Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I apologize to your wallet in advance 😄

I'm fully aware what a terrible enabler I am...

I Love NARS, but they have some serious generous packaging, so I do not need to buy a lot! 

I now have 3 blushes (got Dolce Vita recently), the Despair palette, 2 multiples (one a mini), I think 8 lip pencils (one a repeat, FS+mini), 2 glosses, one regular lipstick, and.... I think 7 Audacious. I also have some mascara minis and an old grey eyeliner.

So if the palette counts as one, and the dupes count separately... 25, plus mascara minis.

I don't need this for NARS by itself, but I'm seriously considering making a spreadsheet of all my lippies. I feel like I'm at the point where I'm in danger of buying dupes (of shades, probably not of the same item) on accident because I forget what all I have lol. I already have a spreadsheet for my nail polish and its been very helpful.

Nice! Yeah, I'm considering just making a full inventory of my entire makeup collection.

I need to know the guidelines - are you counting palettes as one single item or counting each product inside?  🙂

Palettes are one item.

I count a compact as one item.  

So, an eyeshadow duo is one item.  A blush palette is one item, etc 😄

That was my first thought, but I seem to be obsessed with Nars blush palettes! 

Let me just put it this way - I have it all on a spreadsheet to make sure I don't end up re-buying the same things.

I think I last counted for Ivy 6 months ago and it was 150+

Haha! I thought you might be winning in the NARS stashing. 😄 That's awesome!

LOL, I checked my spreadsheet this morning, and we're hovering somewhere close to 200 +/-

It could be less because I have everything categorized by product type and shade, so some stuff might be in a palette, while others are single items.  But then I noticed I have whole categories missing on my spreadsheet (regular lipsticks, eyeliners, illuminators, glosses) so 200 is still probably pretty accurate.

That is wonderful. I'm going to count mine this weekend, but I can already tell you that I am not close to that number.

Wow, that's brand dedication.

I have 4 full sized products, 3 audacious lipsticks and 1 eyeshadow duo and that's it.

LOL, I don't think of it so much as dedication, as convenience.

I found a brand with products that work for me, so when I want a new thing, it's just the first brand I happen to look at.

Is it something new or being posted previously?

IMG_20151123_180007.jpg

This promo is very aesthetically pleasing for some reason. Now I just really want that polish and shadow and the cute round green stick shadow 😄

Those are all existing shades (I got this email last week and checked it out).  

I think they are just switching up the promotional material instead of the holiday collection stuff.

On that note, NARS should be having a F&F for Black Friday this week.  Last year I believe it was 20% off.  I haven't decided if I want to tempt fate and try buying from them again...

Yesss I hope they do! I want to get my hands on the despair palette. 

Oh no! I was hoping to get the Abnormal Female lip coffret if they had the 20% discount. I think I missed the NARS debacle - what happened, Mocha?

EG, the full story is somewhere within this thread, but the Coles Notes version is every time I order directly from NARS I have problems.

In the spring their website would not let me order to Canada, despite saying that they do ship to Canada.  When I called in to C/S they told me they do not ship to Canada :S

Then, this summer they charged my credit card for one order 20 times, and then refused to admit they did it.  I think njattana mentioned this happened to her, too around that time.

More recently when I ordered the holiday collection from them, they told me my order hadn't gone through and that I should place it again.  When I did (literally less than an hour after speaking to them) I received TWO shipment notices, because the first order did go through, despite what I'd been told.  And then it took me 3 weeks of complaining to get them to refund me for their error.

So... proceed with caution.

Ugh. That is horrible! Yeah, I may take my money elsewhere then just to avoid the headache.

testing