisticated. I remember oohing and aahing over it. I don't have a proper picture for you though =( And Hot Sand is such a pretty highlight!!! If you don't mix conquest with a deeper contour you might be happier with the overall look (hello captain obvious right?! :P).. What tones of blushes are you into?

Edit: And I have a video of me blabbing about both palettes on YT if you care to see it!

testing