Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

This compact kind of makes me wish the Laguna bronzer worked for me. It's so cute with the brush and large special packaging.

http://www.sephora.com/laguna-tiare-bronzer-P407711?&skuId=1805902

i feel the same way about the liquid laguna bronzer that just came out, @Gwenhwyfar and @Mochapj . i never use bronzer, i like looking as translucently pale as possible ! but mannnn, if i did wear bronzer, i'd have swept that stuff up in a heartbeat

@Gwenhwyfar this is one of the few times I actually want a product because it's scented.  

I won't buy it because I don't use bronzer, but the packaging and the scent make me want it.  

I will say, I have the mini Ita from a blush palette set and it's quite scratchy, so I'm ok about missing out on that part. 😞

Did I miss Sexual Content? It has been a while since a NARS blush has called my name but of course the one I neeeeed is LE. 😞

@melde you did not - it was just released on NARS' website on Friday.  It's scheduled to come to Sephora on the 1st.

Eek, thank you!!!! @Mochapj

Here's Liberation.  I find it a lot more flattering to my skintone than Sexual Content.  This is mixed, but I tried them individually too and liked the results

Spoiler
image.jpeg1704161

I'll be waiting for more swatches since NARS is pretty good about enough supply (thank goodness), but I think I'll be buying my first DI blush.

I have this issue with DI eyeshadows- I think they're special and I buy them, but I don't reach for them.

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know if the summer DI eyeshadows and blushes are LE? I'd assume the packaging would be but will the colours be permanent?

@spiderlashes I believe everything from the summer collection is LE.  Usually if it comes in a special package, it doesn't stick around 😞

I've got a few things from the collection in my cart at the Bay... guess I better pull the trigger on those soon! I am sure they will come to Sephora at some point but I am a bit jaded when it comes to new items showing up on .ca.

I got pool shark and deep end. I saw the dupe list on temptalia. Lucky that I have no dupes for these shades and I'm most excited for deep end. For the longest time I've been wanting max steamy and this looks to be almost the same shade. Yay. And I have urban decay freeze on a vice palette but the shade came broken and haven't used it. And it's funny how that's another dupe for deep end. So in all. Good purchase and I love Nars. I got a lip gloss as well but I forgot.the name. 

The new collection is up on NARScosmetics . com !!!

Thanks! I picked up both blushes, Tan Lines, and Topless. I'm sure I can dupe both of those eyeshadows in my collection, but I have really been enjoying the DI formula lately.  I'm still considering picking up Pool Shark and Deep End when they come to Sephora.

Funny @kso1225! Pool Shark and Deep End are the 2 things I jumped on last night. I've been hemming and hawing on SC. I'd like to swatch it, but in reality, I think it will be gorgeous :x. I may pick it up from Saks because it is easier to return to them if it isn't for me!

@Libellules I had immediate regrets about not picking up Pool Shark. Which then makes me feel like I should get Deep End to just round out the collection.  Topless was listed as exclusive so I picked that one up since I don't know where else it'll be available. Plus, I think it'll be really pretty paired with Kari.  I could place another order for Deep End and Pool Shark together and get free shipping. But I know those won't be everyday shades for me so I'm trying to hold off for Sephora so they'll be easier to return if I don't love them on me.

The blushes on the other hand are must haves for me. 

@kso1225 I don't have any of the DI blushes yet, so I'm sure my ignorance is bliss :P. I'm really really curious about SC. I'm sure that Liberation is gorgeous too. Ugh.

@Libellules I actually don't have any of the DI blushes either. I swatched them in store and they seemed too pigmented for me.  I think they would apply fine with a brush though, so I may get more if I like the new ones.  The new ones look lighter and/or more sheer so I think they'll be easier to work with. Liberation looks like a slightly lighter version of Fervor, which is the one I was most leaning towards getting from the regular line. And Sexual Content is just too pretty to pass up. I know I'll at least like the peach shade in that one.

Worth mentioning - NARS is also on ebates for 5%. 

Also Saks !!

Did an eye with the new shadows this morning.

Am also wearing sexual content.  I like the pink side but the lighter shade doesn't have enough sheen for me to use as a highlight and I don't like the way it blends with the pink, so it's kind of a wash for me.  In the photo I am wearing both sides on my cheeks, but I much prefer how it looked with just the pink shade on.

i1404161mage.jpeg

Spoiler
1404162image.jpeg
7 Replies
testing