Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Love all three swatches. But impassioned is gorgeous.

It is a lovely, subtle colour.  I worried it wouldn't show up on me, but I really like it.

Any Banned Red dupes you can think of offhand? Or anything you might remember me wearing that's similar? Haha

It reminds me of something in the Audacious line, honestly.

I have to pull out my stash and do some swatching, because off hand I can't put my finger on what it is.

Maybe Audrey?

Swatches for m'lady malday 😉

IMG_0084.JPG

I picked the 7 other closest things I could think of.

On the top we have Leslie, Audrey, Sandra, Jeanne, Olivia

On the bottom is Femme Fleur and VIP Red.

The base color is closest to Femme Fleur, but FF has shimmer.  The closest I am coming up in my collection is Leslie, which is the same tone, but a lot more opaque.  

I was going to say it looks like a mix between Femme Fleur and Leslie before I continued reading. Hmm, I'm sure I have something similar so I can probably pass. Thank you mocha!

'Banned Red' looks so pretty in general and amazing on you! It looks like a "Marsala"-like pinkish brick red?

How would you described 'Impassioned'? Is it pale peachy like 'Sex Appeal' or more nude or mauve?

I find Banned Red really funny, because IMO it's barely a red at all.  Maybe that's why it's 'banned', LOL 😄  It definitely leans more pinky/brick than red.

Impassioned is not peachy like Sex Appeal, it's closer to Douceur level of nude/mauve.  I can swatch those all side by side for you at some point (I know I still owe you an Elsa/Cassiopeia swatch, my phone is broken and trying to take photos with my iPad is a chore :S) 

Oooh, I was hoping it would be closer to 'Douceur'. Swatches would be wonderful! I am expecting that I will need to obtain one... Do you know if it is LE?

Haha, no rush. Whenever is fine with me... I'm not in a big hurry to buy anything. 😉

For Gwen:

IMG_0085.JPG

L to R: Douceur, Impassioned, Sex Appeal

As you can see, SA barely shows up on my arm, but is much different than Impassioned.  Douceur is closer, but is a lot warmer toned.

IMG_0086.JPG

Cassiopeia vs left shade in Elsa

Both have iridescence, but Cassiopeia leans slightly more pink/lilac than Elsa, which shows a bit more blue shift.

Ooooh. I need everything! 😄 Thank you, Mocha darling!

On NARS' website only the 2 glosses and the eyeshadow duo are marked as LE.  

I believe everything else was added to the permanent collection.

They are available on the US site too now.

I saw them at my store yesterday and they had stock of everything except the eyeshadow duo and I am from a fairly small city. I picked up Rosecliff, such a great nude.

Is it similar to Catfight?

Catfight has more mauve in it than Rosecliff. Rosecliff was more neutral on my lips than I expected, I thought it may go more pinky but I guess with my natural lip color it just went more neutral.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know when the spring 2016 items will be released at Sephora if at all? Thanks!

My local Sephora inside JCPenny has all the spring items in stock and on display, as well as the eyeshadow palette that was released on Nars.com on Dec. 31 (not sure about the name, the one with blue and gold). I was surprised because it's a very small store. If you have a Seohora inside JCP near you, maybe it's worth checking with them? 

It's supposed to be Feb 1, per NARS' marketing information.

1 Reply
testing