Answer
irishcherokee
Accepted Solution
LORAC vs. Clinique...any thoughts? Thanks!
(0) Hearts

LORAC claims to have "fragrance free" products but I have been a lifetime Clinique customer. Lately, Clinique is discontinuing some of my all time favorites, so I wanted to see if anyone out there has any thoughts?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ran8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Out of those two brands, LORAC would win the majority of favorable products.  However, most of Clinique's lip products are great and preferred.  No need to be exclusive to one brand either.  There are good and bad from both brands.

Foundation- LORAC.  Personal bias against Clinique because it was not favorable to complexion and skin.  It might be overkill if already on Rx skin treatments.  Difficulty to match fairer skin (unless orange coloring works) and caused little hard/painful red bumps under the skin (skincare also did this). 

Eye shadows - LORAC.  Without primer, Cliniques eye shadows have very little pigmentation and are scratchy.  LORAC's are smooth and have better pigmentation. 

Skincare:  Find what works for your skin type.  If Clinique works, stick with it.  Second thoughts or disastified, try/sample something else. 

As for fragrance free, it depends on personal tolerance (strangely enough).  Never know until trying/sampling first.  For more information behind LORAC, check out their official site (About LORAC) for more information. 

Overall, LORAC is a great brand worth checking out. 

irishcherokee
(0) Hearts
Can anyone tell me if LORAC products are 100% fragrance free? This is the primary reason I have "clung" to Clinique for so long. I am not only allergic to perfume but also to botanicals, etc. Thanks!
ran8
(0) Hearts

In the About LORAC section, they do claim these products are. The full ingredients list seems to be present on all the products on their official site. Easy way to find out is to Ctrl+F and start typing in the allergens (one by one) into the find box. If they highlight on the page (ingredients list), then you'll know what to avoid.

If you would like reassurance, contact LORAC directly with all your allergy concerns.

irishcherokee
(0) Hearts
ran8...thanks :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ran8
    • irishcherokee
    • triciaann12
    • ChicDabbler
    • babybear04