Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Interesting. Thanks @pixiedust2... was gonna skip that one now rethinking it.

I think you'd love it. Truly, my phone takes lousy pics. This is so pretty in real life. 

The new Audacious lipsticks are up!

image.jpeg

image.png

Oh! What is that shadow duo? *heart eyes* The trio of DI cheek powders also looks good. Definitely want to see swatches. The DI Cheek Palette is already in my cart for a future purchase, but maybe I should get this instead? 

That eyeshadow x blush palette..!!!!!!! *heavy breathing*

@TriesToBoClassy LOL!!!!!

I saw this on the main page. I needed to know what was happening. 

Haha lol i became quite excited 🙂 

I don't know if this has been posted here BUT..

NARS is now 20% off on beauty dot com. (discount will be taken off during checkout)

If you use your Ebates app or website, there is a link for an additional 18% off when you spend $88 or more... plus 4% cash back.

You can use both discounts at the same time!!!

I purchased:

All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARSissist Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette

Blush

Laguna Tiare Bonze Limited Edition

Narsissit Dual-Intensity Blush Palette

and the total came up to $189.05.

My order would otherwise have been $304.00!

I think this runs through September 4th but not sure!

Thanks! They must have fixed the stacking; I couldn't stack my order. But everything on Beauty.com is 25% off except Nars and Kat Sommerville. Great sale! With some help from @Mochapj, I got Lovejoy. I was looking at some Audacious lippies, but it's limited. They are getting rid of stock. 

You CAN use both discounts. I just placed an order this morning!

No coupon is needed for the NARS and Kate Somerville products. Once you go check out, the discount is applied.

But before you check out, you need to go to Ebates. There is a link on Ebates for 18% off it says it expires on October 2nd. I know the 20%off is only until Sunday if I am not mistaken.

It will take 38% off your order.

The 25% off for other brands can't be combined with the 18% because you need to use an specific link for that promo and you can't go through Ebates with that link

Try redeeming the 20% off code, then add the $88plus of nars or kate somerville to your cart. Then go through ebates to add the 18%. It just worked for me!

I know this discussion has been had but this thread is approaching a 100 pages so I'm gonna ask it again since I don't know if there's a way to search the thread.  What brush do you recommend for the Nars dual intensity blushes?  Is getting the Nars no. 23 brush necessary?  This is kind of funny but every time I have a Nars question I internally am addressing it to @Mochapj as the Nars authority but would also love to hear others thoughts.  Thanks!

@begonia46 I bought the palette and had a similar question when I first got the palette. My regular blush brushes just weren't picking up enough pigment.

When getting through that top layer where it's stiffer, I find that a dense, short bristled brush works best. Or something scratchy.

Once that top layer is worn down, and brush will do. I'm at that point now where two of the shades have had the top layer removed, so they're easier to pick up!

I think the Wayne Goss ones might be too soft.

@begonia46 I agree with @k617 - I think the Wayne Goss will likely be too soft as IIRC his brushes are typically squirrel hair.  

Trial and error won't hurt though 😉

@begonia46 if there is a way to search within the thread, I haven't found it 😄

That said, I own the DI brush and some others that work with these.  The texture of these blushes seems to vary from pan to pan.  Some are so firm that I need a stiffer brush, but others work just fine with my squirrel hair brushes.

A cheaper alternative to the NARS specific one that works well is the Sephora 45.5.  Also, if you have any brushes made of goat hair (which is a bit stiffer) that would be where I'd start.  The NARS one works, but I think it's overpriced and for the size of the brush head, probably of little use to most people for other products.

Thanks @Mochapj I have mostly synthetic hair brushes but I have a couple Wayne Goss brushes I haven't gotten around to using.  Not sure whether they are goat or what they are really.  Thanks for the tip!  Good to know that I can pass on the brush b/c I just spent a lot buying all the Nars from beauty.com b/c of their sale. 

I can't really validate whether this is an upcoming product or a really convincing fake, but I saw it on EBay recently and since I've been looking for a red multiple for YEARS, I grabbed it up.

Given the name, if I had to guess, if it is a legitimate product it's probably part of the spring 2017 collection (sheer), especially since we've seen what's coming for holiday already.

image.jpeg

This is gorgeous mocha! I wonder if you bought from the same eBay seller I did for Apoline? Finding that audacious lady early was so cool! Enjoy your new goody!

Looks legitimate to me. I see a lot of Nars products from upcoming collections on eBay. I saw some of the Sarah Moon lipsticks on there last week. I wonder if the Sheer Pop Multiples are like the Multiple Tints from a few years ago.

Spoiler
Nars

I think Nars was supposed to come out with a red multiple in their fall collection a couple years ago but there was a production issue or something and it was never released. I think Temptalia got a sample of it though.

Oh, thanks for the info @KMariel! I'll have to go digging on temptalia.

i have the sheer tints and this is a bit different. It's a cream, like the 'normal' multiples, where the tints had this gross sticky texture

10 Replies
testing