Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

If anyone in Canada missed out on the NARS Unfiltered palettes- they are both up on The Bay's website. Try your luck lol. Cross your fingers that they ship. Sephora's site has them on for $76 but they are OOS and The Bay has them for $74.

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 12.53.02 AM.png

Swatches of the 3 new Sheer pop multiples from the 'Pop Goes The Easel' collection.

The red one is usually not this bunchy - I think it's balling up due to something I used to clean other swatches off my arm 🤦🏽‍♀️

IMG_6426.JPG

The purple looks so lovely! I would normally not be attracted to a color like that, but it looks more pink swatched.

I'm loving the one in the middle! Thanks for sharing!

ohhhhhhh maaaaannnnnnnnnnnn

Oh so that collection is out @Mochapj? 🙂  I really like the 2 last ones.

@veronika23 it came out in Europe last week.  The collection is supposed to come out in North America in March, but I thought swatches might be appreciated before then.

I have a Selfridges shipping subscription and their dollar is still weak, so I picked them up 😄  

@Mochapj  ohhh that's why lol 😄  I was updating the releases calendar this morning and noticed that was still coming so got confused when I saw your swatches 😄

Yes swatches are always appreciated! Thx!  🙂

For the CDN ladies, the Wildfire collection is up at the Bay, as well as the red case Rita from holiday 2016.

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 10.09.57 PM.png

I am so excited for this collection! I'm really glad Nars chose to collaborate with Charlotte Gainsbourg instead of a beauty influencer like other brands seem to be really into these days.

I completely agree on both counts, @txcatx.

Charlotte Gainsbourg is the new face of Nars, and she also collaborated with them on the design of the new summer collection available in April. I love Charlotte's album IRM, which I listened to on repeat in 2010!

From Refinery29:

Spoiler

When NARS drops a new collection, the beauty world's heart collectively skips a beat. The brand has created some of our all-time favorite products from its Orgasm blush and Audacious Lipstick to its Dual-Intensity eyeshadow. So, any product announcement from the desk of François Nars could mean the beginning of a new cult obsession. And this latest one might just be the most exciting yet.

NARS just revealed that British-French actress and singer (and all-around-cool-girl) Charlotte Gainsbourg will be the face of NARS' Summer 2017 campaign. But that's not all: Gainsbourg (who is the daughter of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg) also helped design every last product in it.

The details on the 18-piece collection are mum for now, but we can say this: It includes a brand new makeup item that Nars fans have never seen before. (!!!)

So why partner with Gainsbourg? Nars says that after meeting her on set two years ago, the chemistry was instant. "She's an incredibly charming and giving person with an instinctive taste and style," Nars said. "I admire her for building a career with no compromise, no limits, and totally dedicating herself to it." And Gainsbourg, who has appeared in over 50 films and produced six albums, agreed. "It was very familiar [working with Mr. Nars] — as if we'd known each other for a long time," she said.

Unfortunately, the collection won't drop until April 15th at NARS boutiques and May 1st at Sephora, but trust us when we say that it is good. Check back here for more details as we can share them.

ahh i am really excited about this! i love her so much, and i think she has excellent style.

I'm excited for this! I think I'll be skipping Wildfire and Pop Goes the Easel in anticipation. Curious about the new product.

Soft Matte complete Concealer swatches sorry if previously posted.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 3.54.44 PM.png

I normally don't mind the sexual names that Nars chooses for a lot of their products but Suck is really making me cringe. I like the color though. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 12.30.38 AM.png

A little subtly would be nice once and a while. 😛

I'm really liking Threesome and Misconduct. 

Oh boy, that is rather aggressive! I agree though, it's a nice nude! Haha. 

More swatches from makeupandbeautyblog

IMG_5687.JPG

1 Reply
testing