nightknight

Let's Talk About Asian Cosmetics!

Anybody out there a fan of Asian brands of makeup and skincare? I'm quite an addict! I really love their "drugstore" brands such as Etude House and Holika Holika. Sephora even has Amore Pacific, which is Korea's equivalent to L'Oreal or Shiseido. Amore Pacific makes Sulwashoo, Etude House, INNISFREE, Laneige (which is now available at Target), and IOPE just to name a few. 

I also love Japanese brands, especially ones made by the mother company, Shiseido. Majolica Majorca is one of Shiseido's brands that I adore! Their mascara is amazing! Shiseido also owns Cle De Peau, which I've been wanting to try.

Rebecca101010

Re: Let's Talk About Asian Cosmetics!

(0) Hearts

Etude House just makes the CUTEST stuff. I swear, I buy so much just for the packaging. Sigh.

nightknight

(0) Hearts

I know that feeling. The cuteness is too much to resist!

dziggi

(0) Hearts

Ohhh this is my area of obsession! I'm not to familiar with Asian cosmetics but I've tried some skincare stuff.

My friend gave me deluxe samples of Sulwhasoo's Essential Balancing Toner & Emulsion and I loved it so much that last month I bought full sizes. I use Sulwhasoo every other night (the other nights, I use a prescription retinoid) and it's done wonders for my skin. I also bought full sizes of their Cleansing Oil (aahhmazing) & Cleansing Foaming. I received deluxe samples of the First Care Serum (loved it, ordering a full size once I run out) and the Concentrated Ginseng Cream (very creamy & nourishing, but a bit much for my skin). The only thing that I'm not to impressed with is the Hydro-Aid Serum & Moisturizer, a little to sticky and overly scented. I want to try their Overnight Vitalizing Mask next.

I tried SK-II a couple of years ago and it made me breakout out. I just placed an order for the Cellumination Mask in Lotion and got a sample of the Essence. I'm really keen on trying SK-II again, because the first time I used it I was in my late teens and was dealing with some mild acne. I really want to see how my skin will react to it now that I'm in my 20s.

... and don't get me started on sheet masks. They are my loves. I travel a lot for work and I use them as an extra step to prevent my skin from getting dehydrated. My favorite brand is Leaders Insolution. I've tried all of Leaders Insolution masks. It's kind of embarrassing.

I just got the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack from Target. I hear so many good things about it and am really excited to try it out!

Lol... I could go on and on but I've already written a mini novel. :smileyvery-happy:

Masaya

(0) Hearts

I love innisfree and the face shop.  There skincare products are really cheap and works great.  Ive tried some korean bb cream but there too grey on my skintone. 

kristallovesdogs

(0) Hearts

I really like the Amore Pacific line... it's gentle, smells great, and leaves my sensitive skin without irritation.  I've also recently got into the budget Asian line Hada Labo, sold at Ulta.  The advertising for it says that in Japan, one moisturizer from this line is sold every minute, which makes me think it may be the Covergirl of Asian skincare.  But I really like it - it's pure moisture and cleansing, no crazy brighteners, anti-agers, retinol or anything like that.  I bought the cleanser, night cream and day gel serum.  They work wonderfully alone and over serums at night, leave my skin super soft, and once again, non-irritated.

nightknight

(0) Hearts

I had no idea Hada Labo is sold at Ulta! /off to my nearest Ulta/

nikki

(0) Hearts

Do they have Cherry Tree blossoms on their packaging? I feel like I have a sample packet of lotion from them I was sent in the mail. 

nikki

(0) Hearts

I like a lot of Asian brands. TonyMoly, Holika Holika and Etude House have the cutest packaging that I just die over. The Bunny lip pencils and penguin shaped hand creams and panda face cream. I <3 them.

Asian sheet masks are my latest obsessions. I have a huge box full from Etude, TonyMoly, Skinfood, SK II and My Beauty Diary and I am so having a blast playing with them all. 

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

I love Etude house, their eyeshadows are amazing, and i have this lip concealer that is just super cool to have. Also, I love the 3CE lip laquers!!! 

blackkitty2014

(0) Hearts

Shiseido is awesome.  There are rarely any products (both makeup and skincare) that i didn't like from them (granted that i'm picky).  The only down side is the price.  Majolica Majorca blushers are super cute.  Do you know where we can pick these up (beside eBay)?

nightknight

(0) Hearts

Try Bobodave, they carry mostly Japanese brand products. I love Majolica Majorca's packaging design, everything looks super cute and the quality is great as well.

blackkitty2014

(0) Hearts

Omg...that place is dangerous for my wallet. Thx u. Do you have any recommendation for Majolica Majorca mascara? Thx u, thx u :smileyhappy:

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

There's a Korean makeup/skincare store in Hawai'i called The Face Shop that I'm obsessed with! It's the only Korean makeup I've experienced, but I love everything in that place! Google it and you'll see what I mean. Plus, it's not only cute, but good quality too and it's pretty affordable (that's what makes it so dangerous lol) I'm seriously considering going to Korea just to buy makeup lol :smileyvery-happy:

yenx

(0) Hearts

I love The Face Shop! I really like their skincare products and sheet masks. The thing I like the most is that The Face Shop is a really affordable brand. Plus I love seeing Kim Hyun Joong's face in the posters every time I go to the store :smileyvery-happy:

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

Isn't his face lovely? Lol :smileyvery-happy: 

nightknight

(0) Hearts

If you live in or around Honolulu, there's a store down on Waikiki for the brand Nature Republic. They're also Korean and have natural based products.

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

My dad's from Honolulu, so he hates going where all of the tourists are lol. I'll keep that in mind though if I ever go to Waikiki! :smileyhappy:

nightknight

(0) Hearts

If you ever get to go to Waikiki, stop by the duty-free department store T Galleria. They carry Paul & Joe and Anna Sui cosmetics, both of which are owned and made by the Japanese company, Albion. They also make Laduree's makeup line, Les Merveileuses, which you can only find in Japan or Paris, France. 

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I love duty-free stores! I might have to make a trip to Waikiki this year!

infinitise

(0) Hearts

you should try their eyeliners (pencils esp.) and velvet primer. I like them better than high end ones 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • nikki
    • kristallovesdogs
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ChicDabbler
    • nightknight
    • infinitise