Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

NARS names never bother me.  And I really don't have a problem repeating them to strangers or family.

However, if any brand doesn't need to try too hard, it's NARS.  The names of these are all so very "trying too hard".  

The only thing endangered is NARS' naming skills.

I agree @greenchilli - I don't really care about the names one way or the other, but I know some people get a bit up in arms about them 😉

I recognized a few as being song names (Let's Go Crazy, Lonely Heart) but I wasn't sure if the others were too and there was some sort of theme.

@Mochapj

I do think they have a theme.  Which I like very much.  But they didn't spend much time being very selective...

@greenchilli so upon further inspection I see 5 of them are Prince songs...

I wonder what that's all about? 😮

@Mochapj

I like the idea of an homage.  NARS themes are usually quite fun- Audacious lipstick names were a favourite.  

Some names in this collection are clever, others seem like they were phoned in though.

*Disclaimer  - None of my commentary is deep or means much.  I have time on my hands, hence ruminating about lipstick names.*

You are wise @greenchilli 😉

@blackkitty2014

Packaging and naming are an odd thing.   NARS always used very sexual names....fine by me.  Some names are cleverer than others.

But these names seem so very.... what is the word.....basic.

I am a somewhat embarrassed for NARS.  Surely they could be a little more clever.

Anonymous Insider

I def need that "DO ME BABY" shade right there! haha

@Anonymous Lol I want this one as well because the color is nice.  I'll laugh though if someone asks the shade name and I respond with "do me baby"... It might be taken the wrong way 😄

i remember someone posting a pet peeve about asking a stranger what they they were wearing and being told "idk". i guess now we know what it was

lol that was me, and yea I wouldn't repeat these names...these are a bit much for me lol.

I love the muted darker colors, but the names.... yeesh 😛

Both of the ones I like are songs from the 90's.

yes @vegchililover78! two of my favorite prince songs! i think it's sweet he's paying homage to prince, but i don't like the P word at all, especially not to describe my makeup!

@unfungirl I feel the same way about the P word usually. Since I went to the women's march and saw that ladies were using the word so much I came home feeling a bit liberated. My initial post was about the song, but I changed it because I had this insecure moment that I was a. being way too crass and b. too political.

I could see how the march could

change your mind on the word! Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I do love the song still so much @vegchililover78 🙂

Ugh those names! Why NARS, why?

IMG_6897.JPG

Beautiful! A perfect summer shade and I don't think I have any dupes in my stash.

ohhhhh it's like a rosy melon color !

I agree!  It kinda reminds me of pink lemonade 😄

testing