Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Supposedly 8/1

Nice, thanks! Really excited for Infatuated Red. Hoping it's a nice fall colour for pale, neutral tones. 👍🏻

Rita in red packaging for Holiday. Wish this was Carmen, I've been thinking of purchasing my namesake for awhile!

image.png

Oooh! That's kinda pretty! I don't have Rita either! 

I'm a sucker for pretty/different packaging, so I will probably buy this 😞

Thanks!  Veronika posted it in here last week, but I forgot to add it to the Fall/Holiday spoiler.

Rita is my favorite red from the Audacious line - she's very oomph.  Carmen is pretty too, but she has sort of a rust undertone to her.

Aw nuts! Sorry about that!

I wouldn't have expected Carmen to have a rust undertone just from looking at swatches!

Let me rephrase that; perhaps rust is not the best descriptor.

on me, Rita is a true red, neither too blue or too orange.

Carmen by comparison leans orangeish (where I was going with the rust @k617) but not a bright orange like Lana, rather more muted.

lyra is much paler than me though, so perhaps on her it is a bright red.

True that. Rita is quite warm, true red on me, too. Nothing blue about it ( on me ), even though I know it looks kind of blue-ish in this photo. Have no idea why. On me, it is actually so warm, at first I was totally scared off as I was not sure about warm reds on me back then. ( They grew on me since. 🙂 )

Rita.jpg

( I am still peeved they've never come out with a true blue bright ( or even not so bright ) red. What the what, Nars?! )

Carmen is... just gorgeous warm, bright red on me ( probably because I'm so fair, yes ). She does lean orange-ish.

nars carmen.jpg

@lyravega . you're a queen. i also 100% ADORE rita on you. i remember you feeling hesitant on her at first but i'm just gonna say, again, that you do rita's vibrant richness serious justice.

Aw, thank you, @jemly !

Those are such beautiful swatches. I like Carmen on you better than Rita but both are gorgeous of course!

I know this sounds total creeper but I think you know what I mean @lyravega

Spoiler
I will never tire of seeing your beautiful pout 🙂  

Aww, shucks... @Mochapj

upload_8349942107728138783.gif

Super cute!!!!

She doesn't have a rust undertone on me. It's just this beautiful, bright, warmish red on me, @k617 . No rust.

Rita is my fave Audacious red, too. But, Carmen is a very close second. 🙂

Am I the only one that thinks Parallax looks a little blue in a lot of these photos and swatches? Does it look like that IRL or is it just the lighting?

@Kelizabethr07 

it does look blueish, but I think that's because it is blueish.

It's described as a 'dove grey' and dove greys are typically a pale, blue based grey.  I have one coming this afternoon and I'll be sure to post a swatch and photo of the pan when I get a chance.

ETA: parallax.

Probably looks a lot bluer because of my undertones, but on fingertip and in pan it looks silvery.

image.jpeg

@Mochapj Thanks so much for posting these swatches! I was hoping it would have a slight blue to it since that would make it more unique. I have enough silver shadows.

Swatches of 3 of the new hardwired shades, because of course they didn't have the one I actually wanted, LOL.

I did pick up Pygar though, which I wasn't expecting to like.  It's very, very strong.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 11.43.56 AM.png

Lunar actually looks like something you could use as a blush, too.  Do you think it would work for that purpose or is it too shiny?

11 Replies
testing