Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I really love Ireland!  Eurydice looks gorgeous!

I love Kalahari and Kuala Lumpur. Now I can't decide between St Paul de Vence and silk road.

I like Kalahari, it's subtle but pretty!

I have a few faves.  

Vent glacé is the one I pull out when I want to look like a 'grownup'.  Something about it makes me think of Burberry, which makes me think understated elegance; therefore grownup.

St. Paul de Vence is probably my most used duo.  It's such a flattering soft peach set.

I go back and forth between mediteranee and Isolde for my favourite copper/orange duo, depending on my mood.

i don't have brumes but I do have Eurydice.  The purple in Eurydice is very lovely and vibrant.  The black side tends to be a little patchy.

isolde is sooo pretty

Saw this on NARS IG

I'm in love with the natural look they are doing for Thakoon

i0913150mage.jpg

they went very natural at alexander wang, too. 

i think the no makeup makeup thing in high fashion is more or less a reaction to the typical youtube guru drag face....

NARS makeup at awang:

nars-awang.JPG

....I really like this top (or is it a dress?)! Nevermind the makeup :x.

I heard drag makeup (makeup by real drag queens) is going more natural in reaction to Youtube.

😛

Amazing haha

I do not own a lot of NARS, so I'm not sure how to achieve this, but just spotted this on their Instagram. This highlight effect is absolutely gorgeous!:

image.jpg

NARS Tanya Taylor SS16 Uzo in Action
LOOK: “The inspiration for the look was taken from Meryl Streep’s Danish baroness character from the film “Out of Africa” – which is loosely based on the beauty looks of European aristocrats who migrated to Africa in the 1920’s/30’s. The pink-lilac hues on the lips and cheeks combined with the cool, quintessential Tanya Taylor aesthetic of illuminated skin play off the beautiful prints in the collection.”

the exclusive look:

FACE
NARSskin Luminous Moisture Cream
Sheer Glow Foundation
Radiant Creamy Concealer
Soft Velvet Loose Powder

CHEEKS
Copacabana Illuminator
Laguna Illuminator (for darker skin tones)
Copacabana Multiple
South Beach Multiple (for darker skin tones)
Adoration Dual-Intensity Blush

EYES
Audacious Mascara

BROWS
Matte Eyeshadow (shades Blondie, Bali, Bengali and Coconut Grove depending on hair color)
Oural Brow Gel

LIPS
Never Say Never Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
Impassioned Blush (New for Spring 2016; for now try Sex Appeal Blush)

Via blog 'TalkingwithTami'

Thanks mimibel!!!

Yay, thanks mimibel!  I love it even more when it ends up being a look with products I already own 😄

Now I want the Copacabana multiple and illuminator rawr! I'll go in and have them attempt this look on me, then decide...

i saw this too ! that's certainly not albatross, it may be copacabana, or maybe even something coming soon....

(also, i would lovvvve if they made copa into powder form (and sans glitter!!)

I went back through the comments and apparently it's Copacabana! Wish I knew what the blush was. It's gorgeous!

Omg, I have been looking for a pale pink highlight just like this.

it sort of reminds me of the undress me multiple, without all the heinous glitter.

WANT.

Mocha, Libellules is right, I have a gorgeous one.  I'll send you photos in the morning...when I can take them in natural light.

Mocha, Meganlisa might have the hookup on a pink highlighter 😛

(good god woman get thee to colourpop)

...and even if you don't end up liking it you're only out $8 !

testing