Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

You should see what I bought...also lost my mind...

The entire collection is available on Nars website now. There's an "add entire look for $958" option lol.

It must all ready be sold out. 😞 Every item I want is not in stock.

I don't even see Killer Heels on the page. Was it ever up at all?

Also, does this mean things won't be coming to Sephora or elsewhere? I know Full Service was going to be extremely limited quantities, but Despair, etc.? Or is the launch date for other retailers just later?

Killer Heels is exclusive to Sephora 🙂 Despair is still in stock.

everything i wanted is gone too.

Really? What are you trying to get? Only the 3 lipsticks and brush set are shown as unavailable.

I wanted the lipsticks. lol This is what happens when I leave my tablet for 10 minutes vs. obsessively refresh.

So I hate NARS dot com.

They called me this morning to say my original order from Friday failed, and could I please resubmit it.  

So I did.  

5 minutes ago I logged into my account and now both the old and new order are in status SHIPPING SOON.

WTF???

Call them back and see if they can cancel one of the orders. 

I did.  

First they were confused.  Then they were apologetic.  Then they said the would cancel it.  

At this point, I will only believe it once I determine that I don't have two boxes sitting on my front step :S

I ordered VIP red and pasiphae eyeshadow

hey friends, can you fill me in ? i've been gone for a couple days and am a little confused about what went down. did the products go live on the site early by mistake ? (and the official date is tomorrow, right ?). there's one thing i realllly want and a few i'd be happy with for sure. 

(i know google exists but i trust yall more / i'm tiiiirreedd)

Nars sent out a preview email.  Seemingly, the link led to a page with purchase buttons...so some orders went through before the buttons were taken down.  But the orders didn't ship.

Gwenhywfar mentioned an event at the Nars Melrose store.  That store released the collection on Saturday.

Jem, yes, things went live early, but covertly.  Basically the traditional 'add to basket' was not working, but all of the add to basket buttons on the 'works well with' and 'artist tools' portions of the product pages were showing.

a fair number of us ordered things.

but the real launch is tomorrow.

thank ya mochapajamas !

Photos from the Nars event in the spoiler below (if I can figure out how to make it work.  If I mess up...sorry!).  

Mr Nars was utterly charming and gracious.  He was in back, and you had to wait to meet/get him to sign things.

The Steven Klein collection is beautiful.  One of the lipsticks was missing from the display so I forgot to snap a photo of it when I finally saw it.  Shimmery gold, a little more pigmented than the TF Rory but same idea.  I didn't take photos of the audacious lipsticks because they aren't new (case is stunning).

The packaging is gorgeous. Steven Klein (I was told) loves horses.  So the cases mimic horse cases.  The red is a new shade; the other is dolce vita, for the lipstick 3 somes.  

The boutiques in total are getting about 90 of a brush travel set (the man in the bikini in the photos if it survives on BT) that retails for about $100.

The vibrant pink in the bullet reminds me of full frontal though I haven't done a side by side.  

I could have bought it all...but only bought some.

Spoiler
nars1.jpg
Spoiler
Spoiler
nars2.jpg
Spoiler
nars3.jpg
Spoiler
nars4.jpg
Spoiler
Spoiler
nars5.jpg
Spoiler
nars6.jpg
Spoiler
nars7.jpg
Spoiler
nars8.jpg
Spoiler
nars9.jpg
Spoiler
nars10.jpg
Spoiler
nars11.jpg
Spoiler
nars12.jpg
Spoiler
nars13.jpg
Spoiler
nars15.jpg
Spoiler
nars16.jpgnars18.jpg
Spoiler
nars19.jpg
Spoiler
nars20.jpgnars21.jpg
Spoiler
nars22.jpg
Spoiler
nars23.jpg
Spoiler
nars24.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Looks really fun, so cool you got to meet Francois!

You're welcome!

Ahahaha, I do like that the set with the man in the sparkly briefs is called "Full Service." 😉

YES!

testing