Let's Talk About Asian Cosmetics!

nightknight

Let's Talk About Asian Cosmetics!

Anybody out there a fan of Asian brands of makeup and skincare? I'm quite an addict! I really love their "drugstore" brands such as Etude House and Holika Holika. Sephora even has Amore Pacific, which is Korea's equivalent to L'Oreal or Shiseido. Amore Pacific makes Sulwashoo, Etude House, INNISFREE, Laneige (which is now available at Target), and IOPE just to name a few. 

I also love Japanese brands, especially ones made by the mother company, Shiseido. Majolica Majorca is one of Shiseido's brands that I adore! Their mascara is amazing! Shiseido also owns Cle De Peau, which I've been wanting to try.

HawaiianEyes7

Re: Let's Talk About Asian Cosmetics!

(0) Hearts

I'll check those out! I've been very impressed by everything I've gotten from there so far!

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I use quite a lot of Asian products. I ask either family member or someone who does "the buying for you" 

I'm very picky about my skin care products especially and love the faster moving trends and innovations in Korea. 

I like "Road shop" brands like Innisfree, nature republic, Banila.co, Espoir, Too cool for school, VDL, Primera,etc but I like those "hidden" "only available online" brands even better that really focus on the ingredients 

(I don't like Etude house, Tony Moly, Aritaum, etc. they are cheap, but also cheaply made unlike many others that make products better than higher end brands for fraction of the cost) 

Currently, I'm loving my 

Purebess Galactomyces 100% extract, Innisfree sheet masks, The face shop argan oil mist, Manyo factory special treatment essence oil, Beauty Recipe little mermaid moisturizer for combination skin, Espoir cushion foundation, Sulhwasoo cleansing oil (seriously, its the best cleansing oil in the world), Too cool for school makeup setting spray, VDL satin primer, Banila.co eyeliner pencil, and The face shop's foot peeling, VDL eye brow pencils 

I also love Japanese brands as well. I think they are extremely talented and innovative. 

nothing beats Kiss me heroine's mascara (holds for 12 hours, no smudging), DHC cleansing oil, Shu Uemura pentagon sponge, Shu Uemura hard formula eye brow pencils, Lunasol eye shadow palettes RMK gel creamy foundation is also very very nice. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hmm, I like AmorePacific, Etude House and SK-II. I haven't explored Shiseido enough to get a good feel for it yet. I like When mask in Snow Angel, which is no longer carried by Sephora. *sulk* 

ps. I'm talking about skincare only. I'm a skincare addict.

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I didn't know that Shiseido owns Cle De Peau! I thought it was a French owned company. I haven't tried any of those brands except Shiseido. Do you have any web sites you can recommend? I know you can't post direct links but you could post them as websitename dot com I think. Good topic, **nightknight**!

nikki

(0) Hearts

Beautykat was a little website I found that I had great luck with. They have trial sets you can buy to sample products, and they include samples. Plus their shipping is amazingly fast. 

nightknight

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I second SASA. Also Bobodave is good if you're looking to find mostly Japanese products. I usually get my stuff off of eBay though, since it tends to be cheaper (shops competing with other shops usually drives the price down on eBay).

Oh yes, Shiseido owns a few brands that are not originally japanese, including NARS.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

SASA. They are from Hong Kong, but they carry a lot of Asian brands and even some European and American brands.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • nikki
    • kristallovesdogs
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ChicDabbler
    • nightknight
    • infinitise