Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@sarahshter I'm not sure if it's that it's too shiny, but it has a lot of obvious, chunky glitter.

for someone who has beautiful, tight skin it might work, but I think it would overemphasize pores a lot.

Thanks, definite option but I might stick with my Amazon clay.  I think lunar would be beautiful on the eyes though.  😉

Thanks for swatches.  Is pygar greener on your skin IRL?

@spikeorrn Pygar is definitely not a gold lame on my skin.  I thought it came off almost pewter-ish.  

The top photo is in the shade, and the bottom is in direct sun.  In direct sun it takes on a slight greenish tint, but overall I find it almost silvery.

It's an interesting effect.  Reminding me of Heaven by Ardency Inn.  In T's swatches I thought I saw green micro glitters.

It looks a lot like Heaven.  That was my first thought when I swatched it!

@Mochapj I found this swatch comparison on Instagram, I'm glad the formula is better but the color difference isn't enough for me to spend the $25. It does look very different in Temptalia's swatch but I'm going to take that one with a grain of salt.

image.jpeg

@KMariel I ended up comparing them since I was in store today (and then with Parallel Universe when I got home)

The only difference I noticed was in opacity and obvious glitter between both sets of shades.  But the actual colors look pretty spot-on on me too.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 11.31.20 AM.png

Thanks! That's close enough for me, I don't use Parallel Universe enough to justify getting Lunar and Earthshine. 

Oh, that is close too!

I always take T's swatches with a grain of salt because the lighting is so over the top.  

I completely agree, especially her lip swatches. They're waaaaaay off from what the colours look like in reality.

swatches are up at Temptalia too

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 2.31.35 PM.png

Bubbly Michelle updated on the discontinued Audies:

Michiyo, Leslie, Jeanne, Deborah, Geraldine

Dang, 4 of those are faves of mine 😞

On Specktra, they're saying it's Marlene being pulled, not Deborah.

Good, this will keep me from swatching Geraldine every time I go to the store. I do not need another orange lipstick! But I am drawn like a moth to the (very orange) flame.

Deborah won't be discontinued - instead they are taking marlene - as per my AE and regional trainer

wait they are discontinuing Jeanne ?! NOOOO 😞

@michelle164 it is making an appearance in one of the upcoming Sarah moon sets for holiday, but is supposedly leaving the permanent line.

boo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From makeupandbeautyblog. She is wearing Parallax in the top pic.

Earthshine and Lunar look like the shades from the Parallel Universe duo which I already have, along with Stud and Outer Limits, so just Pygar and Parallax for me.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before but does Sephora have the names for some of these mixed up on the product page? I really love Lunar (as pictured above) but the description on the product page is that is a metallic, dove gray. I think they have it switched with Parallax. 

@JenniferOhJenny they do have them mixed up, with names and photos.

Parallax is the grey and Lunar is the purple.  I saw them in store today and can confirm those colors match those names.

testing