Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@TKLJ I like it.  I don't have the Mac one so I can't comment on that, but I actually prefer that it is on the sheer side, especially for this kind of color.  I also like that it has some violet tones to it when worn.

The violet is what's drawing me to it. I guess I'll have to go swatching, since I want to see the new blushes in person anyway.

I'm happy to have it but even happier to have Deep End. 

Has anyone tried any of the lip covers from the new collection yet? I'm thinking of getting one today (or tomorrow) but I'm debating between Get Dirty and Overheated!

@sabrinas I bought overheated.

let me see if i can find the photo...

image.jpeg0105161

they're nice, but a different texture than I would normally expect from a liquid lipstick.  It never really dries down and it transfers.

Wow, I think I need this color

The shade is so pretty, it kind of comes off more as a pigmented lipgloss in the pic. I prefer my liquid lipsticks totally matte and transfer-proof so i haven't tried. but am i the only one that doesn't understand why the pkg is black? how am i supposed to see the shade, or how much is left. lol

@aviscardi they do sort of look like a lipgloss sheen IRL, but they don't have the sticky feel.  It definitely has closer to a liquid lip texture, but I hate that it doesn't dry down.  Even though it transfers, it still stays pretty opaque, which I find impressive.

I totally don't understand why the tube is black, unless the formula is damaged by light or something.  The tube does have a colored label on the bottom to tell which shade is which 😄

that reminds me of the TF melteds which i dont totally hate?! i guess lol, i only kept 3 but the fact that only the bottom is an indication of color would make me crazy bc i lay everything down in dividers. 

The only melteds I've tried were from the original launch, and I'd agree, the formula is similar.  Maybe a little thicker, but the application method may have something to do with that.  I find the squeegee for the doe foot leaves a pretty generous amount of product on the wand when you open it.

true, wands are much easier. i thought i wouldnt like the TF applicator but i didn't find them horrible.They were just another formula i didn't love for the darker shades like berry.  these are LE right? I probably will be holding off, i  store my lipsticks in a tower and my mini buxoms upsidedown so pretty much everything else would be laying flat/side.

@aviscardi These colors are LE but there is chatter that the formula is not.

Thanks! I kinda like the sound of that finish because all of my liquid lippies are matte! What is your skin tone btw? I'm about an NC20.  I think both colors would work for me but I'm swaying more towards Get Dirty!

@sabrinas The finish is sort of thick, yet fluffy, if that makes sense.  I don't mind the sheen but I wish it didn't transfer.

i've never worn Mac base so I'm not sure, but people often tell me I'm an nc35.  I have a very tan/olive skintone, with pretty heavy yellow undertones.

@Mochapj jumping on this thread to ask: which foundation line do you think addresses your olive tones the best? I think I am slowly realizing that I'm olive/yellow (that's a thing??) but I am having a hard time finding foundations that aren't too yellow/aren't too pink/are olive/are pale enough  

@flonkerton in NARS I haven't tried any that are exactly right.

In both the Tinted Moisturizer and the Velvet Matte Skin Tint I use St Moritz, but it's always a tiny bit off.

In their powder version of the All Day Luminous I can use Stromboli or Barcelona depending on the time of year.  

The closest match I've been able to find for my olive undertone is in the Kevyn Aucoin line.  The Sensual Skin liquid foundation is a near perfect match for me.  

Have you ever had your color IQ done?  At the very least the result will be able to tell if you have a yellow undertone.

@Mochapj haha jk. Got matched yesterday at Sephora and apparently I am a 5Y01. One of the matches was the Kevyn Aucoin SSE in Sx03 so I may give that a shot. Thanks again for your advice!

@Mochapj The closest I've found to my skin so far is NARS Velvet Matte in Finland but it's a hair too yellow. I normally wear YSL Touche Eclat in B20 because I like the finish but that one is a hair too dark/orange/pink. I've never done the color IQ in stores but if I use those foundations to find a match online, I'm around a 1Y03-04. I'll have to check out Kevyn Aucoin. Thanks!

I agree about the color transfer - I wish it would stay on longer...

Oh so you're just like me but darker! Thanks 🙂 Yah I wish they wouldn't transfer either, maybe I'll try it out anyways and see how it is!

I took stock to prevent myself from buying anything else from the Summer 2016 collection (I am sure this does not come close to @Mochapj's collection - lol, but I was surprised to find I had so much!)

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

P.S. In looking at the photo, I realize these are not lined up straight - my OCD is already kicking me

P.P.S. The blush I hit pan on is Super Orgasm - Please don't judge 🙂  I bought it like 10 years ago and thought it looked hot until my dentist (in good humor - he was funny) said my face looked like a glitter bomb exploded - I don't think I've worn it since - lol

3 Replies
testing